Jump to content

Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I got CS:S

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1
Faust

Faust
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Yes I finally mustered up the money and bought the amazing game itself.. of course I suck completly anyone get any hints or tips for me since I seem to be kind of slow learning on the game....

I only kill 30% and die the other 70% of the time.... or am I to noob to help?

#2
misdemeanor

misdemeanor
  • Members
  • 1,580 posts
Practice makes perfect. wink.gif Just play and you will get better. Don't hack or cheat. Don't use n00b guns and spray. You will get better as time passes.


#3
Chris[dal]

Chris[dal]
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Location:halifax
  • Interests:killing n00bs, hockey and chemistry
Practice does make perfect. Every one was a n00b at one point or another. Don't get turned off the game, it will take a bit of time to learn how to play well.
Couple of tips
1. Line up your shots, quality not quantity is key. You will be able to get better shots off faster the stronger you are on the basics.
2. Flash bangs are your friend; use them when entering into a room if you think there is an enemy.
3. Try to aim for the head. Recoil causes every shot to be a little higher than the last so correct your self. Kneeling improves your accuracy.
4. AWPs are waste of time, they aren't very accurate and as long as you’re moving side to side and stuff they'll have a hard time hitting you. Scouts are way better and take skill not luck.
5. If you have a mic use it. It's a team game. Getting behind the opposition or shooting at them from two directions will overwhelm them and catch them by surprise. Radar is also going to see where your team is.

I could go on for a while, but I'm sure you'll pick up most of this as you got. I hope this helps you become a better player.

#4
ctf_instagib

ctf_instagib
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Location:Pasadena, CA
  • Interests:I currently hold a research position at the University College London within the computer science department.<br /><br />My main interests include: statistical machine translation, probabilistic context-free grammar(PCFG), tree adjoining grammar(TAG), parsing techniques
Adive: Put it in the trash and pick up a real FPS. j/k

No really, Source is easy to get good at, Due to hit fields being absolutly massive and easy as hell to head shot


#5
Eagleeye

Eagleeye
  • Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • xfire:theirisharagorn
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA-PA
  • Xbox / GFWL:EagleeyeXC
BF2 is better the game play is enhanced with vehicle and mastering flying etc. And the badges and rank system give so much replay. add in digent modders who patch more often than lame ass EA you got yourself a god game

#6
Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Location:Lake Port New York
  • Interests:The obvious
ive already said this before to somebody else but, the holy pointers i can give you are to just keep playing every day. i stopped for about a week and then 2 and i had to play a rediulas amount of hours to get my skill back that i still havent fully gotten
IPB Image

#7
CKY

CKY

    TS Awards 2006: Best Accent

  • Members
  • 2,911 posts
  • xfire:xcampxkillxyourselfx
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing Guitar, Music
  • Wii:3542579502046889
QUOTE (Faust)
Yes I finally mustered up the money and bought the amazing game itself.. of course I suck completly anyone get any hints or tips for me since I seem to be kind of slow learning on the game....

I only kill 30% and die the other 70% of the time.... or am I to noob to help?


Faust? THE Faust from GamingW?!

You receive loot: [Gestapo Stick].

#8
1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Location:Post: 3.1K plus ^^^
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
QUOTE (Faust)
Yes I finally mustered up the money and bought the amazing game itself.. of course I suck completly anyone get any hints or tips for me since I seem to be kind of slow learning on the game....

I only kill 30% and die the other 70% of the time.... or am I to noob to help?

play the game allot against bots. dont play in pubs, just mroe noobs in there, everyone does their own thing with no coordination, and the gameplay is retarded that way. you need to join a clan, not even cal just any clan, and play matches.
IPB Image

#9
Faust

Faust
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Alright thank you all for then help... also I am very unaware of GameW or whatever but this is my screen name on some of the role plays.

Also I am not sure how to play vs bots but I guess I will try and figure it out, really in the end I have become slightly better with the hand gun but ducking has not seemed to help me much, I will try it again...

Also I am glad to see there are so many people willing to help me ^^;;

#10
halonsg

halonsg
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Location:de_dust2
  • Interests:HeadShots
a good tip for you is to learn to get the headshots with a pistol thats what i did for 2 week off like and 2 weeks on line now can get the headshots easy with the pistol so if i am reloading and some one comes round the coner i get the pistol and pops one in his head its ownage and good skill. in my eyes anyway
user posted image

#11
pearlsea

pearlsea
  • Members
  • 576 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canadaland
  • Steam ID:Pearlsea
If its anything like aa then just play alot and if you have potential skill (its posible you just will always suck) you will eventualy be able to harness it and kill like mad, or atleast have a kill ratio of 1:1.

#12
SensesFail

SensesFail
  • Members
  • 63 posts
I have had it for three days, and play in the same server, and today i just realized the server i play in isnt VAC secured and i wondered why i kept getting pwned. But i preacticed against bots i usually do three on one and have the bots on norm or hard

#13
Squeesnightmare

Squeesnightmare
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I actually signed up for these forums just to post this reply... (Though I'll probably be lurking quite a bit now).
Anyway, just saying that I'm in the same boat as you. Got the game not too incredibly long ago and I still suck really bad. I've slowly started to increase my Kill/Death ratio, but it's still pretty crappy.
My advice? Play the game and have fun with it, but don't get stressed out if you keep losing.
Yeah, I had more to say but I completely lost it. Isn't that a bitch?
Anyway, if you're in a game and see someone named FailUseCutKill or Squeesnightmare [Teh Vestibule], that's me. And I'll probably be sucking just as much as usual.

#14
Weiman

Weiman

    Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

  • Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Spray only at close range.
Never aim ABOVE the head, always on it or below.
The first few bullets of any rifle are pretty accurate even when spraying, move your mouse down after those.
Never rush alone, I still do it acutally but you shouldn't icon_razz.gif
Practice throwing nades and how moving when throwing them affacts the way it goes.


QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

#15
Faust

Faust
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Well if you guys want to, Add leaf0ninja to your firends list and try to help me out if you ever get the time.

the 0 in leaf0 is a number not capital letter so you know incase there is a miss read there.

I played vs to bots for a little while but in the end I think I got a little better and the ducking has started to help me a little now that I am paying attention to what the aim arrow is actually on so I have been getting quite the few kills now.

But I am still most definatly a noob.

#16
Glennon

Glennon
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Location:Blackpool, UK
  • Interests:Gaming. Computers. Cars. Babes.
I think to have a game against bots you go to create server then go from there. (I'm a CS 1.6 player so if I've got this wrong thats why lol)
IPB Image

#17
-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
  • xfire:omgreaveristaken
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Windsor, Ontario
  • Steam ID:reaver117
Glenny's got it right.

#18
lucky jim

lucky jim
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Location:Mississauga, Ontario
If you want to get your shots concentrate on aiming, one tip; if you stop moving for approx half a second your first bullet will be 100% accurate, 2nd bullet is pretty close. Keep that sort of stuff in mind, pause or stop to take all your shots because running while firing and spraying may work sometimes but it won't help you out in the long run.

also lolrofl @ the awp being a lucky innacurate weapon comment

#19
Faust

Faust
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Okay slowly I am getting the hng of it I can play vs comps on normal and almos hard...
Now I need to re install it cause my comp fried...

#20
otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

    Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

  • Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spruce Grove, AB
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Faust @ Jan 30 2006, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I finally mustered up the money and bought the amazing game itself.. of course I suck completly anyone get any hints or tips for me since I seem to be kind of slow learning on the game....
I only kill 30% and die the other 70% of the time.... or am I to noob to help?


Remember the hitboxes...always!

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users