Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warsow

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

dvide

dvide
  • Members
  • 652 posts
This not been posted yet
http://www.warsow.net

Go play.

TheFallxOfTroy

TheFallxOfTroy
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • xfire:bitchcakesmcdoogle
QUOTE (dvide @ May 30 2006, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This not been posted yet
http://www.warsow.net

Go play.

link doesn't work.
IPB Image
Member of the Official...aw fuck it.

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
  • xfire:TwiZtiDJuggal0
  • Interests:watching you get clowned
link is down icon_sad.gif
IPB Image

dvide

dvide
  • Members
  • 652 posts
QUOTE (TheFallxOfTroy @ May 31 2006, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
link doesn't work.

feck seems their server is dead or something
great timing icon_sad.gif

Ok check here and here.

TheFallxOfTroy

TheFallxOfTroy
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
Any idea on what it's like? icon_razz.gif
IPB Image

dvide

dvide
  • Members
  • 652 posts
QUOTE (TheFallxOfTroy @ May 31 2006, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's getting quite popular in competetive deathmatch circles, because of it's simplicity and speed. The recent releases (0.11 and 0.1) are a major improvement to the previous version if anyone has every played it before.

It combines everything which is good about the quake games, such as bunny hopping, air control, strafe jumping, double jumping (feels a lot like cpma) and adds a few extra moves in there such as walljumps and dodges (sorta like from UT dodge). It's very fast, and focussed on the art of movement rather than just aim.

The ammo system is a little different in this game. Each weapon has strong ammo and weak ammo. You fire strong ammo when you have it and weak ammo when you don't. You get weak ammo from the weapon pickups themselves, and strong ammo from the ammo boxes. It is important to control the strong ammos and not to underestimate their importance. For instance, the eletrobolt is instant hit with strong ammo, but simply a fast projectile with weak ammo (meaning it's a lot harder to hit someone with it). The rockets do more damage with strong. The laser gun (shaft) goes straight with strong and bendy (hard to keep it on opponent) with weak ammo.

TheFallxOfTroy

TheFallxOfTroy
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
QUOTE (dvide @ May 30 2006, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's getting quite popular in competetive deathmatch circles, because of it's simplicity and speed. The recent releases (0.11 and 0.1) are a major improvement to the previous version if anyone has every played it before.

It combines everything which is good about the quake games, such as bunny hopping, air control, strafe jumping, double jumping (feels a lot like cpma) and adds a few extra moves in there such as walljumps and dodges (sorta like from UT dodge). It's very fast, and focussed on the art of movement rather than just aim.

The ammo system is a little different in this game. Each weapon has strong ammo and weak ammo. You fire strong ammo when you have it and weak ammo when you don't. You get weak ammo from the weapon pickups themselves, and strong ammo from the ammo boxes. It is important to control the strong ammos and not to underestimate their importance. For instance, the eletrobolt is instant hit with strong ammo, but simply a fast projectile with weak ammo (meaning it's a lot harder to hit someone with it). The rockets do more damage with strong. The laser gun (shaft) goes straight with strong and bendy (hard to keep it on opponent) with weak ammo.

sounds interesting, i'll give it a try. icon_smile.gif
IPB Image

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
im highly intrigued. ill give it a shot tomorrow. (download over night).

ok, its not that big, but i shouldnt start a game tonight >_<

how busy are servers usually?

dvide

dvide
  • Members
  • 652 posts
QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ May 31 2006, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im highly intrigued. ill give it a shot tomorrow. (download over night).

ok, its not that big, but i shouldnt start a game tonight >_<

how busy are servers usually?

Depends. In europe it's really popular but I've heard reports that there is not many US servers. Try it though I could be wrong

BLUEman

BLUEman
  • Members
  • 221 posts
QUOTE (TheFallxOfTroy @ May 30 2006, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Install Quake III: Arena and apply the Challenge Promode Arena modification.

or

Install QuakeWorld

Giant Hippy

Giant Hippy
  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • xfire:molerat101
  • Interests:Pwning Noobs
kk maybe i will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users