Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Free MMOs and free trials!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

n0oo7

n0oo7
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • xfire:n0oo7
omg

thx man omfgdatspurepwnage.gif

Archaos

Archaos
  • Members
  • 1 posts
You can play Lineage 2 free at places like: [Link removed] -Hrugnir

However your supposed to pay for it....

Teh_R34per

Teh_R34per
  • GA Private
  • 5 posts
  • xfire:enemypriest
  • Gamer Army ID:321
QUOTE (Archaos @ Mar 27 2006, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can play Lineage 2 free at places like:

However your supposed to pay for it....

Yea there are tons of L2 servers out there that are private and completely free. The only problem is that a lot of them have crashes or they are full. Lots and lots of foreign players that don't speak much English if any.

[Link removed] -Hrugnir]

this site has an extensive list of all of the free l2 servers out there

Eagles Claw

Eagles Claw
  • Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Mar 24 2006, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tibia, 7/10? tibia is the shittiest piece of crap I have ever played...

Man... you got no taste (No offence). Tibia is the seccond best Morpg I've played. First best is Martial World Online Pretty new... so I started playing as soon as possible... and lucky enough for me, I'm the seccond highest level there ^_^ It's free and lots of new updates coming every now and then. Excellent graphics, but you gotta have a good compy - 9/10

AKA-007

AKA-007
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:-Short Films (i have completed a music video for &quot;Camelot&quot; and stop motion videos about the eraser mafia &quot;Job Well Done&quot; all are on Google Video<br />-Strategy Games, puzzle games (Like MYST)<br />-Science<br />etc.
i didn't read the entire list (someone has a lot of spare time on this thread). I know of this other MMO, a little bit more expensive that WoW (20$ a month) but it's free to download (yes you don't but a disk) its called Eve. My friend likes it. i don't know where to get it though. Thought I might add something to this thread

Eve

Cheers
AKA-007
May the force be with you!

sexC_azn_b4b3

sexC_azn_b4b3
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:butt secks
UPDATED LOLOLOL
UPDATED AGAIN ROFLOL
LMAO UPDATED AGAIN LOL
UPDATED AGAIN 4 THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE, 4EVA LOL
I'm gonna review some of the ones I've played real quick:

Gunbound: World Champion:
Cool game. Nice graphics, catchy music, very happy atmosphere (or, just gay, in two meanings icon_eek.gif ). Some people hate the graphics, but to me it's great, it all looks hand drawn/anime-ish. Gameplay is pretty cool. You take turns in your mobile and you can raise the angle of your aim, move around, and finally adjust your shots power and fire. Each mobile has it's own unique traits and 3 different shot types. There are also items you can use in game such as Dual, which makes you shoot twice in a row (which I frequently use, then miss, then bash my head into the moniter). The terrain is fully destructable, which is really cool in my opinion. You go from being high up to being stranded on a pixel wide peice of terrain hovering over your death (the bottom of the screen). It opens up more ways to kill your enemy then just shoot them, you can just blow a hole under them and watch them plummet to your death. It does get boring after a while, and you have to play a long time just to get enough money to buy something for only a week. So yes, this game does have a bit of a grind. This would be a lot better if it had more levels(stages) too... It's pretty addictive too.

EDIT: Now there is a version hosted in North America, Gunbound Revolution. It can be found on www.ijji.com; requiring you to sign up there, but you can transfer your softynx account. The game itself is mostly the same, there is one new mobile that you can only get through "random" and they shuffled the interface, but that's it. One interesting thing though is that it pits the world against each other. All of your GP is added to the GP of the rest of your "region" and on the website there is a flash thingy that shows the ladder. It's pretty neat.

