Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Teh free lappy computer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shodan1028

Shodan1028
  • Members
  • 419 posts
  • xfire:Shodan1028
  • Xbox / GFWL:Shodan1028
So i was waiting for the bus this morning, when my buddy waved me over to the neighbor's house (Cuz that's where he gets picked up for school). Apparantly, they were throwing out their perfectly good Dell Laptop, because either A- it was outdated or B-something didn't work. We figured it was B, so we started it up to see what was wrong. Nothing was wrong. At all. I ran a disk check (It has windows 2000, and at boot there's an option to scan the disc) and it said it has a perfectly fine 10 gig hard drive. Small, but it's enough. i'm not going to play many games- mabey some old school ones like mario or something, but this computer would mostly be used for music, web surfing, and all me messenger clients.

Thing is, the damn thing wont let me log on. I think the owner before had changed the admin's password, because it won't go otherwise. Is there another way to log onto a computer so i can wipe the hard drive and start all over, or do i have to take it into the computer people and have them tear it apart and put in a new hard drive?

And yeah, i'd puss out and take it in, because i might be able to cobble with desktops, but laptops are out of my leauge yet.
"Random meaningfull and deep quote goes here" -person who said it goes here.

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
You can boot from CD and wipe it just like any Desktop.

Or you could use something like the Trinity Rescue Kit to wipe the Windows password. It's oh-so secure!
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

Mugein

Mugein
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • xfire:mugein
hehe my 1337 hax0r skills icon_smile.gif Log into safe mode (usually hold down f8 on startup) and then you can log in a a admin account. I would recommend reformatting the harddrive anyways because its proballey loaded with pron,spyware, and viruses lol.

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
Yeah, 'cause you can login as an admin when you don't know that password either? Almost every user is an admin anyway. New method, please.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:gesi1223
  • Xbox / GFWL:Musashi2004
  • Wii:6880696971734726
Just take a Windows OS disc, boot from the disc drive, and you can wipe the HDD.(Go into the BIOS to change the settings to boot from the CD-Drive)

Protocol

Protocol
  • GA Private
  • 2,932 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ant Venom
  • Gamer Army ID:4402
ya to be the reformatting option seems like the only option if theirs no way to get the pw, but wtf, a free laptop, omfg, i wish i was that lucky.

QUOTE (UDP @ Apr 13 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he just pwned him like when you pwn a pokemon, they never die, they just faint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users