Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Live Stream Faqs

* * * * * 1 votes live streams stream

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale

babe on patrol *whip*

• Retired Staff
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:counterstrike, cosplay, stuff and things.
  • Steam ID:xxfemmefatalexx
  • Gamer Army ID:312

Hey everyone! Here are some FAQ's that you should look over before you ask questions to the PP crew, as these are asked very often! 

Thanks a ton for hanging out with us on the streams! 

Link to stream!
 http://www.twitch.tv...lmaoproductions

Common FAQs

Can I still donate to the Pure Pwnage Movie through Indiegogo.com?

• The Indiegogo campaign has ended, however you can pledge to us directly via Paypal and receive the same perks.  Please email noobstore@purepwnage.com for more information.

(NEW)
I've moved since I contributed to the campaign, how do I update my address? 

• Send an email to noobstore@purepwnage.com with your full name, previous address and new address and we'll take care of the rest

Other Noobstore questions

When will I receive my pledge reward?

• Scripts, DVDs, Cast Photos, etc., will be mailed out following the release of the official DVD of the film.  The date of release will depend on the distribution plan which will not be finalized until post production (winter 2013/2014).

Can I make an additional pledge and receive a higher tier reward?

• Yes, we will sum your pledges and provide the appropriate reward.  Please emailnoobstore@purepwnage.com with the subject “MOAR MONEY!1” (or similar) following any additional pledge(s).

Will Miranda/Anastasia/Tagi be in the movie?

• We plan to have Miranda in the movie.

Will Kris (spelling?) be in the movie?

• Plans for ‘Kris’ are still up in the air, but we haven’t ruled out the possibility.

Will Dave be in the movie?

• We’re trying our best to get Dave in the movie, he’s a very busy guy.  We think it would be absolutely epic to have him back!

Will FPS Doug be in the movie?

• Yes.

What games will you play in the movie?

• Only awesome games.  We’re talking to game publishers about licensing their footage for use in the film.  Unfortunately some game publishers might not get back to us or say no when we ask to use their awesome game.  We’re confident we can get enough games in the movie to make it awesome.

When will the movie come out?

• There’s no exact release date this early on. We are aiming for winter 2013 or early in the year of 2014.

Will there be be theatre premiere, showings?

• Unfortunately, it’s a bit too early to say and this is something we won't know for a long time. Ideally, we would like a nice place to premiere like Cannes or Toronto Film Festival. We will do our own if these places don’t work out. England and Australia hosted our two biggest screenings ever, so we would love to go back there.

Is the movie a reboot of the web series, or continuing where it left off?

• It will continue the web series in real time. The last episode of the web series was in 2008, the movie will take place in 2013.

Is the movie going to contain the secret Gamer Army plot lines or will it be like the TV show in terms of its strictly documentary theme? (overall plot)

• There are no plans to include Teh Masterer or the gamer army plot lines.

Where will the movie be filmed?

• Mostly in Ontario, Canada, however we plan to make International trips to spice up our locations

(NEW) An update on the announcer pack - price?

• We have finished recording and just have to cut and clean it up and send to valve. Unsure of the price right now.

Why was the TV series so different from the web series?

• Web series and television are very different art forms.  TV typically requires a very rigid story structure for each episode. The writing process was very different when we made the TV series, the scripts on the web series were very loose and organic.  The TV series was not directed by Geoff.  Having 35 people standing around a set filming you is quite a different experience from two or three people filming in your actual apartment and it will produce different results.

What companies, if any, are sponsoring PP?

Will there be any micro battles?

• There are no plans to include micro battles in the PP movie.

Will you guys be using some of the old music or composing a new score/soundtrack?

• Will have new music along with some remakes of the old songs!

(NEW) How can I get more updates about Pure Pwnage and from the cast and crew?

What do you think of the fighting game genre?

• Jarett: It used to be a favorite genre of mine, but the fun relied heavily on friends being in the same room to play it with.  Now I’m old and lonely and it’s just not as enjoyable as an online experience for me today.

Why do you like League of Legends so much?  What do you think about it vs. DotA 2/HoN/etc...

