Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does this kinda software exist?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Is there a program that will let me view the contents of an uncompleted rar, zip, etc? Or lets say an uncompleted torrent.

I have a tgz, which is like a rar which isn't downloaded fully, which I was DLing through bittorrent. There arent anymore seeders so I'd at least like to look at the gig that I downloaded.

.Lasse

.Lasse
  • Banned
  • 815 posts
  • xfire:ranu
  • Interests:Graphic's and Design
1. Did you google it?
2. What file did you download?

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
Yes I googled it. I can't find the words to describe it to google simply. I downloaded a rar with a bunch of movies and pics in it, but since the torrent didnt finish. When I extract it says, stuff is missing. I already know that but want to see what I DID download.

TEB

TEB
  • Members
  • 2,905 posts
  • xfire:techieelite
  • Interests:Computers
Why would you want to view fragments and movies? The way bit torrent works is transfering parts of the file at a time. Why do you want to viewfragments of what you cant open anyway?

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
with azereus you can look at whats inside the torrent, or look at the torrent details online.
IPB Image

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
Thats what I was thinking too Yoda avatar dude. But if a torrent downloads a bunch of pictures and movies, it doesnt download fragments at a time to compile at the end, it actualy downloads picture by picture, movie by movie. I downloaded an un-rared torrent and was looking at each of the files as they downloaded into a folder. I opened them and they worked. This just wont work with rars.

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
gunzip $filename.tgz && tar -tvf $filename.tar
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
QUOTE (evol262)
gunzip $filename.tgz && tar -tvf $filename.tar

What's this? Some sort of code? Type this where?

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
If you have access to a Unix/Linux system, that's how you'd view an incomplete tgz.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
Damn, I'm on windows ; ;.

Weegee_101

Weegee_101
  • GA Private
  • 1,644 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Unix.
  • Gamer Army ID:816
  • Company:India
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x)
Thats what I was thinking too Yoda avatar dude. But if a torrent downloads a bunch of pictures and movies, it doesnt download fragments at a time to compile at the end, it actualy downloads picture by picture, movie by movie. I downloaded an un-rared torrent and was looking at each of the files as they downloaded into a folder. I opened them and they worked. This just wont work with rars.

But it downloads each of those in fragments as well. Torrent downloads files in fragments... not the entire torrent.

Example: If you are downloading a torrent that is a folder full of pictures of <your favorite pr0nstar here> then it will download those pictures in fragments and piece them together as fragments for that file are completed. If you have a single compressed file that is being downloaded... since that is one file it is downloading the fragments for that single particular file. This means that the file if you tried to open it or uncompress it would be corrupt as it is incomplete.

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x)
Damn, I'm on windows ; ;.

You can, but its through a windows implementation of the UNIX api. You need to get Cygwin. It is a bit difficult to set up unless you read the fine manual, but you should be fine once you get it running. You will need to know the basic BASH or Borne Shell commands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users