Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recommend me an RTS

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

El_

El_
  • Members
  • 543 posts
  • xfire:elmario
Empire Earth is fairly awesome.

PAGE STARTER

Series

Series
  • Members
  • 287 posts
QUOTE (Nemesis.cF- @ Mar 27 2006, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Supreme Commander.

This game is not out yet, but looks amazing and is possibly the most anticipated RTS of all time along with the likes of Starcraft 2 and Red alert 3. Very futuristic and the game is on a scale never seen before where small units cant be carried by medium units, medium carried by large, large by extra large and xtra large by enormous. The scale of the maps in this game is huge. I cannot comment on the gameplay too much since i have not seen footage of gameplay or spoken to anyone who has played it yet. But any fans of Chris Taylor's Total Annihalation should be camping outside their nearist games store for this. Very highly recommended and i suspect it will also be quite noob friendly.

I didn't even hear of this game yet... thanks, it looks awesome!

TeH_sIckNeSs

TeH_sIckNeSs
  • Members
  • 2 posts
im Surprised taht no 1 has mentioned Battle For Middle Earth 2 ...LOTR RTS its amazing...I would recommende it 2 any 1 that likes either lotr or just plan rts...fun game...A.I is very good 1...

Gkill™

Gkill™
  • Members
  • 392 posts
  • xfire:gnarkill1337
  • Interests:Gaming - FPS's<br />Grand Theft Auto<br />Web Design<br />Pwning n00bz
Does C&C The First Decade come with Zero Hour? I'm planning on getting it in a few days.
IPB Image

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
it does, I'll prolly get it in a week(last day I get employee discount where I work icon_razz.gif)

Gkill™

Gkill™
  • Members
  • 392 posts
  • xfire:gnarkill1337
  • Interests:Gaming - FPS's<br />Grand Theft Auto<br />Web Design<br />Pwning n00bz
Could anyone reccomend an RTS better than Zero Hour?
IPB Image

Psycadelic111

Psycadelic111
  • Members
  • 661 posts
  • xfire:psycadelic111
Rise of Legends, out May

Teh_Killerer

Teh_Killerer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • xfire:wishazu
ROME TOTAL WAR FTW TBH!!!

Totalwar

KingOfNerds

KingOfNerds
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:kingofnerds
[font=Impact]
I really liked star wars galactic battlegrounds. Empire Earth is way fun too ( won game of the year ) I also really like Star Wars Empire At War OMG that game is awesome brand new great graphics oh yah. Get it play it. [/size]

Bain

Bain
  • Members
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (lys_sword @ Mar 31 2006, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
age of empires 2 the conquerors very fun rts, even tho its a classic icon_razz.gif I've played for 4yrs online now after 2 yrs of mmo I still come play its so much fun. (hehe b sure to play at max resolution, thats how all pro's play icon_razz.gif)

As jeremy said, it isnt about the graphics, it is about gameplay.. max resolution can cause major lag for online play for slower computers...

Rise of nations is a good game.
AOE3 is pretty good
AOE 1 is still awesome
AOM is ok
http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/glist-ageof.htm
^rts list

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
Resolution does matter, depending on the game. Some games actualy show more of the game on higher resolutions and it is very useful to play on higher resolutions with lower graphics just to see more.

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
CnC III: Tiberian Wars (title in progress)
Logged out...

Series

Series
  • Members
  • 287 posts
I'm curious, what are some slower paced RTS games that rock? Rome Total War looks a bit slower paced because it looks more focused on combat then building up units while microing a few guys and stuff. I have C&C the First Decade for all my fast paced needs, but whats good for a game to chill and play? Like a little noob friendly and chilled. I looked at Warhammer 40K and Rome Total War and they both look like they are a bit slower than C&C. Also I want a large online community if possible... I bought an RTS called Blitzkrieg and it had like 3 people online in peak hours.

Syn

Syn
  • Members
  • 16 posts
I was wondering what are some games that have a good online community? RA2 was my all time favorite RTS, and I just like the feel for that so much more than for WC3, are there any other games that have that sort of feel?

Also I was looking at empire at War, since I'm a huge star wars and RTs fan, but I think it costs a bit much, so compared to some of the cheaper and quality RTS', is it really worth the money?

Bain

Bain
  • Members
  • 37 posts
The AOE series still has a good online community.. and some of the games r liek 10 yrs old

El_

El_
  • Members
  • 543 posts
  • xfire:elmario
I don't know about you, but going online just to pwn a bunch of whiney ten year olds would probably ruin it for me.

TiRune

TiRune
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • xfire:tirune
  • Interests:Gaming, SSBM, CS1.6, WC3, Anime, Japanese
Starcraft of WC3 TFT if you're into serious gaming... if not any RTS like C&C or AoE are awesome, the first are the only ones prestigious to pwn in though icon_razz.gif
To the ignorant which roam this planet...

I pwn n00bs in SSBM

Series

Series
  • Members
  • 287 posts
So... any word on if I should get Warhammer 40K + Expansion or Rome Total War + Expansion? Could someone who played both give me a comparison or something?

PieGuy

PieGuy
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • xfire:p1e
  • Interests:Music, Sports, Video Games
  • Steam ID:stylez123
  • Xbox / GFWL:StyleZDB
  • Wii:4932357904646023
My fave:

Total Annihilation - Great game. Loved by all that has played it. Check the reviews. icon_wink.gif Kinda of old but one of the best rts's out there. How can you not have said this. It's arguable one of the best rts's ever. It's really fun and i've spent day on end playing this.

Others:

Rise of Nations - this was great fun too loved it.
Age of Empires 1 - Bah what can i say i love old rts games they rule.

^ CLICK ^

Chloroform

Chloroform
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • xfire:chloroform1
  • Interests:Gaming
i say liek . u cant go wrong with a lil starcraft u know. giv it a try. its a really good rts, a 'classic'. pp_smiley11.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)