Rakion: Chaos Force:
Just started playing this. You're pretty much expected to play over and over and over to get very far, and it can be very hard at times, but it's still really cool. Softynx is pretty good at making original games. This is a very brutal game, completely the opposite of Gunbound (which pits 6 year olds against each other in cute little froggy-tanks icon_razz.gif ). The gameplay is 3D person, you have a character, you join a match and you start kickin medievil butt. There are several different combos and attacks/moves for each class. Eventually you'll level up and you can change up your stats. This game has a big grind though. Really big. Very addictive anyway, but sometimes you get frustrated and you'll stop playing for a few days. The community is actually decent, which shocks me greatly icon_neutral.gif I had a hard time downloading this. I downloaded the launcher and then tried to get the full game, and the estimated time was, get this, 72 HOURS. ON DSL. I didn't download it. Then later I was about to play Gunbound (which uses the same launcher as Rakion, since they're both Softynx games), I decided I'd try again and got the game in about 5 hours... So yeah. If you get this, get Gunbound too, and if you get Gunbound, get this too. They're both Accesible from the same launcher so if you change your mind about which you feel like playing at last second, you can pick the other. Also, this game can at times seem unresponsive. This game is not for people who don't have self control, because I wanted to go freakin FPS_doug on my computer monitor a few times.

Gunz: The Duel:
This is pretty cool. The gameplay is very matrix style, and you have to do all sorts of fancy moves to survive. You buy guns and armor and then you kill people for money and Experience, and then you do it again and again. Recently anti-hacker software was implemented, and it helps a little. The graphics are crap, but it keeps the system specs low. It's only in beta right now, so not everything is in yet. So for many people the game gets pretty repetitive and then they quit for a while and play again later (like me). Other people take up the challenge of learning a complex "style". This is basically exploiting the bad programming behind the game, but I think they did it allowed this on purpose... Anyay, some people with uber micro can cancel moves with other onces in quick succesion to do all sorts of neat stuff, like fly, go rediculously fast, make yourself near impossible to hit, and shoot really fast. This is really cool, but like I said, you have to have uber micro. Right now my main gripe is the lack of levels. There are about ten right now. The team that is making the game is cool though, they're pretty open with the community. Downloading the game can be a pain too. You have to download the client, and the you launch that and it downloads the torrent files with the rest of the game files on it. This sucks because for a lot of people, the built in torrent dosen't work and they have to use bitcomet or something to torrent it manually. Or you can download a full version from a fansite called GunZFactor.com, which is very convenient. I'd definately give this game a try if I were you.

EDIT: This game also has a North American version on ijji. The new version has a few changes, mainly artwork and buttons, but it also has Quest Mode, Clan War mode, and Extreme Team Deathmatch. No new maps, but there will be new ones in the future supposedly. The premium items are still to come as well.

MU Online:
Part of the reason I dislike this isn't the games fault. For one thing, when I started it up, it showed the company logos and paused for a long time. Then after about 1 minute it went to the menu. All the text was cluttered and the only options were 2 servers, so I randomly picked one, and then a channel. For a while I had trouble figuring out how to make a character, since the text was insanely small and really jumbled up (there was no space between the letters, plus it wasn't translated well.), but I finally got it right. Then I was immediately put into the game with no idea what the duck to do. I looked at the interface for a while, then decided to explore. There were no NPCs to help, which sucked. Just shop people. I asked for help to the community, and nobody said anything. Nobody talked the entire time I played. I walked around with no clue where to go and got killed a few times by gigantic monsters. Then I found a small moster and killed it. Then I got killed again. I had a miserable time and left the game, but the screen just went black. So I waited about 2 minutes, and started to daydream, then I remembered about the game and hit ALT F4. that didn't work so a few minutes later I hit CTRL ALT DEL, that didn't work either, so ten minutes later (I got totally distracted) I just turned off the computer. Then I deleted MU icon_smile.gif There might be a decent game in there somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Recently Webzen let some company called K2Network take over the english version, and they promise better customer support (they know english icon_surprised.gif ) and a better website and other stuff. I may give this game a second try sometime in the future... And they weren't kidding about the improved website. It's nice.

