Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SC:ghost

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

DOC DRE

DOC DRE
  • Members
  • 505 posts
  • xfire:tehdocdre
  • Xbox / GFWL:tehdocdre
Like, I need to now wtf is happening to the damn game. I've been waiting since 2002!!!! Did they cancel it? wtf... icon_cry.gif

NukaCola

NukaCola
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:mogster
  • Interests:Gaming (NES, SNES, GBA, N64, PS1, PS2, PC, Gamecube, Wii), Drumming, Music (Heavy Metal), Reading.
  • Wii:2980288691916431
Nope, actually it's been updated with new screens. It'll have an online mode where you can play as Terran, Zerg, or Protoss, and you'll be able to move in first person.
IPB Image
^ Add 22 hours to Oblivion.

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
yup go to google video and search starcraft ghost they got gameplay footage, i hope it comes out for 360 xD
IPB Image

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
GO TO THE OFFICIAL BLIZZARD SITE. THE GAME HAS BEEN CANCELED.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Feb 27 2006, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GO TO THE OFFICIAL BLIZZARD SITE. THE GAME HAS BEEN CANCELED.

really?
IPB Image

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Interests:The obvious

IPB Image

creepyplaidman

creepyplaidman
  • Members
  • 379 posts
It reminds me of a mix of Perfect Dark Zero and Halo, so it better be on 360 icon_cool.gif . But since it reminds of PDZ it'll probably come out on xbox 720
IPB Image

CapoeiraBaron

CapoeiraBaron
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming, Martial Arts (Capoeira!), Music (Guitar, Berimbau, Ocarina), Camping, a bit of Anime, Writing
Two types of games worry me; games that are heavily advertised and games that are in development for ages and ages.

I just hope Blizzard ensures that this game (if it does come out) ends up being as balanced and finely tuned as the other games they've released.

LOL, it'd be funny if Blizzard just ended up releasing a free online feature that enable play over Battle Net instead of XboxLive. Unlikely, but funny lol
It'd be like Battle Net, minus the large crowd of people in "sex111" channels pretending to be women lol.
My Rants
My Blog
DS ftw!
Metroid= Most l337 franchise ever
Capoeira & Video Games are all one needs
"The procrastinate genius is no more than a determined fool"
-Kyle Baron

Locke2007

Locke2007
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts
  • xfire:Locke2007
  • Interests:Computer Games, Roleplaying, Anime, Hong Kong Cinema, Wargaming (Warhammer Fantasy / Warhammer 40k), Reading (Fantasy &amp; Sci Fi Novels)
Ghost looks and sounds great, but i cant help thinking that its just going to be a hybrid of C&C: Renegade (takes RTS into FPS) and Halo (Ghost even has a vehicle that is near identical to the warthog)

Blizzard make top notch games (played all thier games even old and obscure titles like Blackthorn on the SNES) so I am sure that this should be great even though we have been waiting nearly 4 years icon_eek.gif
IPB Image

[00:19] hawkpwwnsyou: When theres no-one to turn to you always have Jesus.
[00:19] Locke2007 {SoS}: Theres Always Jack Daniels

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (Locke2007 @ Mar 8 2006, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ghost looks and sounds great, but i cant help thinking that its just going to be a hybrid of C&C: Renegade (takes RTS into FPS) and Halo (Ghost even has a vehicle that is near identical to the warthog)

Blizzard make top notch games (played all thier games even old and obscure titles like Blackthorn on the SNES) so I am sure that this should be great even though we have been waiting nearly 4 years icon_eek.gif

thats what i was thinking that it will be like renegade(i liked it btw but not the best) and it wont have much new to offer its been in developement for like 10 FREGGIN YEARS
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
". At the BlizzCon conference in 2007, StarCraft series creator Chris Metzen hinted that elements of Ghost's story may appear in the upcoming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The game's protagonist, Nova, shows up in one campaign mission in which players are either given the option to side with her or fight against her forces." -wikipedia
For you SC2 players that finished single player campaign, is this true?

Now with interest in SC coming to new players, I think this would be a great time for blizzard to get working on this game again.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Raise

Raise
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • xfire:Outragoushaloms
  • Interests:Games, cars, sports
  • Steam ID:Ravernous
  • Xbox / GFWL:TehRaise
  • PSN:hell no
  • Wii:dont have one
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 4 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
". At the BlizzCon conference in 2007, StarCraft series creator Chris Metzen hinted that elements of Ghost's story may appear in the upcoming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The game's protagonist, Nova, shows up in one campaign mission in which players are either given the option to side with her or fight against her forces." -wikipedia

Now with interest in SC coming to new players, I think this would be a great time for blizzard to get working on this game again.

Yes, its true, way to necro a 4 year old thread

Fuck bitches, acquire currency, be badass

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 4 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seriously? They only have 2 more expansions of sc2 and diablo 3 to still release, but sure lets just throw in another game
Come at me bro

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Raise @ Nov 5 2010, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, its true, way to necro a 4 year old thread

Um, this is one of the best necro's I've seen in a long time.

Also, it's very possible they'll develop some generic Starcraft FPS every year, now that Kotick is in charge.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Nov 5 2010, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, it's very possible they'll develop some generic Starcraft FPS every year, now that Kotick is in charge.

if only there was some sort of elite/mysterious fighting force the plot could focus on

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Bl!ndf!re @ Nov 5 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if only there was some sort of elite/mysterious fighting force the plot could focus on

Xel Naga start another 'zerg-like' experiment on a set of ring planets. It up to one generic space marine to tackle the problem.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 4 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope nope nope. Chris Metzen said they will NOT be bringing Ghost back because the game was such a huge fail. Don't expect them to do this, especially when they think that the SC2 map editor is good enough that they won't need to make anything other then the expansions for a long time.

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 05 November 2010 - 01:31 PM.

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
I'm sure someone is gonna do a mod of this using the sc2 editor. Theres probably so many starcraft tps being made by modders
Come at me bro

CartooN

CartooN
  • Members
  • 134 posts
Blizzard have their own standards policy. It means that unless a game reaches a certain quality they wont release it. This means they keep trying to improve it or scrap it all together.

Ghost was the latter.

Its leading character, nova, was in SC2 though.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (CartooN @ Nov 5 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blizzard have their own standards policy. It means that unless a game reaches a certain quality they wont release it. This means they keep trying to improve it or scrap it all together.

Ghost was the latter.

Its leading character, nova, was in SC2 though.

And she was a cunt and I'm glad I sided with Tosh during that mission.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users