Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The infancy of Internet television

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

Th4rGos

Th4rGos
  • Members
  • 23 posts
I was here :-]
Great article, great team, great show! keep it up!

<== member 151 !!! and will be fan till I'm dead! pp_smiley10.gif

hot564231

hot564231
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:N.ireland... you know next to that toilet in the UK :P
icon_smile.gif good luck in anything you believe in Kyle, you'll earned it

My inspirational is to be come an UnderWear saleman...

<_<

>_>

Q64

Q64
  • Members
  • 239 posts
the last paragraph is so funny because it'll probably be true some day.

Television is so ghetto.
JPONRYww

L0kithx

L0kithx
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • xfire:L0kithx
I saw that nomination on Wikipedia. As much as I love that website, some of the contributers are snobs. From what I read, the ignorant user that nominated the page said the page was "nothing more than fan cruft". I have a feeling a lot of wikipedia editors don't know much about the topics that they actually edit.

The users over at Wikipedia said new users may not know the terms and shouldn't add their opinions on why the article should be kept, but the ones that vote for deletion don't seem to recognize the fact PP gets a significant amount of viewers. The only "viable" reason they claim is because basically it's an internet show. Honestly I think the method of distribution shouldn't matter when it comes to how notable a peice of media is. If it's drawing in millions of viewers, it's significant.

Anyway Kyle, some people will continue to ignore internet related projects because they feel it's not official enough when in reality it's the best independant medium of distribution.
IPB Image

GaR

GaR
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:GG are Farcry, CS:S, DotA, HOMEWORLD 2 ROFL!!!
marry me kyle i want your millions
I May have been drinking

timalowa

timalowa
  • GA Private
  • 34 posts
  • xfire:timalowa
  • Interests:gaming
  • Gamer Army ID:1958
heh cause of u kyle ive been started a school show... +_+
IPB Image

Cliff

Cliff
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Someone should try to get PP coverage on something like G4TV (G4TV.com U.S. and g4techtv.ca Canada) sometime. It would be doing them a huge favor giving them something worth showing for once. I don't know about the Canadian one but what they show in the U.S. is pretty much just a huge n00bfest.

Check these out if you've never seen it before:
G4 Wikipedia article
G4 Canada Wikipedia article

SirioN

SirioN
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Gaming - History
I'm not a big poster, usually a lurker around these boards, but I felt, after reading your well-written post(Oh so rare these days), that I should show you support!

I loved your show because I'm able to relate to it. These days, the main goal of the shows don't seen to be the captivation of the audience, but more plugs of publicity and also they have alot of violence, vulgarity and subjects you don't want to really have to face or just hear about it.

Pure Pwnage gives a refreshing look, because of it's original concept of following the everyday life of a Pro Gamer(while gaming is taking a huge step into modern life) and not only is this Show Gaming based but Jeremy is put in Real Life situation that everyone has to challenge one day(i.e. all the steps to get Anastasia to be your girlfriend). Compared to Degrassi(Yeah I know it's a lame comparison but the show is pretty damn popular in Canada and the Northern US), I don't think Jeremy will have to face abuse of alcohol, rape, murder, drugs etc.
and I find that awesome, because that's all the shows are about these days. A way of educating the youth? Maybe, but done in an awful way.

Shows like Red VS Blue, Pure Pwnage are very interesting and unique, not only are they made by a few people with a restricted budget but they're also done by pleasure and not only with the will of producing a big bucks series.

Being so close to the community is another subject I would like to mention, you guys are doing an incredible job with this. Not only some members in the group have MySpaces that they updated('cept that darn jeremy hehe) but you guys actually comment these boards and watch over the new E-Trends to incorporate them in your show and in The pwnerer's everyday life.

To conclude, Pure pwnage is a New Gen(hehe) type of show. This Internet Show is, like Kyle said, probably a huge step into the world of Internet Television(if you get my drift). We can only hope we don't get shows that are too heavy even for Internet. I would like to thank the whole PP Crew for giving us something so spectacularily true(in it's own satyrical way) and so well done. Long live to Pure Pwnage

My hats off to you, wait... I don't have a hat icon_sad.gif

-SirioN

P.S. In hope of... PURE PWNAGE THE MOVIE!
All across Canada, pwning some n00bz.

