Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

danhimself

danhimself
  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • xfire:danhimself86
  • Interests:pwning.
http://pc.ign.com/objects/620/620554.html
has anyone checked this game out ?
it looks pretty cool..the graphics look good too..anybody have thoughts on gameplay ?
i also used to play the board game like 5 or 6 years ago.
IPB ImageIPB Image

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • xfire:nemesiscf
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
-.- yes, use search feature n ull find like 5-10 other topics, go revive them instead of starting this 1?

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
I still play the tabletop game. I have three platoons of Imperial Guard meaning 81 men. Each platoon has a Junior Officer with Bolt Pistol. Two Leman Russ Battle Tank. A Commissar. Six snipers and a Basilisk.

danhimself

danhimself
  • Members
  • 561 posts
QUOTE (Shadowstar)
I still play the tabletop game. I have three platoons of Imperial Guard meaning 81 men. Each platoon has a Junior Officer with Bolt Pistol. Two Leman Russ Battle Tank. A Commissar. Six snipers and a Basilisk.

nice..i had Marines(custom paint and such) i can't remember how much i had but it was around 3 or 4 squads, a sqaud of scouts, squad of Elites. i had an Assassin, Land Raider Crusader, umm a speed bike, hover thinger it had 2 mounted bolt guns, uhhhh Librarian, Dreadnaught..i think i had a couple other things too. lol.
IPB ImageIPB Image

Cyclohexane

Cyclohexane
  • GA Private
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Gaming in General
  • Gamer Army ID:1407
The game is a tad IMBA imo.. But otherwise, its a pretty good game.. If you get the game, and you want to play online, I would get the expasion, as the DoW community is decreasing and the WA community is increasing..

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
and it's a new expansion pack on the way too! =) with TAU if I'm not wrong?

--FOR THE GREATER GOOD--
Logged out...

ilovesoda

ilovesoda
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:tits!
You are right. The expansion pack will feature 2 new races whom 1 of them will be Tau. The 2. is still unknown, but most people expect it to be Necrons.
i r liek som n00b tryn 2 b kewl.

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
QUOTE (ilovesoda)
You are right. The expansion pack will feature 2 new races whom 1 of them will be Tau. The 2. is still unknown, but most people expect it to be Necrons.

It's most likely to be necrons since there are already models for infantry and building. Necrons would OWN though.
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
I like Necrons too, so that's no problem ,) =)
Logged out...

danhimself

danhimself
  • Members
  • 561 posts
no Tyranids ? they're crazy.
IPB ImageIPB Image

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
they wouldn't be balanced... =S
Logged out...

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • xfire:nemesiscf
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
i must admit when the new expansion comes out ill get that and wa, i dont like wa though, they made it more imba imo, but if they get the balance right on the new 1 it'l be an amazing game, probably get into the wcg n stuff.. potentially it could become the next starcraft icon_razz.gif.

Mr.Q

Mr.Q
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • xfire:goot
they probably are going to put necrons into it, but wouldn't that just completely unbalance everything? i mean, the necrons are almost unstoppoable, it took a freaking titan to stop them (well, titan gun) I play tabletop, I have a Moridian regiment with an elysian platoon (teh pwnage) and I still got pwned by my friends necrons, they're too overpowering, but it would be cool as hell though. I hope it would be 'nids though. or maybe dark eldar...
IPB Image

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
first...what does IMBA means? =S

second of all, are necrons that overpowered? after what I've heard, they've got no flexibility, am I right? In that case, TAU would overrun them! =)

and last, third, 'Nids won't even make it 100 yards close to TAU! =) =P hehe
Logged out...

Walternat0r

Walternat0r
  • Members
  • 524 posts
  • xfire:Walternat0r
  • Interests:Total War games, Half-life games, Nwn games, other games, reading books, yadda yadda yadda.<br /><br />I also like mashed potato and have a signed thingy from Bodger &amp; Badger.
Bah, the 'Nids are the best icon_smile.gif

Necrons are annoying 'cause my mate who used to play them is a jammy sod and they kept getting back up icon_sad.gif

And Tau are women, no hand to hand, the pansies icon_razz.gif
"Here at the Daily Mail, we're racist in public every day, so you don't have to be" - Russell Howard

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
but they'll shot the shit out of yah! =P They're not women... They don't got any female warriors! =P

But you can agree that 'Nids wouldn't be balanced? How would they balance it? =S
Logged out...

ilovesoda

ilovesoda
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:tits!
Low hit points like zerg?
i r liek som n00b tryn 2 b kewl.

Pdah-m0vgli

Pdah-m0vgli
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
zerg whome? =S well, HP? who cares when nothing can come close? =) =D =P
Logged out...

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
Dark Eldar .... PLEASE ...

lucky jim

lucky jim
  • Members
  • 39 posts
Having a blast with this game icon_smile.gif Runs great, looks great, I love the strategic points system and more manageable army sizes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users