Maple Story:
This game is weird. At first it's really fun and moves at a good pace. The newbie tutorial teaches you how to use the interface and gives you some uber basic quests. Then you leave the newbie island and get a job. Then you have nothing to do and it's miserably boring. Supposedly after you hit level 60 you have alot of stuff to do and it becomes uber fun, but I haven't played that far and don't plan too. This game could be great if it had less grind though. The graphics are beautiful, as well as the music. Every once in a while I log back onto this game and play for a few hours, then don't play again for a long time. I recomend you play this though, just for the fun part (the first 5 hours). Then it sucks until 400 hours later icon_sad.gif They put pets in recently, you have to buy them, but they're so cute icon_smile.gif They need to add widdle froggies as pets, right now they just have these butt ugly dragon thingies. Oh yeah, the website is IE only, unless you disable Javascript in firefox, which can be accomplished easily enough with NoScript. However, it still isn't gonna display just right. This game has a very strong fan base. I have a feeling that all of it's "UBAR HUGE FANS LOLOL" are under the age of 10 however... But it still does have a strong fan base like I said, so if you're having trouble in the game you can ask for help on one of a billion fan sites/forums. Asking within the game is a deathwish though...

Conquer Online:
I don't remember my experience with this game very well... but it was weird. I had fun for a while, then got lost and confused, then figured out what to do, had fun again, then got a tad bored and wanted to clear up space and got rid of this. I don't really like it that much... there wasn't much to do except bash crap. The environments were beautiful though, I explored as much as I could when I played (dodging monsters all the way). It's kind of weird though, jumping is about 3 times faster than walking (or running) so everyone is jumping around all the time, which is pretty goofy... The communtiy dosen't talk much either. I talked to a guy getting pwned by a turkey once, and then to a guy who plvled me, that's it. I really didn't play it too much. So don't take my word to seriously on this one. I think it has a fairly detailed PVP system too. You can PK anyone you want, except if you're in a town you can expect to be killed by a guard fairly quickly. I remember one time I was standing next to a gaurd going through my inventory, this one guy jumped out of nowhere and killed me instantly and then the gaurd killed him instanly. That was weird. I don't think this game lags much either. There are so freakin many servers and channels to choose from... Maybe I should retry this...

SilkRoad Online:
This is pretty amazing. The graphics are on par with guild wars, and the music is very nice. Character developement is more open ended than usual, and the concept is different than most MMOs, but it sticks to the formula pretty much. The way it goes is that you start off as a jobless person, then you become can become a Trader, which carries goods from town to town for money, or a thief who tries to kill the darn Traders and steal their crap, or a Hunter who protects the merchants and kills Thiefs. Or you can be all of them I think, but I don't know how that would work out... The community is better than most free MMOs, and basically, I'm suprised that they don't charge for this. It seems pretty proffesionaly, but the translation isn't that great. Actually the translation sucks. You kind of have to figure out the advanced stuff on your own since the help isn't that good. But the interface is very easy to learn and use. The atmosphere is great, it's way different from other MMOs because it's not in some European Medievil setting and the enemies are different since they are all based on chinese mythology and not Tolkien. And it has monkies icon_biggrin.gif If you are thinking of getting any MMORPG, get this first and see if you like it. Because it's really high quality. I will probably get bored eventually though. This game also has huge lag problems. It's not wonderful but it's better than other stuff... Bottom line: it's as good as free MMOs get icon_biggrin.gif And just a warning, the website will lag your computer. You can't do crap about it. It WILL lag your computer. You'll also notice that there is good translation on the outside, where someone who hasn't played before will look, and really crap translation on the inside, like in any quest besides the first one or two.

Flyff:
I didn't like this too much... Graphically it was fine, the world looked nice, and it had cool night/day transitions. The interface sucked though, it just kinda didn't feel right. The music was weird and probably could get very annoying after a while but it never bothered me. The sound effects were annoying I thought, but I didn't here that many since I didn't play very extensively. As for gameplay... You start the game and there is a welcome message and a tutorial, the tutorial does a decent job of introducing you to the game but it has problems because of the way the interface is... Anyway, it basically just leaves you open to start monster bashing and there are a couple of quests you can do. Conversations with NPCs are a little more dynamic than other MMOs but it sucks because of the way it's translated and laid out. This game is definately a grind game. I didn't play it for very long, but at 16 I think you get to pick a class or whatever and at 20 you get to fly (which is the sellpoint of the game). I stopped playing this mostly because it just really seemed like a waste of my time... I guess that this is basically a 3D Maple Story, it has the same basic atmosphere (anime, happy, GRIND YOUR ARSE OFF). But I think I'd prefer Maple Story since that actually challenges you... And 2D sprites pwn the 3D models of this game (I'm a 2D person... heh). I'm not sure about some stuff in this game... Like I said I haven't played it extensively, but I don't really want to either. The gameplay is the same as just about any other MMO, and I've had enough at that. We need originallity, doggonit. On the other hand, this is pretty good for a free MMO. Mainly because of the talkative community, they ignored me of course, but they never shut up any other time icon_neutral.gif .

