Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sega E3 updates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
YES! FUCKING YES!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!

Dude, I'm still 18 and sonic's still my all-time hero (sad I know, but I look at it more for the character creation side now), this is like SEX! But not as disturbing >_>
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
this might get you as pumped as me for this sonic title:
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/800/800277/vids_1.html

More gameplay footage...

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts

Golden Axe Picture... Thats the only one released so far...

ofmg i want game now

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ May 12 2006, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this might get you as pumped as me for this sonic title:
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/800/800277/vids_1.html

More gameplay footage...

... This made me want to cry a little. (tears of joy)
"Wish you were here."

captain america

captain america
  • Members
  • 63 posts
QUOTE (hardxore @ May 10 2006, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wahey, Yuji Naka's starting his own studio. Prope is a stupid name, but apart from that nothing is bad about this announcement. Sonic has fucking sucked since SA2 on DC, and PSO is just as stagnant nowadays. It's the same fucking game regurgitated and slightly worse each time. It's about time the guy who started it all broke off on his own and actually did something for a change.

Anyway, it's no surprise that VF5 isn't coming to Wii... I reckon arcade conversions are totally out for the console - the graphics suck. All I can say is, it'd better be cheap, because that's how it looks.

Golden axe will suck, because it's not being developed by Sega. Sonic will suck because Sonic Team suck, and they don't even have Yuji Naka behind them anymore. Virtua Tennis will rock, because, lets face it, it always has. Oh yeah, and AMD rock too. For the rest I predict this: Bizzare shooter - good, monkey ball - good, sega rally - good (it'd better be), full auto - not that good.

Thanks for the news.

yeah man everything sucks. liek sonic sucks and goldenaxe will suck and like everything sucks except for me because im hardcore.

is sucks the only word to describe something thats bad?
IPB Image

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (captain america @ May 15 2006, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah man everything sucks. liek sonic sucks and goldenaxe will suck and like everything sucks except for me because im hardcore.

lmao XD
"Wish you were here."

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
This is more Sega of Europe, it has Football Manager (i don't liekt that game), The Club (by bizzare Creations), and other games ... it also has interviews..:

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=419&s=l

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
I grew up on the Genesis. I have some of the greatest gaming memories of my life in that thing, and I still play it to this day. But tbh, I have been loosing alot of respect for sega as game makers latly. In my mind they have totally raped the Sonic franchise of all its value this past generation. I die alittle inside each time i walk by a kid playing the Shadow demo in stores.

While both of these new sonic games may look promising, i wont be holding my breath.

Guest_hardxore_*

Guest_hardxore_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (captain america @ May 14 2006, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry man, i'll refrase that: Man, nowadays sonic really captain america's.

Stfu, gtfo.

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
i never hear people say this about mario and its 7 mario games, mario sport games, and its poor excuse of its gamecube efforts.

It does get to me. I know the new sonic games haven't been great. Sonic Adventure was good... 2 was eh... shadow and heros sucked.

Also Sega isn't JUST about sonic. they have a shit load of franchises...

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ May 15 2006, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also Sega isn't JUST about sonic. they have a shit load of franchises...

..of which none are any good. twith the exception of virtua fighter.

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
ANy good? lol yeah

Gunstar Heros
Shining Force
Phantasy Star
Virtua Fighter
Jet Set/grind Radio
Panzar Dragoon
Streets of Rage
Vector Man
Comix Zone
NiGHTS
Golden Axe
Shinobi
Yakuza

Now they have some good RTS games coming out.

Sega is a great company. thanks for the negativity.

Guest_hardxore_*

Guest_hardxore_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (hackerwacker @ May 15 2006, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..of which none are any good. twith the exception of virtua fighter.

So, you didn't like virtua tennis or panzer dragoon orta? Funny, I remember them getting 9's...

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ May 15 2006, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phantasy Star
Virtua Fighter
Panzar Dragoon

k fixed the list to only include good recent games

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
lol wrong

Gunstar Super Heros just came out this past Nov.

Panzar Dragoon came out the same time as Jet Set Radio on xbox along with Shenmue II

Yakuza got really highly rated in japan. It comes out Sept.

Shinobi came out in 2004 for PS2...

Shining Tears came out on PS2 a couple of years ago.. it wasn't the best RPG... but it was ok.

Skies of Arcadia was a great game.

I think you are just trying to put down sega for 3 bad Sonic games... but no one seems to care about the 10 bad mario games.

oh well if you don't like sega just don't buy there games. I'm just giving you the news anyway.

SunPenguin

SunPenguin
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • xfire:angtu
I lost faith in Sega a long time ago when they stop making good sonic games like Sonic Adventure 2 and instead came up with a bunch of lame replacement. I mean, it just seems to me they are just trying to get it over with. Wild Fire may look half decent, but still no NiGHTs. That just dissappoints me greatly. It's one of their best game ever and yet they choose to discontinue it...

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (SunPenguin @ May 16 2006, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I lost faith in Sega a long time ago when they stop making good sonic games like Sonic Adventure 2 and instead came up with a bunch of lame replacement. I mean, it just seems to me they are just trying to get it over with. Wild Fire may look half decent, but still no NiGHTs. That just dissappoints me greatly. It's one of their best game ever and yet they choose to discontinue it...

You do know that Sonic Adventure 2 was the last game being made during the time Isao Okawa was alive yessum? (we was the president of Sega) Since he passed away Sega kinda went downhill, hence why there have been no other consoles by sega since the Dreamcast, and they've sold out to all other gaming formats, or most of them.
"Wish you were here."

SunPenguin

SunPenguin
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • xfire:angtu
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ May 15 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do know that Sonic Adventure 2 was the last game being made during the time Isao Okawa was alive yessum? (we was the president of Sega) Since he passed away Sega kinda went downhill, hence why there have been no other consoles by sega since the Dreamcast, and they've sold out to all other gaming formats, or most of them.

No i don't. I didn't know. Nonetheless, it still saddens me that no NiGHTs game came out since.

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ May 15 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are just trying to put down sega for 3 bad Sonic games... but no one seems to care about the 10 bad mario games.

Meh. I didnt even realize sega made alot of those games. I did quite enjoy shinobi. However there are SO many crap games they put out now. Such as the Sonic games, billy hatcher, their 'classic' collection, sega soccer, golden axe ports etc

But yea, the last mario game I bought was "Mario sunshine" that i didnt even finish. There is only so much italian plumber i can take.

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
i agree, they should slow down on the mario games.. its not a big deal anymore when a mario game comes out because theres like 30 in the last 6 years... many being advanced ports.

I like Sonic Mega Collection.... THe golden Axe ports to the ps2 sucked i think thats what your talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users