Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pure Pwnage UT2004 Sound Pack

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

bS.Onyx

bS.Onyx
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I downloaded the Pure Pwnage sound pack (http://www.purepwnag...m/funstuff.html) for my UT2004 server, and I followed the directions given in the read me file, but the sounds are not working.

Has anyone else tried this sound package out? Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:8
Hi

Are you aware you have to select the pack from the drop-down menu in the player section of the options screen? That is, you need to select it as a voice scheme for your character.

Several people have PMed me before and this had been the problem. It's may fault for not putting it in the readme! Maybe I ought to look into changing it... :?

Hope this fixes your troubles, let me know...

-den icon_cool.gif
(creator of teh_UT_pack)

Troy :(

bS.Onyx

bS.Onyx
  • Members
  • 2 posts
LOL Thats exactly what it was... hehe I feel like such a n00b. Thanks a lot!!! Yeah, you might consider putting it in the read me.

Bald_Yew

Bald_Yew
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the work, I love the pack. Just an FYI to the folks who visit AntiTCC enabled servers....I got a kick from AntiTCC for the pack as soon as I installed this and tried to play on The MyU public CTF server.

Not trying to harsh your work man, just an FYI for those who might care.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
QUOTE (Bald_Yew)
Thanks for the work, I love the pack.  Just an FYI to the folks who visit AntiTCC enabled servers....I got a kick from AntiTCC for the pack as soon as I installed this and tried to play on The MyU public CTF server.

Not trying to harsh your work man, just an FYI for those who might care.

Yeh I encountered this too, shortly after I made the pack - antiTCC is very strict, which is good I suppose, but if you want to play these servers I guess you'll need to remove the file from the game directory icon_cry.gif - a bit of an inconvenience.

-den icon_cool.gif

Iam8up101

Iam8up101
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Where exactly do these sounds get used? I don't see them in the V-menu, and I don't hear them in casual gameplay...

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
QUOTE (Iam8up101)
Where exactly do these sounds get used?  I don't see them in the V-menu, and I don't hear them in casual gameplay...

They replace your character's voice clips, both in casual gameplay if auto-taunt is enabled and also on the voice selection menu.

I assume you've installed it as per the 'readme' and selected it as described above?

-den icon_cool.gif

Iam8up101

Iam8up101
  • Members
  • 2 posts
So after the "install" (placing them within the System dir) all that is changed is the auto-taunts and other misc. sounds? Could you possibly list some of these so I can hear them?

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
QUOTE (Iam8up101)
So after the "install" (placing them within the System dir) all that is changed is the auto-taunts and other misc. sounds?  Could you possibly list some of these so I can hear them?

http://www.purepwnage.com/funstuff.html

On that page are listed all the sounds in the UT pack. To hear them, doewnload the 12mb pack of wavs, which are the same clips (plus a couple more but hey).

Yes, it's the character voice which is replaced, and appropriate auto-taunts after every frag. This is the case with any voice pack you download for UT, except the PP one bears little resemblence to the original character phrases.

It's great fun at a LAN on auto-taunt, providing not everyone enables the pack. For example, a classic one... you get a kill and 'BOOM HEADSHOT!' - there are plenty more; try it out.

-den icon_cool.gif

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
  • Steam ID:dloko_net
  • Xbox / GFWL:dloko
Does everyone on the server hear your custom sounds?
My love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER!
Would you like some making fuck, BERSERKER!

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
QUOTE (dloko)
Does everyone on the server hear your custom sounds?

Only if you:

a) install the pack on a net server so people are forced to download the pack before joining
B) everyone on a LAN has it in their game directory, which doesn't take long to do

-den icon_cool.gif

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:3dfx Graphics, pure pwnage, StarWars, Sting & The Police, Dinosaurs, Air Force jets and bombers worldwide!,, MC-Hammer, 50Cent, and DJ-Tiesto + Chicane
  • Gamer Army ID:3981
Hey all

Old topic I know but I am seeking the UT 2004 PP Sound pack, does anyone have an idea where I can get it, the funnstuff section does not seem to have it anymore, so hereby I ask it here icon_smile.gif

thx!

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
UT2K4 was a fun game.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:3dfx Graphics, pure pwnage, StarWars, Sting &amp; The Police, Dinosaurs, Air Force jets and bombers worldwide!,, MC-Hammer, 50Cent, and DJ-Tiesto + Chicane
So can anybody help get the UT 2004 PurePwnage sound pack? would be nice, since it was a free download in the past.
I have been going through my backups and it seems I don't have it anymore , so I was hoping someone from here could pass it on to me icon_smile.gif

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,321 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
Dunno if it's there but you could look around http://www.ppartchive.com/

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:3dfx Graphics, pure pwnage, StarWars, Sting &amp; The Police, Dinosaurs, Air Force jets and bombers worldwide!,, MC-Hammer, 50Cent, and DJ-Tiesto + Chicane
QUOTE (UDP @ Feb 10 2012, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dunno if it's there but you could look around http://www.ppartchive.com/

Hmm shames ain't there man, thanks for the idea though, it seems it's lost unless the creator of it can help out, I am hoping he still has a backup of it.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,321 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
You could try PMing denwO, he created it, or email him. His email in his profile is denwo@gamerarmy.com

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
QUOTE (UDP @ Feb 10 2012, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could try PMing denwO, he created it, or email him. His email in his profile is denwo@gamerarmy.com

Ah oke, many thanks icon_smile.gif

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
Hey,

I checked my files and I have it on the PPArtchive... just not listed on the site for some reason.

Here is the download:
http://www.ppartchiv...wnageUTPack.zip

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ Feb 12 2012, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey,

I checked my files and I have it on the PPArtchive... just not listed on the site for some reason.

Here is the download:
http://www.ppartchiv...wnageUTPack.zip

Many many thanks for this!!! pp_smiley7.gif icon_mrgreen.gif thanks.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users