Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Linksys Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Interests:The obvious
Ok I recently had to Reformat my computer and in order to use the internet I NEED the linksys installer disc.
But I have seemed to lose it. Can I get it somewhere or do I have to pay for the CD?
IPB Image

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
Huh? What's your router's model #? You should just pick up a new IP address from it, unless you also reset the router's firmware.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
No that's not what I mean.

Whenever I have to reinstall windows I have to also have to put the disc in and reinstall the software for the linksys hardware in my computer.
IPB Image

SpeakerSilenced

SpeakerSilenced
  • Members
  • 708 posts
Are you talking wireless or wired connection? It sounds like you arent looking for the router cd more like the linksys ethernet drivers. Just go on their website and look for ethernet card drivers.

evol262

evol262

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
The problem is getting the drivers from their website with no internet... You'll need to know the model #, but you can snag the drivers from Driverguide if it's Ethernet, and from their website if it's wireless.

Are you running Win98/ME?
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

SpeakerSilenced

SpeakerSilenced
  • Members
  • 708 posts
He can just use another computer to snatch them and then transfer them... He can obviously post icon_smile.gif

evol262

evol262

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
Yeah, from another computer. Transferring would have to be done via CD, floppy, or flash drive.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
*sigh* I'm sorry if i'm being confusing which I am.

Right now I am using my Dad's computer which has the router and what not.

What I need is the CD for wifi connection I think.
I need this disc in order to get my internet up and going.

I dont need drivers.

Windows XP
IPB Image

evol262

evol262

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
Does XP detect the device? If so, what are you missing? There's nothing particularly magical about it... At most, it'd require you connecting to the network and entering the key.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
Ok here heres an example of what im trying to say.

Lets say you get a new motherboard k.

You get a disc along with it k.

You install the things on the disc so the motherboard works right.

Bascilly what im saying is that I need the disc for the motherboard but I dont have the disc.

Can I download it from the site and put it on a disc then put it on my comp or am I screwed.
IPB Image

evol262

evol262

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
You say you don't need drivers. This sounds suspiciously like drivers. Yes, you can download them and put them on a CD. If there's no installer, go to the device manager and point the Add Driver Wizard at the proper .INF file you put on the CD.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

SpeakerSilenced

SpeakerSilenced
  • Members
  • 708 posts
Ok... I think he is talking about the built in ethernet ports on the mobo. In that case, yes it would be dificult but not impossible to find specially if you dont remember what company they were from. Most likely if they are built in ethernet ports on the mobo they are NOT from linksys.

Infact I know mine require some port driver from maxwell to use both (but not one). What mobo do you have?

Yes you do need drivers, you obviously do not understand.

The CD that the router comes with usually does not do anything to your computer in fact it sets up a connection to the router and edits the router that way.

If your dad's computer works perfectly fine then its not a router issue, its obviously your computer, so that leads to two things. Drivers or Hardware problems, I doubt it is hardware from what you have described so therefore IT IS drivers.

We are infering that when you say Linksys drivers they are about the router or their ethernet card, in this case they are not. So therefore linksys has nothing to do with it, its your mobo.

Now if you dont have the disk for the motherboard, which is bad you are missing a lot more than your network drivers. So its probably best to contact your motherboard maker.

So at this point go to your mobo makers site and try to find ethernet drivers. If you cant, google your mobo and ethernet, if you cant find them still. You're out of luck.

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
/sigh

I have my motherboard disc as well as my grahpics card disc.
I just got done installing noth my motherboard and grapics drivers...

What I need is to install my linksys wireless drivers, which what I have been trying to say are on a disc I dont have. Is there any other way to get the drivers without the disc?

I completely understand if I am confusing you both evol262 and SpeakerSlienced.
IPB Image

SpeakerSilenced

SpeakerSilenced
  • Members
  • 708 posts
QUOTE (Mis_Led_Madman @ Mar 17 2006, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bascilly what im saying is that I need the disc for the motherboard but I dont have the disc.

Can you stick to one story?

Now if its linksys wireless drivers then yes you can download them from linksys.

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
Yeah I did that thanks for all the help.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users