Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recommend me an RTS

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

Sar

Sar
  • GA Private
  • 1,125 posts
  • xfire:sarinc
  • Interests:WC 3 Roc, WC 3 TFT, Counterstrike 1.6, DoD (day of defeat) 1.6, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Chillaxing with my homeboys.
  • Gamer Army ID:314
Get Warcraft 3 RoC, And get Warcraf 3 TfT. Try it and you will get addicted! This is the best rts outhere.

Bain

Bain
  • Members
  • 37 posts
disregard that stupid post.. Get some good RTS like Age of Empires or C&C Generals

Joby

Joby

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • xfire:joby67
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
  • Steam ID:purepwnagejoby
  • Wii:0958641680091840
AOE 3, after watching Glory, I got into that rts big time.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 30 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brb not picking up any woman

A completely unbiased review...

Series

Series
  • Members
  • 287 posts
is AoE any good?

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
I don't like AOE because you need to focus so much on economy. Other than that its cool.

Syn

Syn
  • Members
  • 16 posts
How's empire at war? Is it worth the money?

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
IMO not worth $50. I don't play it anymore.

Kaos Pwnage

Kaos Pwnage
  • Banned
  • 2,252 posts
  • xfire:dontbah8er
  • Interests:Games, PCs, swords, guns and Black Metal.
i'd hav to recommend ZH for sure - best RTS out tehre atm lol! icon_razz.gif
Dylan Klebold - "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

Dan+Gun=Death

Dan+Gun=Death
  • Members
  • 164 posts
Da best rts is dawn of war or generals zero hour. they our pure pwnage and are my fav games. rts games are the best also try age of empires that game is liek cool.
lAg Is PuNiShMenT FoR oUr SinS

El_

El_
  • Members
  • 543 posts
  • xfire:elmario
RTS is the best type of game.

But the best over all RTS is the original Empire Earth.

BFME is probably the most fun RTS to play, though.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (Series @ Apr 23 2006, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious, what are some slower paced RTS games that rock? Rome Total War looks a bit slower paced because it looks more focused on combat then building up units while microing a few guys and stuff. I have C&C the First Decade for all my fast paced needs, but whats good for a game to chill and play? Like a little noob friendly and chilled. I looked at Warhammer 40K and Rome Total War and they both look like they are a bit slower than C&C. Also I want a large online community if possible... I bought an RTS called Blitzkrieg and it had like 3 people online in peak hours.

if by warhammer you mean dawn of war it doesn't seem to be very slow paced, it seems more demanding than starcraft(but then again I'm no pro player).

I think most RTS games are pretty demanding, if you want a break use w/e the rts has for use map settings and don't play so seriously.

Series

Series
  • Members
  • 287 posts
Yeah that's what I meant. I basically just want a fun RTS that's a little different than ZH and has a lot of people playing... I did hear it wasn't as fast but I guess that's wrong.

I'm just gonna go install the demos and take RTW DoW and AoE for a spin.

Gkill™

Gkill™
  • Members
  • 392 posts
  • xfire:gnarkill1337
  • Interests:Gaming - FPS's<br />Grand Theft Auto<br />Web Design<br />Pwning n00bz
Rise of Legends icon_smile.gif
IPB Image

Nearin

Nearin
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • xfire:c4slayer
Warcraft 2+Tides of darkness or SC:BW

Both great games but i'd recommend SC My first Game period was Warcraft Orcs and humans icon_razz.gif

CNN

CNN
  • Members
  • 384 posts
I kinda liked black and white 2.

I just got Age of Empires 3 looks sweet but havent played it yet.
IPB ImageThanks to CrispyDuck411 for teh sig.
Respect List(Alphabetical Order):DougHChrist, Evol262, Komet, KrispyDuck411

Psycadelic111

Psycadelic111
  • Members
  • 661 posts
  • xfire:psycadelic111
QUOTE (CNN @ May 19 2006, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got Age of Empires 3 looks sweet but havent played it yet.

That just about sums it up.

Kristof

Kristof
  • Members
  • 22 posts
Well, I don't know if you could really consider it RTS, but Civilization 4 is an excellent game if you like to win in other ways than just military strength. You can take enemy cities with your cultural boders and a lot depends on how you balance your research, economy and military strenght, It's a simultaneous turn game though, so like I said, not 100% RTS but it's damn good.
IPB Image

Purepwnage, it's a spiritual experience.

heatgap

heatgap
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • xfire:heatgap
  • Interests:fps,rts,rpg..anything else
DOWwa for sure...its an excellent game i own DOW and WA and play them everyday even though it has become pointless...stay away from Stronghold 2 it funkin sucks...starcraft is so old no one really plays it anymore...the RTS community is so lonely right now icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (Psycadelic111 @ May 18 2006, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That just about sums it up.

the thing is MOST of these RTS games are exactly the same...even though some focus on other strategical vantages they all pretty much resemble each other more or less...pick the one that looks the fanciest to you...or pick the one that meets up to you're systems highest standards..otherwise go play an FPS game lol.
IPB Image

Fynn

Fynn
  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • Steam ID:MyCatGotCooked
ok well, I heard dawn of war is pretty good, but I like starcraft the best. IM hoping to buy dawn of war soon Then I can really see which one is better.
Ahh the French...

ein.

ein.
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • xfire:shadowfox152
having played C&C generals then C&C zero hour, then playing AOW. I prefer zerohour for its pace, as in a mass a large army, plus everything just feels very smooth. However i do like AOW realism like having to build a ir traffic controller tower to be able to call in planes, plus it is very detailed however it focuses too much on ground assualt and the indivdual unit, where as a personnal preference i like RTS to involve masses of air warefare. The new C&C game coming 2007 i think, looks to blow everything else out of the water.

search on google for C&C3 trailer
http://www.cnc3forums.com/

by the way these are rendered in game! not in a modeller.

Also i would highly recommend DOW to anyone who enjoys squad based combat once again, i prefere air combat and therefore found the game lacking.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users