Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Half Life 2 or Battle Field 2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

davenportlax

davenportlax
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • xfire:davenportlax
Dreem and my friends are pushing me into the choice of getting either Half Life 2 or BF2. I'd say it's a pretty hard decision once you think about it.
There are only two things I am sure of. The universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not that sure about the later.
-Albert Einstien
IPB Image

MR_GRiM

MR_GRiM
  • Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:m4573rb4710n <----- lolz
hm wow. tough choice, but to put in in an easier matter. HL2 for singleplayer, BF2 for multi. so if u want an amazing SP adventure go with HL2, but if u want some crazy online wars go for BF2. it matters what ur into more, do u think ull be playing a SP game more than an MP game? i say you should go with BF2 because u should just borrow a steam ID of ur friends and play HL2. thats my 2 cents.
IPB Image
QUOTE( My Dad ) View Post
Well, some people just like to be cowboys. I guess its just there thing, but i dont know why the fuck they would dress like that in Philadelphia.

momo

momo
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Volleyball and having a drink with mates.
yeah dude it will test yout skills and upgrade you to trained n00b playing bf2 icon_wink.gif lol

the skillz will prepare you for halflife 2 icon_biggrin.gif

get bf2 and pwn online icon_wink.gif

Cheers

MOMO
"Are you stalking me, because that would be super"

SensesFail

SensesFail
  • Members
  • 63 posts
get HL2 cause you get CS:S and HL deathmatch for free so there is ur kick ass multplayer gaming, and HL2 is the kick ass singleplayer

Bandages

Bandages
  • GA Private
  • 260 posts
  • xfire:bowers85
  • Steam ID:bowers85
  • Xbox / GFWL:Napiel
  • PSN:Toooo Expensive
  • Wii:Toooo Long!
  • Gamer Army ID:3948
  • Company:Gamma
BF2, it the best online game ive played in ages and the medals and levels give you a gaol, HL2 is ok but it become boring same with CS

tehLazyPirate

tehLazyPirate
  • Members
  • 360 posts
if you like big mutliplayer games (lots of people vs more lots of people), then grab BF2...

if you ARE planning on getting HL2, i'd say wait for the platinum edition (i think its called). it'll come out i think a bit after HL2:Aftermath... the cost will be 50$ according to most online gaming store sites, and will include, HL2, Lost Coast, Aftermath, CS:S, DoD:S, and i think something else. but thats a lot for just 50$ ... im not a huge fan of CS:S, but i'd be willing to bet DoD is pretty much like battlefield 1942, which i hear is also an awsome game.

you get a hell of a lot more diversity w/ HL2. and thats always good. also, for me, a lot of the servers in BF2 lag... to a point of unplayability, why, i dont know, but it seems more than just one person has this problem. from what people are saying its probably mostly EA's fault... and im not a huge supporter of them. the only reason i picked up BF2 was because of how awsome everyone said it was, and i was looking for a new FPS to get my hands on. After a while, i can see how it would get a bit... boring, but its defenently a cool game.

edit:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/258772.asp

there's a link to it. it doesnt say it comes w/ lost coast, but im pretty sure that anyone who just buys HL2 gets that for free, so u should be able to get it. it also comes w/ Half-Life: source

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
why would anyone play games on singleplayer? =S omg... I don't like the idea of the computer knowing where I am at all times... So, go BF2! It's much funnier than CS:S! You get planes, tanks, humvees and everything! =) go get BF2, CS sucks! (imo)
Logged out...

[RA]Z3PHYR

[RA]Z3PHYR
  • Members
  • 2,045 posts
  • xfire:zephyr2004
  • Steam ID:gunjack
Depends. Do you prefer realism and military stuff or more Sci-fi futuristic unrealistic kinda stuff?

