Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How long has your PC been on for?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Kurt_

Kurt_
  • Members
  • 642 posts
The longest mine has been on is about 2 and a half days. Not much, I know.

Currently, it's been on 1 day, 1 hour.

What about you?
IPB Image

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
One week.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ω`) ~

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
Longest.. probably close to a month. ~25 days I think it was.

Now? sad little 4 hours..

Comet

Comet
  • Members
  • 393 posts
  • xfire:cptcomet
  • Interests:I don't play games quite so much anymore, the occasional go on CSS. I love music, I play guitar and i'm learning piano.<br /><br />Huge fan of Muse.<br /><br />I work and go to college.
Longest for me is about 6 hours. When i'm not on it i turn it off, what can i say. I can't believe you had urs on for almost a month ShiZ. Man.
Founder of The Keep Kyle Hidden Club

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
QUOTE (Comet @ Apr 12 2006, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Longest for me is about 6 hours. When i'm not on it i turn it off, what can i say. I can't believe you had urs on for almost a month ShiZ. Man.

I idle things.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
computer in same room as i sleep and with the eeire green glow out the side and the humming of a fridge i doubt i can sleep

longest is 2 days when i was making a rainbow table
i wasnt home that night
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

cheesebaron

cheesebaron
  • GA Private
  • 322 posts
  • Steam ID:ostebaronen
  • Gamer Army ID:1178
The longest my computer has been on for is 7 weeks 2 days and 4 hours and 35 minues

But right now it has been on for 2 days and 21 hours

You know gentoo is the shit, you can turn it on, and it keeps being stable for like forever...
mmm... cheese...

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
Mine 4 hours..

Rods was on teamspeak for 7days recently.

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Well once for about 3 and a half days. Most of that time I still was logged on to teamspeak.

xax

xax
  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • xfire:xxintensity
2 days? aroudn there.
IPB Image

digitaldude

digitaldude
  • Members
  • 52 posts
5 Hours, most its ever been on is 2 days icon_wink.gif
IPB Image

LordViperScorpioN

LordViperScorpioN
  • Members
  • 129 posts
I turn it off every night. Can't sleep with all te loud fans going. icon_sad.gif

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
13 days, happened about 6 or 7 years ago, waiting on some weird pre-warez p2p client.
IPB Image

Kurt_

Kurt_
  • Members
  • 642 posts
QUOTE (ShiZ @ Apr 12 2006, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I idle things.

Same. Mainly AIM and IRC.
IPB Image

DeathlyLost

DeathlyLost
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • xfire:DeathlyLost
  • Interests:Guitars, music, silkroad online, counter strike source...
Mine gets turned off every night, i dont see the point of keeping them of. They are loud, waste power and are always sluggish the next morning.

My brother keeps his on all the time and every month or so it burns out and wont start up for a day icon_neutral.gif
IPB Image

Killertomato

Killertomato
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Roundhouse kicks to the faces of men, women, and children alike
  • Gamer Army ID:833
i've never actualy gauged the longest mines been on, i rarely shut my computer off, i do sleep my internet connection but as far as teh computer it stays on. here lately the internet has stayed up to download files.

Attaaaaaaack of the Killertomato!

Weegee_101

Weegee_101
  • GA Private
  • 1,644 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Unix.
  • Gamer Army ID:816
  • Company:India
The machine I'm typing on has been up for 2 days, but one of my linux boxes has been up for 178 days (damn power outages).

Killertomato

Killertomato
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Roundhouse kicks to the faces of men, women, and children alike
  • Gamer Army ID:833
the only time my comp gets sluggish and won't run right is if it gets too hot in my house. i keep it fucking COLD in here so my computer is always in top shape.

But this brings me to a quick story. My girlfriend was up a couple weeks ago to stay with me for a week while she was in-between jobs and had the kids with their dad. i left to go to work one day and i had my little space heater in here because she gets cold very easily and it was pretty chilly outside. anywho when i got home from work she had crashed on the couch and left the heater on, i swear it was 85 fuckin degrees in my house. i walked in the door and my computer was steadily restarting over and over.

At the time i had the computer overclocked. 3200+ running at 2.2ghz, and my video card was on the brink of destroying itself. 6800xt runs at 325/650 normally, i had mine running at 411/875. Ever since when i try to watch a video on my computer, the edge has this weird line thing on the left side, and it will randomly lock up for 5 seconds, then the video wil play really fast to catch up to the sound.

So now i've gotta see what part i fucked up and replace it... YAY!

and no my girlfriend is not a n00b, she knows more about computers than I do, and i'm not too shabby with em. she was just really tired from the long drive and crashed and forgot about the heater.

Attaaaaaaack of the Killertomato!

MrBlanks

MrBlanks
  • Members
  • 884 posts
  • xfire:sdn1003
  • Interests:Computers and airsoft... typical dork stuff.<br /><br />I also like long walks on the beach.
mine has been up for like 3 days and sometimes I leave it up for a week. Its because I am so used to my old computer where it starts up in 10 minutes and I was really impatient about that. I still do that even though my comp can start really quick now.

On Fanboyism:"
"Why do people feel such fierce loyalty to a corporation? You can rest assured the corporation doesn't feel the same level of loyalty towards you."

Beast182

Beast182
  • Members
  • 1,129 posts
  • xfire:beastmarvel
Uhm..i think like 3 days or something for downloading...
Part of the weekend never dies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users