Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Discussion: how did u think up ur nickname?

* * - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
yeah, how did u get the the idea to make ut nickname the way it is now?

I'll start with mine.

when i was a total noob, i called myself SlayingWeiman, yeah that's n00b.
The slaying was jsut n00b, but Weimar is my last name and the guys on my baseball team always like to twist my name (I'm always called Weimar in RL) around and finally they called me Weiman once. Weiman it is.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

R-qaNe

R-qaNe
  • Members
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:World of Warcraft
R-qaNe = arcane = dark, mysterious. I actually don't care about the meaning of it, it just sounds nice so that's probly why i'm using this one for like 3 years now. How i got it? You just take a dictionary.. but than i already figured i wanted something with 'R-q'...

Before i had this one i used to be 'KbE' which was an abrreviaton of 'KillerBee'. When is was a very little nooblet it was KSKB -> Killing Spree Killer Bee icon_razz.gif.

Ximensions

Ximensions

Positive Climb, Gear Up

• Retired Staff
  • 3,108 posts
  • xfire:ximensions
  • Interests:Aviation, physics, computer art, history, cooking
  • Gamer Army ID:6
There's a thread someone posted similar to this one a while ago: http://forums.purepwnage.com/viewtopic.php...hlight=nickname

In there I said that if anyone correctly guessed how I came up with mine, I'd personally buy them an item from the noob store.

Edit: Pm me your ideas, don't wanna hijack this thread. icon_razz.gif
For the love of God, it's spelt r i diculous!

Amraam_7[cz]

Amraam_7[cz]
  • Members
  • 287 posts
QUOTE (Ximensions)
There's a thread someone posted similar to this one a while ago: http://forums.purepwnage.com/viewtopic.php...hlight=nickname

In there I said that if anyone correctly guessed how I came up with mine, I'd personally buy them an item from the noob store.

derived from Xi Baryons, a family of subatomic particles with heavier particles (called hyperons)?
IPB Image

Wokesmeed

Wokesmeed
  • Members
  • 22 posts
I originally called myself Easy Rider, but then more and more people started popping up with it so I changed.

I became Kannabis, but again more and more people were using it.

Then I decided on Wokesmeed because I had never seen it and a google search didn't even return results. So I've staked my claim as the original Wokesmeed and I'll stick to it. In the event I can't use the name in a game (like WoW) I change it to one of my previous. Right now my WoW characters go by the name Easyrider.

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
I got gillz froma friend.

Since my last name is gilbert, someone called me gilby one day, then someone called me gills. I stuck to it. Im mostly known as bman_006 on teh net, or D353RT-F0X on games.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=o...=original%20sin

My first name's Adam.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Mostly-Harmless

Mostly-Harmless
  • Members
  • 128 posts
No, not from a Douglas Adams novel. I chose this name with a huge story behind it, but to make it short... it is because it describes my gaming skills.

Spinal

Spinal
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • Steam ID:0:1:962903
i like noobing people in the back in cs wink.gif sneaky sneaky
Phenom 9750 | 9800GTX | OCZ Reaper ram
back after some hardcore afkizzle

1337_n00b

1337_n00b
  • Members
  • 213 posts
I'm new to CS 1.6 so I just decided to call myself 1337_n00b. Other names I use are YodaWizeJedi and Dr. Chronic: Street Pharmasist.
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz 512KB Cache Northwood Socket 478
Intel D865GBF 800MHz FSB
1GB Kingston Value PC3200 Dual Channel (512MB x 2)
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
Western Digital 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

3DMark05: 4873

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
I opened a german dictionnary and took a random word.
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
so......what does verructer mean then?

Fiends

Fiends
  • Members
  • 1,208 posts
Small penis.

Kenny_Lingus

Kenny_Lingus
  • Members
  • 61 posts
LoL
haha, small penis is nice.

Nope it means "crazy one" although in original German the word "Verrückter" sounds a bit noobish

My nick:

Do you know the American show "King of Queens?"
There was a dialogue between Arthur Spooner and a guy on the telephone like this:

"...."
Ah, ok mr. Latio thanks for the talk.
"...."
What? Sure *blabla*
Let me ask you one last question: What is your first name buddy?
"...."
Ah, ok Phil, see you later!

It so Arthur was mocked by a guy who had a fake name "Phil Latio"
I thought a bit an then i got the counterpart to Phil Latio.
Easy right? icon_biggrin.gif
"If one wants to truly own, one must own in all games!"
-teh_masterer

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
lol nice, this thread finally seems to be getting of the ground icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

cliffkik

cliffkik
  • Members
  • 85 posts
It all started about when I was 9 years old. I had just gotten back from the store with the first video game that I would be playing online! This very special game is C&C:Tiberian Sun. After playing RA1 and now moving on to this I was very excited. But alas, many problems arose. I was using 56k and this was very slow. Another problem was the fact that I needed a username to play online! This was very new to me, but I did use the internet before this (AOL...) so, I tried in my first name (clifford) but i shortened it to cliff. Nextly, I added lol to it. But the final problem arose as my fingers where too short to reach lol, and I typed kik. Cliffkik. And it stuck for 6(almost 7) years.

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
  • Steam ID:dloko_net
  • Xbox / GFWL:dloko
I'M CRAZY WOOOYEAH !!

Well no actually its the first letter of my first name followed by the first two letters of my last names. Inspired by Jeniffer Lopez.
My love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER!
Would you like some making fuck, BERSERKER!

1hoax_teh_fan

1hoax_teh_fan
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Gaming &quot;Pure Pwnage&quot;
QUOTE (bman_006)
so......what does verructer mean then?

it means crazy guy.

BaneTheBastard

BaneTheBastard

Best Forum Fad/Game

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • xfire:BaneTheBastard
  • Interests:History, Writing, Poker, Polls, and Gaming.
BaneTheBastard - Character in the novel by David Gemmel, Midnight Falcon

[RA]Z3PHYR

[RA]Z3PHYR
  • Members
  • 2,045 posts
  • xfire:zephyr2004
  • Steam ID:gunjack
Zephyr just sounds/looks cool. Zephyr was a graff artist from NYC so I just took his name. [RA] was my old clan that broke up, I shoudn't of even put that when I originally signed up here but I guess I'm stuck with it but thats fine I can deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users