Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 11 sneak preview

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

Locke2007

Locke2007
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts
  • xfire:Locke2007
  • Interests:Computer Games, Roleplaying, Anime, Hong Kong Cinema, Wargaming (Warhammer Fantasy / Warhammer 40k), Reading (Fantasy & Sci Fi Novels)
Pwned

Buy it if you want to support the show so they make more episodes, if you don't just stop ya whining and don't buy it.
IPB Image

[00:19] hawkpwwnsyou: When theres no-one to turn to you always have Jesus.
[00:19] Locke2007 {SoS}: Theres Always Jack Daniels

FPS Mike

FPS Mike
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Glad I can slip PP 3$ to support the show. I hope lots of people do so because it will give an accurate conservative number for how many people really watch the show. Good on the PP resume for Kyle and some cash for the other cast members.

I've always wanted to see it on the big screen, but I live in Texas. This will be as close to me being one of the first to see the show as I'm gonna get.

BMN

BMN
  • Banned
  • 15 posts
So do you get to watch it straight away after you buy it or like wait until two days before the internet realese or something?

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
You know, even though this is not as bad as possible, I see that more and more things come that include a price tag. No, if I want to support, I am going to do it by direct means, this is a fucking "trap". You seduce hardcore fans into "supporting" rendering their will to support-or-not meaningless since all they want is an episode. Don't forget the people who will release it on the Internet afterwards. This shit is starting getting worse. Next thing we see is more merchandise and more features with "just this fee". Stop it, I sincerely ask, and maintain a damned dignity, for God's sake. I wish I could experience the earlier days of PP when there was less bullshit going on around these forums, people were closer to each other, and you know, the show was what a bunch of guys did with passion instead of a bandana which takes-less-than-a-scratch-to-sign that's price has been inflated.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ω`) ~

Vibrato

Vibrato
  • GA Private
  • 2 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:906
The way I see this is a way for those of us who cannot attend the premier to see it a bit early. I like it, and don't mind paying for it. I would presume the bandwith for the streaming isn't free. Of course with as with anything a business would do you will have happy customers and not so happy customers. The whole damned if you do, damned if you don't. Thanks for looking out for the fans guys icon_wink.gif

FinalTrigger

FinalTrigger
  • Members
  • 268 posts
  • xfire:finaltrigger
Im purchasing it rite now. But come on PP why do we keep have to buy stuff for episodes.
IPB Image
Your Nothing but a name on the Bullet I aim!

NeoN66

NeoN66
  • Members
  • 538 posts
QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 14 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, even though this is not as bad as possible, I see that more and more things come that include a price tag. No, if I want to support, I am going to do it by direct means, this is a fucking "trap". You seduce hardcore fans into "supporting" rendering their will to support-or-not meaningless since all they want is an episode. Don't forget the people who will release it on the Internet afterwards. This shit is starting getting worse. Next thing we see is more merchandise and more features with "just this fee". Stop it, I sincerely ask, and maintain a damned dignity, for God's sake. I wish I could experience the earlier days of PP when there was less bullshit going on around these forums, people were closer to each other, and you know, the show was what a bunch of guys did with passion instead of a bandana which takes-less-than-a-scratch-to-sign that's price has been inflated.

I don't know, should I mention the purchase of a new camera (starting from ep 9), so that the episodes would look better for all of us, the trip to the Netherlands (including an awesome meet & greet), same thing in Calgary during the convention ...

This show, this entire thing is growing, whether you like it or not. That's how great shows emerge.

And basically, what can be concluded from your speech, is that you're too greedy to support a cause? For 3 dollars? Those very same guys (and I quote) "who do this with passion"? And then you even diss them? I see no honour in this.

You don't wanna pay, DON'T PAY. icon_cool.gif Nobody's making you. However, look up "donation" in wikipedia or something.

Kind regards to you, nlitement.
IPB Image

cragllo

cragllo

I'm the only gay in this village!

• GA Private
  • 486 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2750
Glad to help fund you icon_smile.gif

Edited by cragllo, 24 June 2006 - 03:27 PM.

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
QUOTE (NeoN66 @ Jun 14 2006, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, should I mention the purchase of a new camera (starting from ep 9), so that the episodes would look better for all of us, the trip to the Netherlands (including an awesome meet & greet), same thing in Calgary during the convention ...

This show, this entire thing is growing, whether you like it or not. That's how great shows emerge.

And basically, what can be concluded from your speech, is that you're too greedy to support a cause? For 3 dollars? Those very same guys (and I quote) "who do this with passion"? And then you even diss them? I see no honour in this.

