Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PS3 Release Date Announced

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Bayne

Bayne
  • Members
  • 408 posts
Sony have announced a Worldwide simultaneous release date of the PS3 to be November of this year. The delay from the original target date (March/April) is due to the devlopment of the Blue Ray drive being behind schedule.

Well what can I say, i'm glad there's a definite date finally and the fact sony have matched MS with the worldwide release is awesome. The delay is a bit annoying but some people were saying it wouldn't be here until June 2007 for Japan and not until 2008 for Europe so i'm glad it's this year. 8 months to go! And what's more it ties in perfectly for my christmas present icon_biggrin.gif
IPB Image

AndrAIa

AndrAIa
  • GA Private
  • 730 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3380
Good, good. Of course, the only thing I use my PS2 for is RPGs but, I'd like to play that possible FF7 remake. icon_biggrin.gif

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
What's your source? I have heard nothing about this

danhimself

danhimself
  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • xfire:danhimself86
  • Interests:pwning.
whos to say they wont push it back again another 8months and the another..
IPB ImageIPB Image

Techx

Techx
  • Members
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (Bayne @ Mar 15 2006, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sony have announced a Worldwide simultaneous release date of the PS3 to be November of this year.
w00tage! I hope it comes out on the 27th - my birthday!
I've read about delays Sony had with the PS3 but I couldn't find even an approximate release date.

NukaCola

NukaCola
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:mogster
  • Interests:Gaming (NES, SNES, GBA, N64, PS1, PS2, PC, Gamecube, Wii), Drumming, Music (Heavy Metal), Reading.
  • Wii:2980288691916431
In my opinion Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the only reason for me to get a PS3. I'm keeping my money for the Revolution. It'll be the cheapest one, anyway.
IPB Image
^ Add 22 hours to Oblivion.

Joobsauce

Joobsauce
  • Members
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:My dad blew up the engine in his 1971 camaro, so he's putting a 540ci big block into it making over 700hp.<br /><br />And my 1986 Monte Carlo SS is sitting in pieces in my garage, it's too damn cold to work on it!!! Awaiting a rebuilt 454ci big block for 2010!
Gotta fire up the 'ol lawn tractor and cut some grass! PS3 Here I come!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
QUOTE (Joobsauce @ Mar 15 2006, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta fire up the 'ol lawn tractor and cut some grass! PS3 Here I come!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

lolz you cut grass for money sweat.gif

ResidentFear

ResidentFear
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:punker32
  • Interests:pwning newbs in DoDs and Cs1.6
QUOTE (hackerwacker @ Mar 15 2006, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's your source? I have heard nothing about this

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145972.html

i think it will be pushed back further. and i am not buying it anyway, who wants to spend $1300 (CA) on a gaming system that will blow hard anyway :|
IPB Image

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
Yeah, I already heard about this. Damn I want to play MGS4, DMC4, GT5, RE5 and FFVII. Man can't w8 for those games. Especially MGS4 icon_biggrin.gif The trailer was freakin' awesome.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
I'll probably wait a year or so before buying a PS3 anyway. Developers never truly get a grasp on making great games and getting the best out of the new system until well after it's launch. Not to mention the price goes down dramatically as well.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
  • xfire:keithdchatt
  • Interests:Gaming, Weed, Movies, Friends, Parties, Girls, Alcohol, Hockey
  • Xbox / GFWL:keithdchatt
  • PSN:Want one!
  • Wii:Want one!
QUOTE (ResidentFear @ Mar 16 2006, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145972.html

i think it will be pushed back further. and i am not buying it anyway, who wants to spend $1300 (CA) on a gaming system that will blow hard anyway :|

LMAO who says its going to be 1300 CA??

DeadPenguin

DeadPenguin
  • Members
  • 112 posts
1300? LOL who said that? and WHERE the hell did they get that info?

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
  • xfire:keithdchatt
  • Interests:Gaming, Weed, Movies, Friends, Parties, Girls, Alcohol, Hockey
  • Xbox / GFWL:keithdchatt
  • PSN:Want one!
  • Wii:Want one!
ahaha yeah i dont think its going to be more than a computer icon_rolleyes.gif

NukaCola

NukaCola
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:mogster
  • Interests:Gaming (NES, SNES, GBA, N64, PS1, PS2, PC, Gamecube, Wii), Drumming, Music (Heavy Metal), Reading.
  • Wii:2980288691916431
QUOTE (MegamanXLanDarkZero @ Mar 16 2006, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I already heard about this. Damn I want to play MGS4, DMC4, GT5, RE5 and FFVII. Man can't w8 for those games. Especially MGS4 icon_biggrin.gif The trailer was freakin' awesome.

FF7 is not being remade. That was only a tech-demo to show off the PS3. And I hope it'll stay as a tech-demo.
IPB Image
^ Add 22 hours to Oblivion.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
QUOTE (NukaCola @ Mar 18 2006, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FF7 is not being remade. That was only a tech-demo to show off the PS3. And I hope it'll stay as a tech-demo.

Square Enix wasn't clear about the fact that they would remake FFVII, they say they might.

From GameSpot:

However, when pressed, the reps also noted that further plans for content based on FFVII haven't been set, per se. They affirmed that the resulting reaction from fans over the demo footage and the content related to FFVII shown at the party has been overwhelmingly positive. As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo, and the very notion of a FFVII remake is certainly something Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.

Does this mean it's on? Probably not at this exact moment, but at this point, we're willing to bet it's not a matter of if an FFVII remake will happen, but when.

So it's still possible...

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
First off, I wouldn't be so happy till there is a release DATE not a release month... a release month usually means 2-3 months after said month... with that in mind... a worldwide release is not a good thing... at least if you want yours anytime soon... release date and the date you recieve it are completely different...

and second, after reading the article on the ps3 it sounds like they are pretty much making a PC... not a console with PC power... a PC... wtf is that?
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Mar 18 2006, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off, I wouldn't be so happy till there is a release DATE not a release month... a release month usually means 2-3 months after said month... with that in mind... a worldwide release is not a good thing... at least if you want yours anytime soon... release date and the date you recieve it are completely different...

and second, after reading the article on the ps3 it sounds like they are pretty much making a PC... not a console with PC power... a PC... wtf is that?

Well, November is pretty much the Release Date of the PS3 because Sony earlier said it would be released in March/April and now they've delayed it (if they're delaying it again, I'm gonna be pissed). And does it surprise you it's going to be like a PC ?? All the possibilities like with the PSP and such ; don't forget that they're also gonna let you experience some multimedia functions.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if November 11 turns into either just the Japanese or North American launch date, and other regions end up getting it later, in spite of the world wide launch they've announced.
IPB Image

ProLegend

ProLegend
  • Members
  • 66 posts
lol $1300 for a ps3...HAHA

like if it was that price it must be like uber ownage

but like yeah I hope it doesnt get delayed again -.-
"It is not about the size of the fighter, but the size of the fight he will bring" - Low Ki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users