Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help me build a solid $500 gaming pc!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
  • xfire:borgleader
  • Xbox / GFWL:borg leader 03
QUOTE (Komet @ Jun 10 2006, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
icon_neutral.gif

Anywho, my 2GBZX was $180 w/ a $50 rebate. I haven't recieved it yet, but G.Skill emailed me saying that it has been processed and is in progress.

IMHO 8 Gb of RAM = TOTAL uselessness.

By lil hades 87

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
Wow to the guy with a 7Grand machine,

have fun transporting that fishtank to a lan party.
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
if u actually believe him ur an idiot

the computer would not boot with 4x2gig sticks. the computer is rather cheap and believable, less that stupidly rediculous RAM...

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jun 10 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the computer would not boot with 4x2gig sticks. the computer is rather cheap and believable, less that stupidly rediculous RAM...

I guess I'm stupid then. I didnt know a comp wouldnt boot with so much RAM. Well anyway...

By lil hades 87

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
well, many comps will

but he has a s939, which wont

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jun 10 2006, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, many comps will

but he has a s939, which wont

That wouldnt happen to be the socket that has a problem with RAM and downclocks it when all 4 slots are full?

By lil hades 87

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
why yes, it would be!

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jun 10 2006, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why yes, it would be!

Well, then thats why I did believe him. I was told there were some mobos that had problems like that but you see no one mentionned it was the ones with socket 939 so I couldnt actually know that his wouldnt boot since blah blah blah. Anyway, thanks for enlightnening me icon_lol.gif

By lil hades 87

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
Not to mention the A8N-SLI Deluxe has a 4GB maximum anyway, so he's obviously lying. What makes it worse is that he has been removed enough from the technology scene that he still picked 7800s, instead of the obviously superior and cheaper 7900s. Insurance on a PC made me lol.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jun 10 2006, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pc+1, qft
QUOTE (borgleader @ Jun 10 2006, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMHO 8 Gb of RAM = TOTAL uselessness.

AGREED. Only its not IMHO, you called it on the dot, TOTAL waste.... the only good that that could come is if he actually used it ALL, which he dosent. Furthermore, thats not even good to keep around, by the time 8gig becomes a standard, it WONT be DDR400. LOLOLOLO

NO BATTLEFEILD 2 EXCUSES!!!!!!!
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jun 10 2006, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why yes, it would be!

LOL so hes got PC2700 8 gig... LOL!!!
QUOTE (Komet @ Jun 10 2006, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
icon_neutral.gif

Anywho, my 2GBZX was $180 w/ a $50 rebate. I haven't recieved it yet, but G.Skill emailed me saying that it has been processed and is in progress.

LOL. I felt the same.... I was also going to point out the 4gig capacity for the mobo, bet you got just 1 post ahead..... ERRRR!!!!! jk! icon_razz.gif
IPB Image

theblackmages

theblackmages
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
Komet geez TT psu NO! lol , that thing has only 18amps on the 12v a generic psu with the same wattage has the same amps on the 12v,seriously you can get much better psu for 1 dollar more, FORTRON! its 30watt less but it pwns so much that TT , most tt psus are crap.heck my antec 350watt smarty has more amps on the 12v and if he wants to add another 7600gt one day well the fortron will handle it. the fsp group fortron has dual rails and has 16 more amps on the 12v than that TT.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104953

besides that all seems fine icon_smile.gif , i didnt want to flame you but most people buy crappy psus because they think its not important at all.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
QUOTE (theblackmages @ Jun 10 2006, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Komet geez TT psu NO! lol , that thing has only 18amps on the 12v a generic psu with the same wattage has the same amps on the 12v,seriously you can get much better psu for 1 dollar more, FORTRON! its 30watt less but it pwns so much that TT , most tt psus are crap.heck my antec 350watt smarty has more amps on the 12v and if he wants to add another 7600gt one day well the fortron will handle it. the fsp group fortron has dual rails and has 16 more amps on the 12v than that TT.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104953

besides that all seems fine icon_smile.gif , i didnt want to flame you but most people buy crappy psus because they think its not important at all.

No offense, but that PSU isnt great....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...&ATT=17-148-019
http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productd...ply%20for%20Cas
I wouldnt spend less than 50 bucks for a PSU. RARELY... you will find a good one, but thats not it.
IPB Image

theblackmages

theblackmages
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
firstly , the psu's you've recommended arent that great, a higher end fortron will beat it , fortron units are better than cooler master and aspire. those 2 are cheaper made.that cooler master unit is a waste of money, you're probably thinking ooooooooh high wattage its good blah blah blah but the damn thing has only 2 more amps on the 12v than the 400watt fortron and the fortron is 35 dollars cheaper.and did you see that the guy has only 500$ for a pc why would he 1/5 for a bigger wattage psu with more amps and more wattage when he only needs the fortron unit.its just a total waste of money and fortron are more reliable than the aspires.so if he has some extra money he could get a higher end fortron or he could just stick with the 400watt.
this one is 50$ same amperage than the cooler master and 25$ less.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104954

Komet

Komet

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
QUOTE (theblackmages @ Jun 10 2006, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No probs, I only speak from experience on the Tt TR2 430w. It powered my whole rig with two additional hard drives that I used to run without breaking a sweat, so I reccomend it when low budgets are necessary. Although all their other PSUs are crap, they seem to be doing something right with that one.
QUOTE (theblackmages @ Jun 10 2006, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dayum dual 12s w/ 15 each for $50, thats pwnage. Definitely the nicest PSU you'd need for a non-SLI / high end build. Fortron is good shit, you've found a great little deal there.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
QUOTE (theblackmages @ Jun 10 2006, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
firstly , the psu's you've recommended arent that great, a higher end fortron will beat it , fortron units are better than cooler master and aspire. those 2 are cheaper made.that cooler master unit is a waste of money, you're probably thinking ooooooooh high wattage its good blah blah blah but the damn thing has only 2 more amps on the 12v than the 400watt fortron and the fortron is 35 dollars cheaper.and did you see that the guy has only 500$ for a pc why would he 1/5 for a bigger wattage psu with more amps and more wattage when he only needs the fortron unit.its just a total waste of money and fortron are more reliable than the aspires.so if he has some extra money he could get a higher end fortron or he could just stick with the 400watt.

yours is 450w, not 680w like mine, and the 12v rail is EXACTLY the same! your argument is not valid. I would definatly pay an extra 25 for a 680 over 450, and again, rail rating is the same. Price per performance, the 680 is more efficent. (btw, aspire is a rock solid PSU.)
IPB Image

theblackmages

theblackmages
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
ok , he doesnt need 680watt ok!?! the 450 or 400 is fine.

i have calculated the wattage for his rig its about 281watt with one 7600gt and 350 watt with sli 7600gt and thats with one hard drive and one dvd burner and one cd drive, a sound blaster and you can add about 20watts in total for the usb thingys and case fans. so there! no need for 680watts! and yes i will argue with you for ages if you want icon_smile.gif

flameshield

flameshield
  • Members
  • 114 posts
anybody got some 7600GT Benchmarks?

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
My post on the 8gig thing was total sarcasm btw ;x
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

Komet

Komet

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
QUOTE (flameshield @ Jun 12 2006, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anybody got some 7600GT Benchmarks?
Here, Here, and Here. icon_wink.gif

flameshield

flameshield
  • Members
  • 114 posts
lol wow i can do those enter name here sites too!

icon_smile.gif sorryf or bein lazy i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users