• We’ve only played DotA a few times so we don’t know enough about it to make a proper comparison.  Both games are amazing.  The number one complaint we hear about LoL is that it is not as good as DotA.  LoL is awesome just like a smoked meat sandwich is awesome, but if DotA is a bacon sandwich we’re still gonna like smoked meat.

What games are you into right now?

• Jarett: League of Legends (PC), Minecraft (PC)

• Geoff: LoL, also playing through Torchlight 2

• Joel: BlackOps2, Antichamber, Tomb Raider, Minecraft and Mark of the Ninja

Favourite game of all time?

• Jarett: Street Fighter 2 (Arcade), Dragon Warrior (NES), F-Zero (SNES/N64/GC), Super Mario World (SNES), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), Tetris DS (NDS), Ultima Online (*1997-2000 only) (PC), Starcraft: Brood War (PC), Command & Conquer: Generals (PC)

• Geoff: Civ II, Master of Orion 2, Fallout 3, Dune 2 (the original RTS), Command and Conquer Generals.

• Joel: Joel: Grand Turismo 1 on Playstation, Army Ops (America's Army) and the original Everquest

Fav book of all time

• Geoff: Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman! By Richard P. Feynman
  • Jarett: Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
  • Joel: Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut

What do you guys think of Video Game High School?

• Jarett: It’s extremely impressive considering the budget they had.  I watch a lot of their weekly Youtube videos (freddiew channel) and I’m constantly amazed by what they can pull off, often rivalling multi-million dollar Hollywood FX.

How do you become an intern?

• If you’re good at editing, email noobschoolbus@purepwnage.com and send your resume and editing reel.  If you’re good at something else and see an opportunity to help out send us a demo of your work.

What does Geoff use for editing?

• Geoff:  I use Adobe Premier on my PC.

Zombicus

Zombicus

Mr. Body Massage Machine

• Administrators
  • 915 posts
  • Steam ID:zombicus
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zombicus
  • Gamer Army ID:3067
  • Company:Echo

I was hoping someone would make this! Thanks Femmefatale!

conrad500

conrad500
  • GA Private
  • 43 posts
  • xfire:Conrad500
  • Interests:Being awesome
  • Steam ID:Conrad500
  • Xbox / GFWL:Conrad5oo
  • Gamer Army ID:2557

Why must they stream when I'm always at work T~T

www.twitch.tv/conrad500
Streaming every day 8PM CST

Philocrates

Philocrates
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Philocrates

There is a question I have asked in each of the streams I've managed to catch(About three since they started) and is never answered.

Is the Gamer Army ever going to be opened back up? I always wanted to join but never did and would like to now. :c

Guess I'll keep trying until I get a answer.

Zombicus

Zombicus

Mr. Body Massage Machine

• Administrators
  • 915 posts
  • Steam ID:zombicus
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zombicus
  • Gamer Army ID:3067
  • Company:Echo
There is a question I have asked in each of the streams I've managed to catch(About three since they started) and is never answered.

Is the Gamer Army ever going to be opened back up? I always wanted to join but never did and would like to now. :c

Guess I'll keep trying until I get a answer.

This isn't an exact answer, but during his AMA, I asked if we can expect to see the Gamer Army Spec Ops ARG revived at some point. His answer was "That's not in the plans, so I wouldn't get hopes up, but it's not off the table either." So, take from that what you will.

If I were you, I'd hold on to your question for the next time they do questions over Teamspeak. For me, the Gamer Army was more about the ARG when I wasn't gaming with the members involved. Fond memories.

hackgrid

hackgrid
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Will Melanie/October be a part of the new movie?

tomastaz

tomastaz
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:tomastaz
  • Steam ID:tomastaz
  • PSN:Tomastaz_00

What about SC2? Has Jarett forsaken SC2? You were great as a host/analysis guy at all those events </3

Also, holy crap haven't logged into this account in years and years o.O

cheesebandan

cheesebandan
  • GA Corporal
  • 218 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:156
No more micro battles :(
GA #156

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
No more micro battles :(

good, imo

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102

Well, i think it's good and bad. It is good in the sense that it gave the show a 'power ranger' feel. Very silly and fun, but a bit guilty of a pleasure. It really could do without the micro battles to make the show more accessible to noobs.

