Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Micro in WC3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Killersnok

Killersnok
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:jamu
I have been playing WC3 for a couple of years, not too seriously for a while. But lately i've been trying to get good at ladder games, I know my stuff. However, I'm not quite sure how I can micro good. Is there some specific way I can keybind stuff or an add on? I really don't know where to start, but if anyone has any ideas on how I can start actually using micro rather than just clicking on everything, it would help. Thanks

Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • xfire:owndizzler
Micro-ing is all about unit movement and using the specials. Move your guys around to change their targets. And kill their backfield reinforcements with air units.

Droxx

Droxx
  • Members
  • 262 posts
its about using your units what they are meant for without losing casualties to keep you on the edge of battle wearing out your opponent and finally kciking his ass icon_razz.gif although massing does have its ups...

do you play frozen throne as well or just reg wc3?

------------------------------------------
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination
------------------------------------------

Killersnok

Killersnok
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:jamu
QUOTE (Droxx @ Mar 14 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its about using your units what they are meant for without losing casualties to keep you on the edge of battle wearing out your opponent and finally kciking his ass icon_razz.gif although massing does have its ups...

do you play frozen throne as well or just reg wc3?

I play Frozen Throne, My main race has been Night Elf for the most part.

anothergamer

anothergamer
  • Members
  • 105 posts
learn the power of attk move

Jackcolt

Jackcolt
  • Members
  • 162 posts
There is no attack move.

You must understand how to dance and focus mainly. You're an NE so flanking won't be so important to you. You must also learn to use the hotkey... you can find different editors on the internet. I prefer the original setup because I know it.

But: Focus fire on the right target, try to calculate DPS so you get maximum dmg dealt, and dance with units that has low hp. Hold down ALT to see hp on all units.
Wc3x and SCBW are the most skilled games available. They require equal amount of skill in my eyes.

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
Throw a rep down?

IllSkillz.MadDingo

IllSkillz.MadDingo
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lunatic Dreams
  • Wii:2192355466653304
ff the same unit, 20 red units still do the same dmg, so they need to be killed=P

send hurt units home if its possible, have the ne shop rod to send important units back to base and save em. learn counters, learn to scout, learn to surround, learn to use wisps as more than just rez gathers..for ne watch replays of spirit moon.
IPB Image

Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • xfire:owndizzler
You can post a wisp to a tree for scouting purppses. People usually don't notice wisps.

Xzero

Xzero
  • Members
  • 160 posts
night elfs have quick units..use that in your advantage...go right for the huntress..dont let any1 die, and rush against every race except orcs.

Select Hero1+all your huntress = Control+1

hero2 = COntrol 2

magic units= control 3

and so on...just mix'em up till you get comftable.
PP fan.

Prelude

Prelude
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • xfire:snoopsnipe
  • Interests:stuff. yezzur like 1deaging bitches back to 1.3 daily. skinning from 1-350 in 6 hours. it gets better, aussies are cute.
i play NE too, usualy i'll group up the units based on attack.
IE: Hero (ctrl+1) Air (ctrl+2) etc etc
hai.

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
lol to get ur opponent a little shook up with the microing. do liek blizzard or attack of teh sort and attack grouped units. This will give u a precious 3 secs to do something that can shange the odds on the count the the opponent will be scurrying his troops away from the danger.

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
in all rts there is a very important thing, allways do what your opponent doesn't expect...

A7x-Sinned

A7x-Sinned
  • Members
  • 120 posts
night elf is hard to micro cause some of their units are unarmoured, just move the units being attacked back and make the enemy attack other units, then heal or bring your units back into the fight.
"And i never need to see the sun again, there's enough of that in your eyes, to light up our little world"

Prelude

Prelude
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:stuff. yezzur like 1deaging bitches back to 1.3 daily. skinning from 1-350 in 6 hours. it gets better, aussies are cute.
jeesus christ some1 called the noob school bus or somethin cuz like for #1, dont ever try to type like jeremy, #2, night elf are #2 best race to micro, #3 dont post here if ur noob...
ur givin him bad stuff lolz
hai.

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
kmdsfnsfdnjgb I want to have a match with you some day, you're from Norway (too =D) and you seem pretty damn good to me =)
Logged out...

Jackcolt

Jackcolt
  • Members
  • 162 posts
QUOTE (A7x-Sinned @ Mar 17 2006, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
night elf is hard to micro cause some of their units are unarmoured, just move the units being attacked back and make the enemy attack other units, then heal or bring your units back into the fight.

Sorry but that's wrong. Being unnarmoured means you just take xtra dmg from piercing and siege, while taking less from magic. Nelfs has a bunch of range units. Being NE is imo the easiest team to be, because you virtually don't need to learn the most difficult area of micro, flanking. Perfecting dancing and focus firing isn't as hard, as flanking units(meaning to capture) them with melee units. If you see nelf melee units, it's about never the main part of the force. Like dryads and bears. Archers MG. Dryads mg and so on...
Wc3x and SCBW are the most skilled games available. They require equal amount of skill in my eyes.

anothergamer

anothergamer
  • Members
  • 105 posts
how abt bears in ne mirror?not the main part of army?

Prelude

Prelude
  • Members
  • 68 posts
ty jackcolt for waking the noobs up
hai.

Headcrab

Headcrab
  • Members
  • 810 posts
  • xfire:Headcrabs
  • Interests:cs, music
wave your hands around in the air like an idiot then make a online film series about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users