Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How can I tell if my motherboard is SLI ready?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

KillaKid

KillaKid
  • GA Private
  • 481 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:116
Hey for christmas I really want the 7800GT etc etc yall know. I was wondering how would you be able to tell if ur motherboard is SLI ready? Is that new technology released on the newest motherboards or was it already implanted? If thats the case my computer is like about a year old, and I dont know what Motherboard I have. How wuld I find out?

Also, If I have to get a new motherboard, would I be able to put all the equipment from my current motherboard/computer onto a new one?

misdemeanor

misdemeanor
  • Members
  • 1,580 posts
it has the logo on it..i guess and it says something like "supports SLi technology". Ur mobo has to have 2 PCI-E x16 and thats for SLi. some of the stuff like the RAM and the processor (depends on which ones you have) can be reused.

Purified

Purified
  • Members
  • 199 posts
Your chipset should be nvidia 4 chipset and should say SLI Ready on it or the box

AMD Athlon 3700+ SD
ASUS A8N-SLI
GeForce 6800gs
1gig Corsair
80gig Western Digi

KillaKid

KillaKid
  • GA Private
  • 481 posts
ok and say for example i get the pimpiest motherboard out can i transfer everything I have so far onto that motherboard or wuld there be some problems?

KillaKid

KillaKid
  • GA Private
  • 481 posts
N i didnt build my computer, its Sony RB30, i just implanted a new video card, ram (1 gig extra), and a video card. I also didn't do the upgrades, Im afaird ill destory my compy.

Purified

Purified
  • Members
  • 199 posts
I suggest you build a new PC icon_razz.gif keep all youve bought so far but you should get a new computer for christmas or save money.

*** Id also like to fix my old post, its NForce 4 not nvidia sorry***

AMD Athlon 3700+ SD
ASUS A8N-SLI
GeForce 6800gs
1gig Corsair
80gig Western Digi

KillaKid

KillaKid
  • GA Private
  • 481 posts
Can't rly buy a new PC.

I'm young, no job

and my parents wouldn't rly buy a computer which is better then mine atm.

Infact when i asked my mom for the 7800 she thought it was stupid cuz i got a new grphx card for my bday (6 months ago in June) and it was a Nvida 6600 (I thought it wuld be a good grphx card cuz thats what the n00b @ circuit city made it seem) when rly it isn't teh best. + I coulda got it alot cheaper online.

So if i do get a new graphics card and motherboard (which wuld be my only present) getting a new comp all together is totally out of the question.

XxnickpwnsxX

XxnickpwnsxX

teh_haxerer

• Members
  • 1,380 posts
  • xfire:XxnickpwnsxX
  • Interests:Gaming.
  • Wii:1022457914764821
ur comp doesnt have yo rub the card in SLI mode, it will work good if u install it and hook it up my mobo aint SLI ready and it runs fine

TEB

TEB
  • Members
  • 2,905 posts
  • xfire:techieelite
  • Interests:Computers
dude the 6600 really isnt that bad a card?

IA-HonersStodnt

IA-HonersStodnt
  • Banned
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Programming, paintball, sex
give us the exact specs on your computer, and we can recommend a motherboard for you. also, because you didnt buy your computer seperately, if you replaced your motherboard you may need to buy a complete version of windows. This would mean you would have to format your hard drive, and then install windows fresh on it.

KillaKid

KillaKid
  • GA Private
  • 481 posts
Okay. There was this program I remember it started with an S or something that tells you your computer specs COMPLETLY. I forgot the program. But to the best of my knowledge this is my specs.
PS - The only reason I said that 6600 wans't a "good" graphics card is because now they have these freakin 6600GTX w/e thats 10x as better and the same price as my current one.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHZ (I think I have 2 CPU's cuz thats what dxdiag says)
1.5 GB of RAM. I know that my 1 Gig stick is a Kingston I don't know what the other 512 is (because that was my default RAM)
Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit Sound Card
EVGA Nvidia E-Geforce 6600 Graphics Card.
200 GB Hard-Drive

Purified

Purified
  • Members
  • 199 posts
All i got to say is ITS NOT THE BEST even my new PC im getting isnt but its not half bad and will work for the games out now. All i can say is that you should get Saphire GeForce 6800. The 6600 is a decent card but your not going to get max settings with it. Your ok where your at just ask for a new Graphix card for christmas or better yet... MONEY!!

AMD Athlon 3700+ SD
ASUS A8N-SLI
GeForce 6800gs
1gig Corsair
80gig Western Digi

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
check t3h manual.
IPB Image

Dthrax

Dthrax
  • GA Private
  • 4 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:186
Sony VGC-RB30

Since your using a Sony I doubt the case will take most standard ATX cases. The board doesn't support SLI, but you only really need it of your going to get two 7800 GTs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users