That being said, during the web series it was building up to some sort of 'event unknown'. Doug was in the storage facility with the Agents and they gave him that Super Scope. The masterer was very much a player in some overall story arc that would eventually unfold. It seemed to be building up to some kind of conflict or even micro battle. To abandon that story line without so much as a nod or explanation, I feel would be the bad.

thoughts?

Tony the Gamer Dad

Tony the Gamer Dad
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Well, i think it's good and bad. It is good in the sense that it gave the show a 'power ranger' feel. Very silly and fun, but a bit guilty of a pleasure. It really could do without the micro battles to make the show more accessible to noobs.

That being said, during the web series it was building up to some sort of 'event unknown'. Doug was in the storage facility with the Agents and they gave him that Super Scope. The masterer was very much a player in some overall story arc that would eventually unfold. It seemed to be building up to some kind of conflict or even micro battle. To abandon that story line without so much as a nod or explanation, I feel would be the bad.

thoughts?

I agree. They need to at least address the elephant in the room, although I would prefer to see micro battle myself. I doubt the movie will draw in many new fans, so why not cater to the old ones?

Flamb

Flamb
  • Members
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:Music, IT, games

I doubt the movie will draw in many new fans, so why not cater to the old ones?

That is the realistic point of view, but who knows...

I think, that PP still has the potential to lure more new people to it's fanbase.

That being said, I think that the movie will need a huge medial support - LAN events and tournaments.

teh_Elderer

teh_Elderer
  • Members
  • 634 posts

thoughts?

I Completely Agree Toker.  They need to address it somehow. It didn't go away even when Doug and Jeremy became "friends" again because his shirt was still black during the poker scene (which was completely intentional.) so what happened? if we are going back into the world of the web series, some loose ends need to be tied up for it to make any sense to us and there are many ways of doing it.

that being said, the tv webisodes ignorded it, the TV show ignored it, the episode 19 footage ignored it. the movie will probably ignore it.  i'll tell you this, I care more about what happened with the story line of the web series than i do with what Jeremy is doing today, years later years after something big happened.  

Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy

buRton

buRton
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:flipkipje

I'd like to see micro battles too, but it probably won't happen. Maybe a good way to handle this is to have Jeremy have dreams about the micro battle storyline.

People who are new to PP can interpret them as just dreams, and the rest of us can interpret it as flashbacks.

Tony the Gamer Dad

Tony the Gamer Dad
  • Members
  • 113 posts

I'd like to see micro battles too, but it probably won't happen. Maybe a good way to handle this is to have Jeremy have dreams about the micro battle storyline.

People who are new to PP can interpret them as just dreams, and the rest of us can interpret it as flashbacks.

Great idea! Do it Jarett!

Flamb

Flamb
  • Members
  • 515 posts

I still don't get, why are people so much against micro battles? 

Mysticman89

Mysticman89
  • GA Private
  • 180 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3030
  • Company:Charlie

The universe without micro-battles one could potentially believe is 'real', since I'm sure most of us really have met a 'jeremy' in RL, and so it could be considered a reality/documentry sort of format.

Micro-battles on the other hand take us into clear fantasy territory. It's not that the fantasy of micro-battles is inherently bad, it's just not necessarily the genre that works best.

Flamb

Flamb
  • Members
  • 515 posts

I understand, but would you like to watch over and over again a documentary about a gamer that talks smack about his brother? :)

I think, that the fantasy factor is necessary for the show, so it freshens up a bit.

buRton

buRton
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:flipkipje

The micro-battles have always been (or mostly, anyway) in "out-of-documentary" cutscenes, so they could definitely be interpreted as fantasy-sequences. That style could work well in a movie, imo. The dream sequences in the TV series worked well in the same way.

It's always been an integral part of PP to me, anyway.

Poodle

Poodle
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Gamezzzz

Looking forward to it! I really hope Blizzard agrees to let SC2 be used and Dave finds the time to show us he's awesome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: live streams, stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users