Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XBox 360 Games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Rusty*

Rusty*
  • Members
  • 199 posts
So, I bought my XBox 360 at Tigerdirect.com on Wednesday and it was shipped Thursday and it has a scheduled arrive time on Monday the 27th.

The question is, what games are good for the 360? I am planning on buying GRAW and Oblivion. Are there anyother games out ther that are great to show the power of the 360? Perfect Dark any good? Are there any sports games such as NHL 2006 or Madden 2006 that are decent?

Which games do you guys have that own it?
EQ 4 life
IPB Image

whatthe

whatthe
  • Members
  • 244 posts
I bought PGR3 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, i'm also planning to get Burnout Revenge, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Ridge Racer 6.
IPB Image
DAMN THOSE WHITE BARBARIANS!!!

Raykak

Raykak
  • Banned
  • 120 posts
  • xfire:lordray
  • Interests:Guitar, Starcraft, Counter-Strike, and Battlefield 2142
  • Xbox / GFWL:RJK Warrior
  • Wii:Lol?
Dont get the sports games. If you have the money get Perfect Dark, its awesome. Also I would get DOA4 and maybe PGR3.

Cactusblah

Cactusblah
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:owning
Xbox 360 doesn't have any good gamesand is a waste of money imo, but since you did get one then get oblivion. Unless you have a good PC, get it for that.
1160 Metroid Prime Hunters
3175 Cactusblah

Piratey

Piratey
  • GA Private
  • 163 posts
  • xfire:Piratey
  • Interests:Gears of War
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sigmal
  • Wii:4743977283538789
  • Gamer Army ID:585
Okay, here goes. Oblivion and GRAW are a great choice to start with. Stay away from pdz, the single player sucks, and the multiplayer is a lot like halo 2, in fact, I would say aspects of the graphics are even worse than Halo, namely the models and shadows. I suggest Kameo and Condemned for single player, however both are very short. Best get them used if you can. DOA is great fun...Hmm, what else. Geometry wars goes without saying...Call of Duty is good, but not as good as GRAW. I liked the fight night demo. You should try the demo and maybe get the game. I like the Outfit, but most other people don't. Again, you should try the demo before you buy it.

Enjoy icon_smile.gif
-SOL

spank monkey

spank monkey
  • Members
  • 25 posts
i have GRAW and its top class game, im getting oblivion on wednesday as it looks a top class game and i have completed pdz and it is also a top game just not as good as the previous games i mentioned

Achil

Achil
  • Members
  • 734 posts
Quake 4 definately, that's an excellent game. Played it on PC and Xbox 360

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
The ones I'd say you more definately should get are GRAW or BF2:MC depending on ur taste, and Oblivion... other than that I'd say try gamefly... so far it has been definately worth the money... it's saved me about $200 on games I probably would have bought, and it's great for single player games that you can play and send back after you beat them... but yea mos-def get oblivion... if ur not sure about PC or 360 version check out this: Oblivion it has screenshot comparisons alittle bit through it and a full review of most other aspects of the game...

Oblivion is the only single player game I'd actually BUY... otherwise rent
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts
I'd buy Oblivion or GRAW. Stay away from BF2, it sucks. There's no change, other than graphics. CoD 2 is also worth a try, and I've heard many good things from Far Cry Instincts : Predator.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Peacemaker @ Apr 15 2006, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd buy Oblivion or GRAW. Stay away from BF2, it sucks. There's no change, other than graphics. CoD 2 is also worth a try, and I've heard many good things from Far Cry Instincts : Predator.

well just cuz there's no change in the game doesn't mean it's a bad game... I've only played the demo, and it was pretty fun but the games are kind of different in their playstyles... some might like it over GRAW... but yea... that's where gamefly comes in handy lol
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

teh_powerer

teh_powerer
  • Members
  • 4 posts
GRAW, CoD 2 or Fight Night Round 3

Dont Buy DOA4, its really not that good of a game, the graphics however are leet icon_razz.gif

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
Condemned: Criminal Origins hands down, i have no reason to get the 360 for that game anymore, its out for pc at amazon for 40 bucks (20 bucks cheaper than 360)

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:gesi1223
  • Xbox / GFWL:Musashi2004
  • Wii:6880696971734726
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Apr 16 2006, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Condemned: Criminal Origins hands down, i have no reason to get the 360 for that game anymore, its out for pc at amazon for 40 bucks (20 bucks cheaper than 360)

I heard it was a bit linear, it looks good, but it didn't seem to have much to offer. pp_smiley1.gif

Comet

Comet
  • Members
  • 393 posts
  • xfire:cptcomet
  • Interests:I don't play games quite so much anymore, the occasional go on CSS. I love music, I play guitar and i'm learning piano.<br /><br />Huge fan of Muse.<br /><br />I work and go to college.
DOA4 is a good game, i played it round my mates and at Game.

I heard perfect dark is good too.
Founder of The Keep Kyle Hidden Club

Rusty*

Rusty*
  • Members
  • 199 posts
Well, I got my 360 and I bought Oblivion, GRAW, and MLB 2K6.

Oblivon is just unbelievable, not just one of the best 360 games, but the best game across all consols and the PC at the moment. GRAW is also amazing, I play this game nonstop with my friends online, so much fun. MLB 2K6, I know not alot of peole willg et this game, but I love baseball and I play it alot single player and multi-player.

Basically, I love the 360. To stream music from my computer and pictures is just awesme, and customizing the look of it is pretty cool. I love the marketplace, download demos of games and trailers to games or movies, good stuff.
EQ 4 life
IPB Image

OSDB

OSDB
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:SC, CivIV, Guitars, Music.
Heh, In my opinion, the worst thing about the 360 is that there were no good launch games whatsoever.
The only game that seems any good is the new Ghost Recon, other than that, it seems loaded down with sports games and other random crap.
I know they plan to release Halo 3 on the day the PS3 is out, but I don't think that was worth the sub-par release of 360.
Oblivion just came out for it, but the PC version pwns it more.
Live for the swarm!
IPB Image

Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 15 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well just cuz there's no change in the game doesn't mean it's a bad game... I've only played the demo, and it was pretty fun but the games are kind of different in their playstyles... some might like it over GRAW... but yea... that's where gamefly comes in handy lol

Er, yeah it does IMO. That's why so many sequels suck, it's the exact same game and BF2: MC is a perfect example.

QUOTE (OSDB @ Apr 16 2006, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know they plan to release Halo 3 on the day the PS3 is out,

Nuh-uh.

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
dont get PDZ! it's the worse game ever! plz, save yourself from the torture! get cod2 instead! 15 times better!
IPB Image

Gamer_eel

Gamer_eel
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • xfire:gamer_eel
  • Interests:Vidz, Nintendo and PC are my gaming systens of choice.
I found Perfect Dark 0 great for single player but it's multiplayer is pretty suck compared to what else is out the in the FPS multiplayer market.

Hazey-m

Hazey-m
  • Members
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (T w i Z t i D @ Apr 16 2006, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its for people that havent seen it, or dont believe thinking that screenshots are photoshopped

I was thinking about gettin a 360 just for a few games... condemned was one of them...
but since its out on the PC, and I can play everything on Max, no need to get 360 atm...
for realism, get condemned, Hitting people with Pipes.... It just looks to real... makes me want
to get rude icon_neutral.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users