Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

problems with cs:s

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

FPS Shiarua

FPS Shiarua
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • xfire:shiarua
  • Xbox / GFWL:shiarua
well, Ive been noticing that usually most of my hits aren't registered. People say this has to do with the hitboxes and I found this one site that shows how to fix it. Have any of you messed with cs:source or done anything similar to this to get better bullet registration?

thanks

misdemeanor

misdemeanor
  • Members
  • 1,580 posts
Well, just pray that valve fixes it. Mines fine for now. I think they fixed it a while ago.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
play 1.6, problem solved. the day valve actually fixes something...

IPB Image

Blazer33

Blazer33
  • Members
  • 214 posts
Concured, 1.6 FTW. TBH it takes more skill, but once you get decent it becomes aweosme.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (1337cshacker @ Feb 8 2006, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
play 1.6, problem solved. the day valve actually fixes something...

They sort of did fix it, though it's debatable wether you can call it a fix: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...318967&q=hitbox

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
QUOTE (Weiman @ Feb 8 2006, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They sort of did fix it, though it's debatable wether you can call it a fix: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...318967&q=hitbox

good find, but they sound like noobs that are complaining. the hitbox system in source is horrible, it needs to be completly redesigned. i wont play until this happens. whats the point of playing a game if you consistantly have to battle poor programing with shit coders (lol valve....).
IPB Image

FPS Shiarua

FPS Shiarua
  • Members
  • 321 posts
QUOTE (1337cshacker @ Feb 8 2006, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the hitbox system in source is horrible, it needs to be completly redesigned.
whats the point of playing a game if you consistantly have to battle poor programing with shit coders (lol valve....).

I agree completely. Im trying to learn to cope with it though and aim for where the hitboxes actually are.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
^^ agreed again. when css was released (and demo'd) the hype was great, and lots of people got addicted quick. i feel thousands have been cheated their money and fairness. it adds a new level of chance, and i see it as a major gameplay flaw.
IPB Image

Guest_kosh_*

Guest_kosh_*
  • Guests
guys.. come on... noones helped him..
Telling somone to go play 1.6 is bull shit and you should kill all your posts in this thread for saying such stupid responses.

They baught the game.. they wish to play it.. so stfu and get your head out of your ass, and if you actually knew how to help people, THEN DO SO.

Now, Im sorry i did not see this thread earlier

Depending on your net speed.

1.5/ADSL
cl_interp 0.1
cl_interpolate 1
cl_smooth 1
cl_smoothtime 0.1
cl_lag_comp_error_check 1 (just start to type this and click it and yea.. cause i dont know the EXACT command)

cl_cmdrate 50-100 (50, if your FPS rate is below 65, 100 if your FPS is above 100, If your fps is 70, use cmdrate 80.. etc.. etc..)
cl_updaterate 100 (Good, always use it..)
rate 25000, or 30000 (dont listen to newbs about this)

If you dont see your self getting good rego after doing this, Use cl_smooth 0 - because smooth 1, and smoothtime 0.01 Are for lanning really.. but if you CAN use it.. PLEASE DO SO, because its more accurate hitboxing. - kosh

Also..

If you have less then 1.5/ADSL

Use everything the same, but cl_updaterate 85 cl_cmdrate 85 (max, can be lower if lower fps.. like i stated before)
Rate 20000-25000 (dont listen to newbs on this)

Thats pretty much all i have to say on rates..

But, if you are a serious gamer, and you are thinking of going into competitions and REALLY worry about this.

DEFENTLY Get a PC that can run source, in HUGE gun battles (5-7 players all shooting in one small area, EG, bombsite B on de_dust2) with over 100 frames per second.. PEOPLE SO LOL NO 35 IS GOOD LOL - but its bull shit, because cmdrate is effected by your FPS.

I also suggest getting ADSL/1.5 or higher if its possible.. DONT GET CABLE = SUCKASS FOR GAMES.

I personally use

cl_interp 0.01 (if i can without server blocks)
cl_interpolate 1
cl_smooth 1
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 50
cl_lagcomp error check crap... 1 (lol command XD)
rate 30000
But - currently i have a shitty pc.. LOL

FPS Shiarua

FPS Shiarua
  • Members
  • 321 posts
alright everyone, calm down :biggrin: :good:
We all are friends here.

Anywho, yea, I dont have cable lol, I have what is formerly sbc yahoo dsl, 3mb/s
now its ameritech

But my computer is brand new, get like 150 fps on average. I found settings on the CAL website and they are:
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_interp 0.01
cl_interpolate 1
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_updaterate 101
cl_smooth 1
rate 25000

This is the config I am currently using. However, it does not completely line the hitbox up with the player model(when moving). The link I posted in my first post is the link to a source that completely fixes it(hitbox is over player model all the time). But, it is somewhat flawed, as mention in the article. It causes the textures to become somewhat shaky while moving which is just damn annoying lol. Even though it completely fixes the issue, I just cant overlook the shake.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (FPS Shiarua @ Feb 8 2006, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree completely. Im trying to learn to cope with it though and aim for where the hitboxes actually are.

QFT....I've gotten pretty used to the hitboxes, actually, and am pretty much ok with it now.
And no, the hitboxes aren't fixed...they just go in a different direction away from the body now.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Feb 9 2006, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT....I've gotten pretty used to the hitboxes, actually, and am pretty much ok with it now.
And no, the hitboxes aren't fixed...they just go in a different direction away from the body now.

valve will never fix it. it will forever be a flawed, pointless game.
IPB Image

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
Removed the flaming. This is the third time in as many days. NO FLAMING. Next time, there will be warnings.

-evol262

CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users