Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EPISODE 4 - Pwn or be Pwned

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (376 member(s) have cast votes)

1. 5 (best) (244 votes [64.89%])

Percentage of vote: 64.89%

2. 4 (78 votes [20.74%])

Percentage of vote: 20.74%

3. 3 (40 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

4. 2 (6 votes [1.60%])

Percentage of vote: 1.60%

5. 1 (worst) (8 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Rug.

Rug.
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I decided I'd go ahead and make a forum account, been a fan since the very FIRST episode. Been lurking ever since.

Figured I might give this Easter Egg a shot. I have no idea if this has been posted / said already so I'm just going to go out on a limb.

- When Jeremy is walking to see teh_masterer he walks by some people playing tennis and says "I toally PAWN that game..." instead of saying OWN. In later episodes everyone remembers the email from the kid who talks about him and his friends pronouncing "pwn" as "pone" and Jeremy always saying "own". Obviously, that kid was a fag.

Not sure if this is it, but it is definitely something I noticed THE DAY the episode aired. Figured someone would have caught it by now, and it wouldn't surprise me if someone already has icon_biggrin.gif.

Thanks for all the awesome memories, Rug out.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
That would be a strange easter egg.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Rug. @ Jun 16 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- When Jeremy is walking to see teh_masterer he walks by some people playing tennis and says "I toally PAWN that game..." instead of saying OWN.

Jeremy actually says "tolly like, pong, you know; like tolly owned that game when I was like two or something"

icon_smile.gif

One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Rug.

Rug.
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Jun 16 2011, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeremy actually says "tolly like, pong, you know; like tolly owned that game when I was like two or something"

icon_smile.gif

HE definitely says PAWN. I knew I didn't get the quote exactly correct, but the easter egg being he gives that kid shit for saying PONE when he ended up saying the other phonetic version of "pwn" in an earlier episode.

Edited by Rug., 16 June 2011 - 02:53 AM.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Rug. @ Jun 16 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HE definitely says PAWN. I knew I didn't get the quote exactly correct, but the easter egg being he gives that kid shit for saying PONE when he ended up saying the other phonetic version of "pwn" in an earlier episode.

I know the episode you were referring to. And this one icon_wink.gif

If you rewatch, he's talking about the game of tennis being like "pong" - referencing the old arcade game - and actually gestures to the tennis players before Kyle zooms in.
It's such an old arcade game (one of the first) Jeremy is trying to say he's so pro, that he 'owned' it when he was 2.

It wouldn't make sense to say "tolly like, pawn, you know; like tolly owned that game when I was like two or something".

Jeremy may not be the brightest lightbulb at times, but he won't just say crazy stuff for the sake of it icon_razz.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Rug.

Rug.
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Jun 16 2011, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the episode you were referring to. And this one icon_wink.gif

If you rewatch, he's talking about the game of tennis being like "pong" - referencing the old arcade game - and actually gestures to the tennis players before Kyle zooms in.
It's such an old arcade game (one of the first) Jeremy is trying to say he's so pro, that he 'owned' it when he was 2.

It wouldn't make sense to say "tolly like, pawn, you know; like tolly owned that game when I was like two or something".

Jeremy may not be the brightest lightbulb at times, but he won't just say crazy stuff for the sake of it icon_razz.gif

Ya dude now that I'm re-watching it your totally right. He is referring to pong. haha gg icon_smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users