Lt_BuLLiT

Lt_BuLLiT
  • GA Private
  • 708 posts
  • xfire:No Can Do!
  • Interests:Games and Football (s-o-c-c-e-r)
  • Gamer Army ID:352
get both lol they are both great games icon_biggrin.gif

dreem

dreem
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • xfire:cnorristears
  • Location:Tejas, i'm in the only blue county of a red state lol
  • Interests:going from trained n00b to slightly pro.
i dunno, BF2 is intense online as previously noted, but when u buy HL2 Game of the Year edition it comes w/ CS:S and HL2DM as well, all of which are some of the best games ever made.
bush is a n00b
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Dakz

Dakz
  • GA Private
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:FPS, RTS, MMORPG, Tennis, Snowblading, filming, clubbing<br />I like Billy talent, soulfly, metallica, sepultura.. etc..
  • Gamer Army ID:210
Imo I think BF2 is a lot more fun, not only do you get the choice of vehicles to master but also the different kits to play on. Also as bowers said, the rank system and medals give you a sort of motivation and goal to achieve while playing aswel as a realistic feel of tactics and teamwork if you're into the whole military style of gaming. You can also just go lone wolf and do your own thing but I like working in squads. Just my thoughts.

-Dakz

davenportlax

davenportlax
  • Members
  • 11 posts
well guys the thing is...
im a money hoarding person who goes for the best buy but at the same time wants good game play, ppl tel me to get HL2 cuz of gmod, and all that cool stuff but they r coming out w/ so many new stuff for BF2 that it's crazy
There are only two things I am sure of. The universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not that sure about the later.
-Albert Einstien
IPB Image

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Wow....tough choice...but if you like fun, realistic multiplayer games, get BF2. If you want a sweet SP experience combined with CS: S (not quite as fun as BF2), get HL2.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Razors-3dge

Razors-3dge
  • Members
  • 89 posts
Dont get either, is like 6 months you will hate both, i do. haha. wait and get Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter!
IPB Image

Cyclohexane

Cyclohexane
  • GA Private
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Gaming in General
  • Gamer Army ID:1407
I would go with HL2, because you get more than one game.. You get CS:S and that is worth getting into (even though I like 1.6 more).. BF2 is just BLEH.. It's a fun game, but EA is probably the laziest company EVER.. They NEVER support their games for more than a year and leave it nerfed..

QUOTE (Razors-3dge @ Feb 8 2006, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont get either, is like 6 months you will hate both, i do. haha. wait and get Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter!

According to your sig, it looks like you still play it.. O_o BF2, that is..

momo

momo
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Volleyball and having a drink with mates.
yeah ill just say again go get BF2 you will like it. I dont mind playing CS:S sometimes but the reason why i dont play it anymore is because its teh same 5h17 as it was back in the day i abused 1.5 and 1.6; just souped up

if you ever play 1942 mod Desset Combat, BF2 is the souped up version of that. EA could of done ALOT! better however the right idea is there.

Cheers

MOMO
"Are you stalking me, because that would be super"

misdemeanor

misdemeanor
  • Members
  • 1,580 posts
HL2...why are you even asking? Its cheaper and you even get CSS and DM free.

davenportlax

davenportlax
  • Members
  • 11 posts
ya once my dad gets home im gonna buy HL2 off of steam and i need his credit card.
THANKS YALL
-Albert Einstien
IPB Image

pearlsea

pearlsea
  • Members
  • 576 posts
  • Steam ID:Pearlsea
QUOTE (davenportlax @ Feb 9 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya once my dad gets home im gonna buy HL2 off of steam and i need his credit card.
THANKS YALL

fool, lol.

tehLazyPirate

tehLazyPirate
  • Members
  • 360 posts
QUOTE (davenportlax @ Feb 9 2006, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANKS YALL

just make sure u get a good package deal...

personally, im not a huge fan of supporting EA, and im slowly becoming that way w/ Valve.

battlefield 2 is the first EA game ive bought in about 10 years. and it'll probably be one of the last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users