Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The infancy of Internet television

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Andrack @ Jul 24 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool opinion, bro.

It's not opinion it's fact

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Lancer @ Jul 24 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seeing as the last webisode was August 23, 2008 I say...................they left the internet. You can say a banana is an apple but that doesn't make it an apple just like you can say we didn't leave the internet doesn't mean that they are really still gonna support the web show.

There is another webisode in the works so it's hard to say they've entirley %100 quit posting content online. Plus there's the mailbags.. so they're around, just not much.

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jul 25 2010, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is another webisode in the works so it's hard to say they've entirley %100 quit posting content online. Plus there's the mailbags.. so they're around, just not much.

There's been another webisode in the works since August of 2008!! Also if you look at the mailbags you can see it says SHOWCASE so technically that's not part of the web show.

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

anthonyoncoffee

anthonyoncoffee
  • Members
  • 192 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Oct 17 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh how ironic it is that PP is now on TV given this post.
agreed

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
QUOTE (Lancer @ Jul 25 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's been another webisode in the works since August of 2008!! Also if you look at the mailbags you can see it says SHOWCASE so technically that's not part of the web show.

False.

They were on hiatus for awhile after Troy's death, but they're now on the editing stage of the new webisode.

Seriously, if you're going to argue at least get your shit together.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

NuClear-Y

NuClear-Y
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I find a large amount of these recent posts simply, frustrating. The sad passing of Troy, is not the only reason for the Webseries to have halted, Geoff and Jarett have both made forum posts in the past focussing on these issues, Jarett even made a very personal and lengthy response a while back. And this idea of what many of you feel was "a quick buck"....hardly, the web series has been around for years, getting a slot on television after all the hard work is, in my own opinion, a fantastic acheivement for the crew, and something I would of honestly felt the "community" of purepwnage would of been happy to see happen.

Look the crew up on twitter, look out for the interviews they have given (most of which can be found on youtube) they always provide information regarding the situation of the internet side of the show, the new episode is coming, and on top of all of this it's not like you are exactly having to pay for the product they provide, simply try and be a bit more supportive, and when complaining come ot the table with all the information at hand.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,261 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
...and they're STILL providing us with other entertainment for which most of is not costing a penny: Mail Sac, Brotherhood of Leet, comics, convention centre work...I am sure that they are just busy, and are sick to the living shit of coming on here and seeing complete BS being spewed out day in, day in. Cheer the hell up, guys.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (NuClear-Y @ Jul 31 2010, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and on top of all of this it's not like you are exactly having to pay for the product they provide, simply try and be a bit more supportive, and when complaining come ot the table with all the information at hand.

They do live off of the "Pure Pwnage" brand name, however. It's the fans who support that brand financially. So to think of them as a charity is not quite something you can do. They're a business, and we're the consumers -- the business model is just a bit different from more traditional media outlets.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Cool bump, bot.

I can only shake my head after reading this old post and what actually happened.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • Steam ID:cc_lyger
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sgt Kaz
  • PSN:Kazaii
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ May 19 2011, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool bump, bot.

I can only shake my head after reading this old post and what actually happened.

icon_sad.gif
!~Orky's BF~!
%~Original_Sin's Best Friend~%
^~Byak's nemesis~^
*~The only person who thinks CakeCom is good looking~*
$~Jaylew likes me~$
@~Best Wardrobe October 2012~@
)~Greatest King of Jerusalem all years~(

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
*sigh* This thread... it used to be so full of win.

I think this still proves that the show was better off when noone knew Kyle's real name.

NinjaGaijin

NinjaGaijin
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • xfire:sfalastninja
  • Interests:noise
So... is there a new episode coming??

Still loving the webisodes.. didn't really like the way it went to TV.

BUt that's ok it's what can happen. It's REALLY hard to have the sort of freedom say Trailer Park Boys production got away with.

I for one still totally love the web show and hope you guys continue where you left off, ignoring the TV show as a spin off kind of thing.

OR perhaps restyle the entire thing into something new and try to present to TV..

There's so many new stupid games you need to make fun of..
soundcloud.com/ninja-gaijin

sandfire1on1

sandfire1on1
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • xfire:sandfire1on1
  • Xbox / GFWL:sandfire1on1
QUOTE (NinjaGaijin @ Aug 15 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So... is there a new episode coming??

Nothing is impossible in our world, but the answer you need to read right now is: "No."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users