Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EPISODE 1 - The Life of a Pro Gamer

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (537 member(s) have cast votes)

1. 5 (best) (235 votes [43.76%])

Percentage of vote: 43.76%

2. 4 (141 votes [26.26%])

Percentage of vote: 26.26%

3. 3 (98 votes [18.25%])

Percentage of vote: 18.25%

4. 2 (42 votes [7.82%])

Percentage of vote: 7.82%

5. 1 (worst) (21 votes [3.91%])

Percentage of vote: 3.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Games, Computers, Music
I seen it 10x at least.
IPB Image

---)-Wraith-(---

---)-Wraith-(---
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • xfire:Steam username: ––––•(-•TéH_Õwñðgʕ-)•––––
  • Interests:MSN, Counterstrike: Source, Gmod10, football (NOT soccer Americans!) playing out with friends.
Lets face it. This episode was literally by far the best. Think of a baby. They can't really do stuff when they're first born, and they don't know HOW to do stuff either. This is like Episode 1. After practise at it, and with Jeremy getting more outgoing, they were able to create MUCH better episodes afterwards.

I gave this a 3. Sorry.

---)-Wraith-(---

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,598 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
No need to apologize. I think I gave it a 2 or so (can't remember). It was funny and for a debut it was great, but PP's just gotten so much better that in retrospect, this ep pales in comparison...

Brandon
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Davey

Davey
  • GA Private
  • 79 posts
  • xfire:djg2007
  • Xbox / GFWL:djg2008
  • PSN:djg2007
  • Wii:8989066218430264
  • Gamer Army ID:2323
Didn't Kyle say "Jarret if you don't get up, mom's gonna freak."

I know the subtitles say "Jer", but when has Kyle ever called him 'Jer'? It sounded like Geoff quickly said 'Jarret'.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I just noticed it after some flicking through eps today.

---)-Wraith-(---

---)-Wraith-(---
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • xfire:Steam username: ––––•(-•TéH_Õwñðgʕ-)•––––
  • Interests:MSN, Counterstrike: Source, Gmod10, football (NOT soccer Americans!) playing out with friends.
Dude, you've completely got me lost. I'm not sure about anyone else.

PS Brandon, is it possible if I could have your Yahoo/MSN/IM address?

---)-Wraith-(---

Tanner Pwns

Tanner Pwns
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • xfire:souleater010
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage, RTS Games, FPS, MMO, and Wii.
  • Xbox / GFWL:XxOrangejuicexX
Episode one had the best line ever about the his religion being RTS/Buddhist. pp_smiley7.gif

wizard117

wizard117
  • Members
  • 8 posts
This would have to be my favorite episode just because it is the only one that is completely random. I love the PP storyline, but everyone needs a bit of random hilarity everyone once in a while

Random Kirby ------- <(-.-<)

d3viant

d3viant
  • GA Private
  • 1,042 posts
  • Steam ID:deviant_ambition
  • Xbox / GFWL:DeviantAmbition
  • PSN:deviant_ambition
  • Wii:3162124487413574
  • Gamer Army ID:2038
  • Company:Foxtrot
Of course there is lots of story and less action in this ep. It's the opening episode, probably originally the only episode, meaning not planned for sequels. So it's a kind of off-the-wall sort of thing. It establishes the characters well, but it also shows character development. From ep 1 onward, Jeremy becomes better and better at speaking on camera. He's not just the same guy. Thus, it become less about what Jeremy does, and more about what is going on all around him.

prypwnage182

prypwnage182
  • Members
  • 12 posts
First time I watched this ep I was bored out of my skull and none of it made any sense, wanted the guy showing it to me to turn it off. I now realize that I only felt that way because..... I was a .... noob... and they say admitting that you have a problem is the first step. Now that I'm a gamer I love it and show it to everybody. I even watched the Hak5 documentary on it. GG

Razten Mizuten

Razten Mizuten
  • GA Private
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, gaming, and the occasional bacon sandwich.
  • Gamer Army ID:2141
So the first time I watched this episode was because or the encouragement to do so by some friends. I watched it and afterwards just sat thinking "What on God's holy Earth was that even about?" I hated the way Jeremy spoke and I hated how he would walk around acting like a complete ass. In fact the only bit that got a laugh out of me was the protest.
However now I realise that it was because I was a n00b that it wasn't funny. Now although it's not my faveorite epiosde I can find almsot all of it funny.

