Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recommend me an RTS

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
Hey, sorry for the double post.

I have a Netbook (shit specs) for school, need some old school (Or new school) 2D RTSes to put on it. ATM I have Starcraft, Total Annihilation, and Tiberian Sun.

Edited by Hellswarm, 14 September 2009 - 07:01 PM.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
You can get RA and Tiberian Dawn off the ea website (I think they still host it) for free. You could try them.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

covenator

covenator
  • GA Private
  • 51 posts
  • xfire:zephyrfalcon
  • Steam ID:james_coventry
  • Xbox / GFWL:COVENAT0R
  • PSN:Covenator
  • Gamer Army ID:4720
  • Company:Bravo
Since you are starting early into the RTS world, I suggest first picking up a copy of Command and Conquer: Last Decade, all original 12 command and conquer games (including expansions) to start at the basic building blocks with C&C1 and continue to build all the way to C&C:G:ZH. At $40 its a STEAL! Having all original copies, still got it because of all the games on 1 DVD, super convienient!

Second, I would pick up a copy of either Dawn of War Platnium (Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade), Company of Heros, or Command and Conquer 3. Building up the way new RTS are (way easier then old RTS, you'll see if you are playing the older C&Cs).

Third, I don't suggest, I DEMAND YOU (lawl) to get a copy of Starcraft. One of the most simple and challanging RTS games out there, if you can pwn at starcraft, then you are good to go for all other RTS.

Hope this helps.

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
QUOTE (covenator @ Sep 14 2009, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since you are starting early into the RTS world, I suggest first picking up a copy of Command and Conquer: Last Decade, all original 12 command and conquer games (including expansions) to start at the basic building blocks with C&C1 and continue to build all the way to C&C:G:ZH. At $40 its a STEAL! Having all original copies, still got it because of all the games on 1 DVD, super convienient!

Second, I would pick up a copy of either Dawn of War Platnium (Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade), Company of Heros, or Command and Conquer 3. Building up the way new RTS are (way easier then old RTS, you'll see if you are playing the older C&Cs).

Third, I don't suggest, I DEMAND YOU (lawl) to get a copy of Starcraft. One of the most simple and challanging RTS games out there, if you can pwn at starcraft, then you are good to go for all other RTS.

Hope this helps.

Erm ... I didn't say I was new to the RTS world. On the other end of the spectrum, actually. I wrote some of the ZH guides for PP, too.

But yeah, some more on my request would be nice, ty rugmonkey.

Edited by Hellswarm, 14 September 2009 - 06:56 PM.

H0len

H0len
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:h0len
  • Xbox / GFWL:dont have one
  • PSN:buying one soon :D
  • Wii:dnno
warcraft 3 the frozen throne is a fun classic game for all ages

.Devil

.Devil
  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • xfire:devilns
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, programming, networking
  • Steam ID:nsdevil
Which should I buy if I'm brand new to rts?

RA3 or Kanes wrath + tw

I'm probably going to get cnc4 when it comes out, so I want to learn the structures and stuff.
Add me on steam or msn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users