You don't wanna pay, DON'T PAY. icon_cool.gif Nobody's making you. However, look up "donation" in wikipedia or something.

Kind regards to you, nlitement.

New cameras were bought by funds procured through the store. The other money into the Netherlands, E3 2006, and Calgary were from an eBay auction. Jeremy's hair.. whoa, like I really am going to buy it for $4000. You're saying that this show grows [therefore more channels of income must be opened]. Nice going, this show will then explode into an exponential big bang that will finally collapse into a singularity due to severe shortage of mint metals and paper (for bills) after all money will be spent on it. Also, did I ever talk about whether I donate or not? No. I was talking about how this thing works. No, I'm not going to pay, but what is that even supposed to mean? It has nothing to do with my argument. It's, of course, ultimately the fan's choice whether they pay, but that wasn't my point. down.gif
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ω`) ~

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
well, the testing vid was good to go so it looks like ill be seeing ep 11 on the 19. icon_smile.gif

NeoN66

NeoN66
  • Members
  • 538 posts
To nlitement:

You seem to be missing my point as well, which is: most of the money (probably not the entire 100%) the crew makes with this show, is put back into it. So by means of an auction, the n00bstore, donations or whatever, does it really make any difference?

P.S.: Let's not do this whole thing in here. PM me instead to keep the thread clear. K?

To Stryker: 200% agreed. icon_cool.gif
IPB Image

Esca

Esca
  • GA Private
  • 128 posts
  • xfire:35c4
  • Interests:Games
  • Xbox / GFWL:Esca35c4
  • PSN:Yeah Right LOL
  • Wii:5926979619475364
  • Gamer Army ID:333

Sorry I will have to do the real thing.

35c4
IPB Image

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
QUOTE (NeoN66 @ Jun 14 2006, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To Stryker: 200% agreed. icon_cool.gif

thnx. i deleted what i said b4 cuz i thought it didnt make sense, lol. but thnx anyway.

MentalBreakDown

MentalBreakDown
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • xfire:mentalbreakdown99
You guys make me sad, how is charging 3 bucks and I mean THREE DOLLARS outrageous. If you don't like it wait two days -_-. Its not like they are forcing you to pay for the show.

Series

Series
  • Members
  • 287 posts
I show my support by buying their shirts, so I don't need to spend $3 to support them. And, I don't see any point in spending $3 to see an episode a little early. I went what, about 3 months since the last one? 2 days is not a big deal at all.

The whole thing sounds stupid to me, but if you have nothing better to do with your money, I guess it's worth it.

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
QUOTE (MentalBreakDown @ Jun 15 2006, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys make me sad, how is charging 3 bucks and I mean THREE DOLLARS outrageous. If you don't like it wait two days -_-. Its not like they are forcing you to pay for the show.

You know, you're right, but 4000 viewers alone mean $4000. You forgot the number of downloads for episode 10, and then the growth?
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ω`) ~

b3no

b3no
  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Counterstike Source
QUOTE ({D5G}Rax @ Jun 13 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 word.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM
pp_smiley2.gif

rofl!, amen to that pp_smiley2.gif pp_smiley2.gif
IPB Image

War29388

War29388
  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • xfire:war29388
Oh noes $3 I'm going to be a tramp for sending out $3 waa waa...FFS rofl.. If you don't want to pay $3, don't pay it, STFU and get out of this thread k thnx. Purepwnage is still free, they've added in a little extra thing to try and get a little extra money (which is working) whilst still providing the services for free for the people that don't want to support pp in this way. For some people, spending $20 or w/e on a tshirt is alot in the way of supporting them, but $3 isn't alot to any1 really. So if you don't want to pay, feck off from posting your "oh noes purepwnage are ripping us off because $3 is what I get a month with my job so I must flame"!
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Nov 9 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
warlord u gosu ^_^

freeze: SHOOOWWWWMATCCCHHHHH :D

peanuttrader

peanuttrader
  • Members
  • 177 posts
arrgghhh couldent u make it $3 to view a trailer now? i cant wait any longer its been soooooo long.
IPB Image
IPB Image

knoxer

knoxer
  • GA Private
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Knoxer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Knoxer101
  • PSN:Knoxer
  • Wii:4894952128433818
  • Gamer Army ID:499
Wow...why is everyone being a little bitch? If you don't want to pay then don't! Don't bitch about it! People that want to support the show because it awesome will most likely fork over the "outrageous" $3. So stop bitching and enjoy the show! Be glad they keep it free, they can charge when ever or how much they want its THEIR SHOW!

BANNIES ARISE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users