Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hayao Miyazaki

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
Just seeing what people think of this guys stuff. I've seen Laputa, Spirited away and am in the middle of watching Princess Mononoke right now. So far I love all three movies. What're your thoughts?
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

EliteTekOld

EliteTekOld
  • Validating
  • 1,717 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Fan Meets, getting wasted, dancing, and looking for that perfect gal !!
  • Xbox / GFWL:Do Not Want
  • PSN:Coming Soon
  • Wii:Coming Soon
  • Gamer Army ID:2281
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ May 13 2006, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just seeing what people think of this guys stuff. I've seen Laputa, Spirited away and am in the middle of watching Princess Mononoke right now. So far I love all three movies. What're your thoughts?

lol, i have never heard of "Hayao Miyazaki" but now i have somthing to get when i go out for videos tonight.. icon_biggrin.gif

ill give you my feedback if they have it there.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
QUOTE (Elite-Tek @ May 13 2006, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, i have never heard of "Hayao Miyazaki" but now i have somthing to get when i go out for videos tonight.. icon_biggrin.gif

ill give you my feedback if they have it there.

His movies are pretty well respected in the animation world. I'd get my hands on any Hayao movie since I've heard so many good things about them at work. smile.gif
"Wish you were here."

EliteTekOld

EliteTekOld
  • Validating
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Fan Meets, getting wasted, dancing, and looking for that perfect gal !!
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ May 13 2006, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His movies are pretty well respected in the animation world. I'd get my hands on any Hayao movie since I've heard so many good things about them at work. smile.gif

lol. dude i just wrote down his name, ill show it to them at the video shop they are like the biggest video geeks known to man they should know him, thanks for the movie pick icon_biggrin.gif

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
Haha, no problem aye. Also, I haven't seen these yet but the Ninja Scroll movie (not the series) and Elfen Lied (not sure if it's the movie or series) is supposed to be excellent. The most gory, bloody, violent anime around, or so they say. smile.gif
"Wish you were here."

Locke2007

Locke2007
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts
  • xfire:Locke2007
  • Interests:Computer Games, Roleplaying, Anime, Hong Kong Cinema, Wargaming (Warhammer Fantasy / Warhammer 40k), Reading (Fantasy &amp; Sci Fi Novels)
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ May 13 2006, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably one of the greatest Anime film makers ever. If you like those you should watch Howls Moving Castle. Thats a pretty recent adition to his list of films ^___^

Ninja Scroll is awesome, pretty old now but still ranks in my top 10 favourite anime films along with The Fist Of The North Star Movie.

Anime FTW icon_biggrin.gif
IPB Image

[00:19] hawkpwwnsyou: When theres no-one to turn to you always have Jesus.
[00:19] Locke2007 {SoS}: Theres Always Jack Daniels

IkiNokoRI

IkiNokoRI
  • Members
  • 199 posts
QUOTE (Locke2007 @ May 13 2006, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably one of the greatest Anime film makers ever. If you like those you should watch Howls Moving Castle. Thats a pretty recent adition to his list of films ^___^

Ninja Scroll is awesome, pretty old now but still ranks in my top 10 favourite anime films along with The Fist Of The North Star Movie.

I like "tonari no tottoro" (tottoro next door), its a great movie. Also spirited away, mononoke and howl are great movies. The stories can be a bit strange and maybe not for everyone but they are so well made...

Econojon

Econojon

MotM April 2006 teh_straterer

• GA Sergeant
  • 5,427 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:32
Have to agree. One of the best anime film makers of all time. No need for giant robots, nekkid ladies, or random fight scenes.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (Locke2007 @ May 13 2006, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard great things about Howls Moving Castle. I think I'm borrowing it next week. icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait to get Ninja Scroll, and I'll have to add The Fist Of The North Star to the list. Thanks!

QUOTE (IkiNokoRI @ May 13 2006, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like "tonari no tottoro" (tottoro next door), its a great movie. Also spirited away, mononoke and howl are great movies. The stories can be a bit strange and maybe not for everyone but they are so well made...

I totally agree. XD

QUOTE (Econojon @ May 14 2006, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have to agree. One of the best anime film makers of all time. No need for giant robots, nekkid ladies, or random fight scenes.

FTW!
"Wish you were here."

xgunwingx

xgunwingx
  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • xfire:xgunwingx
  • Interests:Licking Bicycle Seats
Lupin the 3rd = pwnage
It's not what's gotten into me, it's what's gotten into Oprah, my seed, son! I'm rich, bitch! - Dave Chappelle

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (xgunwingx @ May 15 2006, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lupin the 3rd = pwnage

I can't say I've heard that name before. icon_redface.gif
"Wish you were here."

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Locke2007 @ May 13 2006, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BIGGEST QFT EVAR!!

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

EliteTekOld

EliteTekOld
  • Validating
  • 1,717 posts
lol my local video shop didnt have it so now im looking for a download i shall return if i find one...

Locke2007

Locke2007
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts
  • xfire:Locke2007
  • Interests:Computer Games, Roleplaying, Anime, Hong Kong Cinema, Wargaming (Warhammer Fantasy / Warhammer 40k), Reading (Fantasy &amp; Sci Fi Novels)
If your video store is anything like my local, go beat them in the face with a shovel unless its a hollywood blockbuster they havn't heard of it T__T sad really that such art can go without recognition T__T

*cough* anidb.net *cough*
IPB Image

[00:19] hawkpwwnsyou: When theres no-one to turn to you always have Jesus.
[00:19] Locke2007 {SoS}: Theres Always Jack Daniels

BlackKatharsis

BlackKatharsis
  • Banned
  • 386 posts
He is pretty awsome
IPB Image

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
I LOVE ALL OF YOU! icon_eek.gif Haha.
"Wish you were here."

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
Studio ghibli rocks the world, Princess Mononoke = Best film ever.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (Kiron @ May 26 2006, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Studio ghibli rocks the world, Princess Mononoke = Best film ever.

you're damn right... However on a side note I did just watch Ninja Scroll and loved it, even though it's not a Miyazaki feature.
"Wish you were here."

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
I've got Spirited Away on DVD and it blew me away the first time I saw it. I realized that anime isn't about boobs and killing, it can be quite soul touching. smile.gif
IPB Image

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (CrispyDuck411 @ May 29 2006, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got Spirited Away on DVD and it blew me away the first time I saw it. I realized that anime isn't about boobs and killing, it can be quite soul touching. smile.gif

Another soul saved!!! Though the majority of anime is pretty much maim and rape... icon_confused.gif
"Wish you were here."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users