BertL

BertL
  • Members
  • 780 posts
Kyle, you are right.

Ever since I came in touch with Pure Pwnage (and, a Dutch internet thingie similar but MUCH more random), I knew that internet television was to be the future of how we are going to watch television programs. Picking out and downloading what we want to see is easier, cheaper and handier, so why ignore it? I'd say encourage internet television, and let people 'broadcast' their own shows. Something like this is already happening in the form of Podcasts.

There will always be people who oppose this 'new kind of television' (advertisors tend to be very afraid of new ways of advertising, like you said), and I can imagine why. However, some form of internet television is going to be unavoidable. And, PurePwnage will get a LOT of attention and recognition when this new media form will start up and get itself running.
Spread the Love!
POO

^_SestrenPT_^

^_SestrenPT_^
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • xfire:shokatsu
  • Interests:Cats and girls [ Cat Girls 2 :P:P:P ]
Well I have to say that is Show Should be on television in All over the World ^_^ This is Teh Great Show Ever you are doing a great Job ^_^ everyone could do an Extension of the Show Like from where you are and Where you pwn ^_^and stuff ^_^ but I have to say that I never Saw something Like this Before I watch this over and Over again xD =) and Now With the psp eps we can see this anywhere xD but thats ok. And About the Internet Television I think that is good because we can watch good Shows ( yeah because here is portugal a Good Show is Dr.House The Rest Suck >_< ). Ok Keep up the good Work and Good luck in the Future ^_^
IPB Image

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
Good speech.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ω`) ~

hashhockey69

hashhockey69
  • Members
  • 14 posts
This is for Kyle, you know about the show Trailer Park Boys? well that and PP are both my Fav show, and i dont know if you ever watchewd Trailer Park Boys but theirs alot of swearing and stupid ideas. The trailer park boys air on showcase, and im sure that if you guys go their and show all the info about your show you could get it on T.V and start Pwning more n00bs. Like stupid shows like "starved" got onto that you guys own that show bad, so i say u guys should give it a shot and go at showcase,

Thx, HH69

fps_qlar

fps_qlar
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • xfire:qlar
  • Interests:Drinking tea with n00bs
OMGOMGO See that signature Kyle..How many times you can see the word "ball" in there..so mutch money you are going to get.
IPB Image

Kaihato

Kaihato
  • GA Private
  • 487 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1056
Awesome Article icon_smile.gif.

Always like to see the PP Crew sharing their thoughts on x ammount of stuff.

ToMmYgUn

ToMmYgUn
  • GA Private
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming, pure pwnage (lol), digital image/film editing, playing/making music, writing.
  • Gamer Army ID:219
QUOTE (Kaihato @ Mar 29 2006, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome Article icon_smile.gif.

Always like to see the PP Crew sharing their thoughts on x ammount of stuff.

I agree. n1 Kyle. kyle2kl.gif

^_SestrenPT_^

^_SestrenPT_^
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • xfire:shokatsu
  • Interests:Cats and girls [ Cat Girls 2 :P:P:P ]
Its Allways cool read Every1's thoughts of everything it makes us more. . . . .cult.. . i mean 1337s ^_^

btw fps_qlar I love your Sig ^_^ Balls ftw ^_^
IPB Image

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
This was such an wasome blog that I am posting from school to say nice work. I hope we get o hear more stuff lke this from you kyle becuase it put us in your shoes. fpsdoug_ani.gif

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
I hope to see more episodes. Keep up the good work.

Dakz

Dakz
  • GA Private
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:FPS, RTS, MMORPG, Tennis, Snowblading, filming, clubbing<br />I like Billy talent, soulfly, metallica, sepultura.. etc..
  • Gamer Army ID:210
I really enjoyed reading that, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

XMarekOMX

XMarekOMX
  • Members
  • 63 posts
Thanks Kyle for writing this.

It's always a great feeling for a fan such as myself to read or hear about your thoughts and opinions. Jeremy does it a lot in the fan chats, talking about gaming. The ideas that you guys have are truely insightful and make me glad that I found out about Pure Pwnage.

I daresay, I do not post often, but I feel like I have to when something like this comes up. Your show is the best show in existance. Internet or otherwise. There is no question about it, and I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work and dedication you have put into this internet revolution (which is exactly what I think it is).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users