And Kyle does say Jarret in episode 1, I don't think they thought about changing Jarret's name to Jeremy at that point. After all this was just a bit of fun for them and they didn't expect much to come from it. How wrong they were ^^.
There is no need for warriors if all they do is fight.

carsoN`

carsoN`
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • Steam ID:carsoN`
  • Wii:0960758864133992
  • Gamer Army ID:2431
QUOTE (Razten Mizuten @ Jun 8 2007, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Kyle does say Jarret in episode 1, I don't think they thought about changing Jarret's name to Jeremy at that point. After all this was just a bit of fun for them and they didn't expect much to come from it. How wrong they were ^^.

Yeah Kyle does say Jarret. Hahah if anyone watched PurePwnage closely before episode 12, they would've found out Jermey's real name icon_smile.gif
Brawl Code: 2707-1448-9905

Balsac Jaws Of Death

Balsac Jaws Of Death
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Drumming, Swimming, Warhammer, and Pure pwnage
when i first saw this ep. i had no idea what he was talkin bout most of the time. lol. this ep. is what got me into hardcore gaming now when i watch the ep.s i understand what he is talkin bout all the time.

lobitinthereboss

lobitinthereboss
  • GA Private
  • 416 posts
  • xfire:m4r1n3zealot
  • Interests:I like a LOT of games, I walk around a lot when I'm not playin' games cause there isn't anything else to do in my crappy state and I hope to move to Toronto for college.
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol
  • PSN:rofl
  • Wii:I gos me one
  • Gamer Army ID:2389
this episode is my favorite by far. jarett and geoff did a really nice job just making it casual and comical (lol cnc) which I like most in PP. also, when kyle goes to wake jeremy up in this episode he says:
"jarett, if you dont wake up mom's going to flip" icon_surprised.gif
he called him jarett instead of jeremy in the first episode!!1

gj guys. 5 stars icon_smile.gif

kingkoopa1992

kingkoopa1992
  • Members
  • 32 posts
I think this ep was a great starter to PP. I mean he said what he did and it was really funny too. Especially when he was posting to that n00b. I forgot what he said but it was something like "Lol lol lol rofl lol fag n00b" And the protest was also very lol

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
  • xfire:kapteinknivkamp
  • Xbox / GFWL:bayersk
i gave this one a 4 due to the fact that it's not as proffesional as the other ones.. the dialogue adds up for it though (great starter episode)

the rts strats are my favourite parts

lol lol lol noob fag lol ^^

lobitinthereboss

lobitinthereboss
  • GA Private
  • 416 posts
  • xfire:m4r1n3zealot
  • Interests:I like a LOT of games, I walk around a lot when I'm not playin' games cause there isn't anything else to do in my crappy state and I hope to move to Toronto for college.
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol
  • PSN:rofl
  • Wii:I gos me one
  • Gamer Army ID:2389
Yeah the production values are much better, but the dialogue is still classic... and epic. icon_biggrin.gif

and its lol roflol n00b fag lol
icon_razz.gif

pickupstix60

pickupstix60
  • Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol 12 year olds
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
Ok so I was running through the episodes again today, and I noticed something in Ep. 1..
http://www.purepwnage.com/episodes/s1/1/index.html

At 10:13, some guy in the playground can be heard talking to his kid in the background. It sounds like he's saying "Julian, come here..Julian". What does it sound like to you guys?

I just now noticed it icon_razz.gif

Edit: I've come to accept that the person is saying my name. This makes me happy in pants. icon_biggrin.gif

clockwork1337

clockwork1337
  • Members
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, css, mw2, rockband, stuff.
  • Steam ID:santa24240
  • Xbox / GFWL:two asian kids
lololololololol how the hell did you knowtice that?!?!?!?
wtf is a signature? do people see this? i hope not... i hope its like a diary... well dear diary... today i found out im gay... :)
www.youtube.com/user/threeasiankids
QUOTE (ya_ba @ May 7 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like you :)

QUOTE (sG Core asheS @ Jun 2 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unrelated, but clockwork's sig made me literally lol
*clap* *clap* *clap*

teh0wnage

teh0wnage
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • xfire:callumtaylor
  • Interests:programming, gaming, animation, Cinematography, Photography, Graphics, Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:sucks
  • PSN:sucks
  • Wii:sucks
QUOTE (EmeraldBlyze @ Mar 25 2005, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got me into PurePwnage. Jeremy made me say n00b in RL...

i said it all b4 anyways icon_biggrin.gif cause im l337

Teh0wnage AKA MrFox

BertL

BertL
  • Members
  • 780 posts
QUOTE (pickupstix60 @ Oct 16 2007, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At 10:13, some guy in the playground can be heard talking to his kid in the background. It sounds like he's saying "Julian, come here..Julian". What does it sound like to you guys?

I just now noticed it icon_razz.gif

It sounds like somebody calling his/her kid back because the kid walked away or something.
Spread the Love!
POO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users