Hey everyone! Here are some FAQ's that you should look over before you ask questions to the PP crew, as these are asked very often!
Thanks a ton for hanging out with us on the streams!
Link to stream!
Can I still donate to the Pure Pwnage Movie through Indiegogo.com?
- The Indiegogo campaign has ended, however you can pledge to us directly via Paypal and receive the same perks. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You can review a list of available perks on the archived Indiegogo page:http://www.indiegogo.com/purepwnage
I've moved since I contributed to the campaign, how do I update my address?
- Send an email to email@example.com with your full name, previous address and new address and we'll take care of the rest
Other Noobstore questions
- Please see Noobstore FAQ! http://noobstore.com/faq.shtml
When will I receive my pledge reward?
- Scripts, DVDs, Cast Photos, etc., will be mailed out following the release of the official DVD of the film. The date of release will depend on the distribution plan which will not be finalized until post production (winter 2013/2014).
Can I make an additional pledge and receive a higher tier reward?
- Yes, we will sum your pledges and provide the appropriate reward. Please firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “MOAR MONEY!1” (or similar) following any additional pledge(s).
Will Miranda/Anastasia/Tagi be in the movie?
- We plan to have Miranda in the movie.
Will Kris (spelling?) be in the movie?
- Plans for ‘Kris’ are still up in the air, but we haven’t ruled out the possibility.
Will Dave be in the movie?
- We’re trying our best to get Dave in the movie, he’s a very busy guy. We think it would be absolutely epic to have him back!
Will FPS Doug be in the movie?
What games will you play in the movie?
- Only awesome games. We’re talking to game publishers about licensing their footage for use in the film. Unfortunately some game publishers might not get back to us or say no when we ask to use their awesome game. We’re confident we can get enough games in the movie to make it awesome.
When will the movie come out?
- There’s no exact release date this early on. We are aiming for winter 2013 or early in the year of 2014.
Will there be be theatre premiere, showings?
- Unfortunately, it’s a bit too early to say and this is something we won't know for a long time. Ideally, we would like a nice place to premiere like Cannes or Toronto Film Festival. We will do our own if these places don’t work out. England and Australia hosted our two biggest screenings ever, so we would love to go back there.
Is the movie a reboot of the web series, or continuing where it left off?
- It will continue the web series in real time. The last episode of the web series was in 2008, the movie will take place in 2013.
Is the movie going to contain the secret Gamer Army plot lines or will it be like the TV show in terms of its strictly documentary theme? (overall plot)
- There are no plans to include Teh Masterer or the gamer army plot lines.
Where will the movie be filmed?
- Mostly in Ontario, Canada, however we plan to make International trips to spice up our locations
(NEW) An update on the announcer pack - price?
- We have finished recording and just have to cut and clean it up and send to valve. Unsure of the price right now.
Why was the TV series so different from the web series?
- Web series and television are very different art forms. TV typically requires a very rigid story structure for each episode. The writing process was very different when we made the TV series, the scripts on the web series were very loose and organic. The TV series was not directed by Geoff. Having 35 people standing around a set filming you is quite a different experience from two or three people filming in your actual apartment and it will produce different results.
What companies, if any, are sponsoring PP?
- Razer hooked us up with some pro gear for our streams -http://www.razerzone.com
Will there be any micro battles?
- There are no plans to include micro battles in the PP movie.
Will you guys be using some of the old music or composing a new score/soundtrack?
- Will have new music along with some remakes of the old songs!
(NEW) How can I get more updates about Pure Pwnage and from the cast and crew?
- You can like us on Facebook, follow our official twitter account, as well as Geoff, Jarett, Joel, Miranda, and our Intern - Femme (chickenman) for more PP updates and stream announcements
What do you think of the fighting game genre?
- Jarett: It used to be a favorite genre of mine, but the fun relied heavily on friends being in the same room to play it with. Now I’m old and lonely and it’s just not as enjoyable as an online experience for me today.
Why do you like League of Legends so much? What do you think about it vs. DotA 2/HoN/etc...
- We’ve only played DotA a few times so we don’t know enough about it to make a proper comparison. Both games are amazing. The number one complaint we hear about LoL is that it is not as good as DotA. LoL is awesome just like a smoked meat sandwich is awesome, but if DotA is a bacon sandwich we’re still gonna like smoked meat.
What games are you into right now?
- Jarett: League of Legends (PC), Minecraft (PC)
- Geoff: LoL, also playing through Torchlight 2
- Joel: BlackOps2, Antichamber, Tomb Raider, Minecraft and Mark of the Ninja
Favourite game of all time?
- Jarett: Street Fighter 2 (Arcade), Dragon Warrior (NES), F-Zero (SNES/N64/GC), Super Mario World (SNES), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), Tetris DS (NDS), Ultima Online (*1997-2000 only) (PC), Starcraft: Brood War (PC), Command & Conquer: Generals (PC)
- Geoff: Civ II, Master of Orion 2, Fallout 3, Dune 2 (the original RTS), Command and Conquer Generals.
- Joel: Joel: Grand Turismo 1 on Playstation, Army Ops (America's Army) and the original Everquest
Fav book of all time
- Geoff: Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman! By Richard P. Feynman
- Jarett: Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
- Joel: Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
What do you guys think of Video Game High School?
- Jarett: It’s extremely impressive considering the budget they had. I watch a lot of their weekly Youtube videos (freddiew channel) and I’m constantly amazed by what they can pull off, often rivalling multi-million dollar Hollywood FX.
How do you become an intern?
- If you’re good at editing, email email@example.com and send your resume and editing reel. If you’re good at something else and see an opportunity to help out send us a demo of your work.
What does Geoff use for editing?
- Geoff: I use Adobe Premier on my PC.