If you are still confused about a certain game, wikipedia always has lots of details about games, even crappy ones. icon_smile.gif
I'm gonna continue to update this post occasionally.
I learned gramar LOL

eetuxor

eetuxor
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • xfire:eetuxor
I think you forgot atleast DarkThrone (www.darkthrone.com)

a web-based MMO + a little bit of RTS elements, collect money and gain citizens, train citizens to different professions and pwn everyone. I like that. ^^

psst... feel free to PM me in the game if you play that or gonna start playing... I will help newbies. my name there is Humandart icon_wink.gif
IPB Image

“No, try not, do or do not, there is no try”

-Yoda

sexC_azn_b4b3

sexC_azn_b4b3
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:butt secks
QUOTE (eetuxor @ Apr 7 2006, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you forgot atleast DarkThrone (www.darkthrone.com)

a web-based MMO + a little bit of RTS elements, collect money and gain citizens, train citizens to different professions and pwn everyone. I like that. ^^
psst... feel free to PM me in the game if you play that or gonna start playing... I will help newbies. my name there is Humandart icon_wink.gif

Oh... I just started playing that today. It's cool I guess. icon_smile.gif
I learned gramar LOL

Wagon

Wagon
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:asdf
http://www.mpogd.com
Multiplayer Onling Game Directory - if you don't find what you want to find here, just look in there.

Tekhsheen

Tekhsheen
  • Banned
  • 298 posts
  • xfire:Tekhsheen
  • Interests:umm...
i used to play conquer Online, it got boring kuz i never had luck getting any profit and my bro is a 24/7 player at it

MRradical

MRradical
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Nice imma try silkroad online icon_smile.gif
IPB Image

h0micide

h0micide
  • Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • xfire:basz0r
  • Interests:gaming, music, literature, physics
I want to add one

Flyff http://english.flyff.com
Kick ass game similar to Rose Online.
8/10

Nashi

Nashi
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:FPS pwns
www.kalonline.com

Like WOW but then for free and with samoerai's and that stuff at first it is confusing but when you start to get it its so much fun.
7/10

er0-hack

er0-hack
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Anything I can get my hands in...but mostly PC's, PC games and video games, Anime, just plainly having fun =D
Ok I when to http://www.onrpg.com and some one postes this site http://mmolist.blogspot.com that he made and it has all the free mmorpgs and mmofps you can think of check it out pp_smiley7.gif
IPB Image

jrmunch

jrmunch
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Shadowbane went free recently but its future is in doubt. It is the ultimate in PvP - Play to Crush!

http://chronicle.ubi.com

Undstacc

Undstacc
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • xfire:undstacc
So many free games! Still think WoW pwnz them hands down though... But then again you have to pay, cant win!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Paddrino

Paddrino
  • Members
  • 19 posts
DDO 7 Day Free Trial

TheHumannBee

TheHumannBee
  • Banned
  • 790 posts
  • xfire:tehhumannbee
LOL DDO already has a free trial...kind of pathetic icon_lol.gif
IPB Image

azoundria

azoundria
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • xfire:azoundria
Can you add mine to the list?

Exploring Azoundria - http://www.azoundria.com/exploring or http://www.xpaz.net
A free text-based MMORPG in which you explore the world of Azoundria collecting items, improving your stats, completing quests, battling, competing, trading, and more...

Meat_Grinder

Meat_Grinder
  • Members
  • 14 posts
I looked through the topic and i havent seen the SCO so here it is.

Space Cowboy, in short SCO, MMO 3D flying game. At start you choose 1 of 4 avaliable crafts with max of 3 characters per acc. Then you level/grind/PvP/nationWar. Its REAL FUN and VERY addictive the game is mostly PvP and Nation War, so all grinders ppl should stay at Mu online >:) . The game is just ended Beta and will be avaliable on www.gpotato.com at 22 May (client download) and 25 May (server opening).
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users