Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"continue": An Unofficial Pure Pwnage Sequel Series

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach
  • Steam ID:Spookycupcakes
Hello PP forum, it's been a while.

I used to frequent the board as the dreaded "Tyler1451", I am deeply regretful for every single one of my posts under that moniker. However, onwards and upwards.

It's almost 4 years to the day since we last saw the web series. And in that four years I've been tinkering with the idea, on and off, to make a fan series set in the universe of the web show. After being in somewhat moderate contact with Davin and Geoff, I've decided to go through with it (and Davin's kind of excited, Geoff's a bit apprehensive, though). Here is the Concept trailer (displaying the overall tone of this series):

Proof of concept teaser

The show takes place four years after the web series ended, it's set in the same universe. And it centralizes on an (as-of-yet undecided) group of ex-members of the now-defunct Gamer Army, forced to get back into the world of Uber-Micro and Pwnage after so many years. The reason the GA became disbanded was due to the mysterious "Event", a point in time which caused the disappearances of Teh_Pwnerer, Teh_Masterer, Kyle, FPS_Doug, Dave, etc, etc some months after Just The Guys Pt 2 was uploaded.
It's very much a mystery series, it will still be in mockumentary style. Try to think LOST meets Marble Hornets with Pure Pwnage lore. That doesn't mean there won't be comedy or lightheartedness. I just want to make clear that this won't try to rip off Pure Pwnage; This'll take it in a whole other direction.

I have most of the series planned out, I've contacted forum veteran and all around nice guy JeffTheWorld about doing the music for the series, I have potential actors, props, equipment. But what I need is you.

I want to involve the PP community in this project. I don't want this to be a fan-series, I want this to be a fans-series, the PP fans, who long for more from the PP universe.

I would love to have some other forum veterans to play themselves and weave them into the narrative, giving the community a chance to be revived. It would be nice to bring PP back, but, in my mind, it would be nicer to bring back this great community. I've been getting interest and good feedback from the PP crew who's seen it thus far. Filming for the show will be in Toronto, Oakville and possibly Hamilton.

If you're in that area, or you're better connected to the original cast and crew than I am, and you're interested in helping out, you can add me on skype at Tyler1451, or tweet me @Tylerhallkuch.

And if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please ask, tell, or yell, respectively. Thank you for your time, I look forward to your input.

Update: There's a Facebook page where all future news will be posted there as well

Edited by Spookycupcakes, 26 August 2012 - 11:36 AM.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
The underlying premise sounds interesting and looks good; Assuming you can get the support you need, I'm sure what's left of the community will support it icon_smile.gif

Just make sure you don't feel you have to listen to everything anyone says. You being the writer/director will have a better idea of where you want the story to go icon_wink.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
If you execute it well it could be pretty good.

You seem to have changed a lot Tyler1451, I remember when you were the villian around here.

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Aug 23 2012, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you execute it well it could be pretty good.

You seem to have changed a lot Tyler1451, I remember when you were the villian around here.

Thanks, I have a fleeting idea of making a version of me as a supporting character, someone who changed from an annoying forum shitposter into a cold reserved ex-soldier-with-shell-shock type because of the "Event". I don't know, that's something I'd need advice for.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Oh shi-.. I bet a lot of users here have had a similar idea but haven't had a way to make it work

I'm interested to see where this will go icon_smile.gif

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
Thanks Nevermore!

slight update:
Jefftheworld is currently brainstorming music ideas and special effects, He's much more into this idea than I previously suspected, and I'm ecstatic to hear it!

If anybody can get a hold of ex-forum members who you think would be interested in helping, give them a shout!

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,595 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Yeah, sounds interesting. Continuing PP but not continuing PP. Best Idea I've heard thus far! I'm far away from Canada so I won't be much help but I'll watch! icon_smile.gif
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
Currently trying to get a hold of Jarett. Hopefully I'll be able to, somehow

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Host a charity gaming event

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
A former ANONYMOUS cast member is going to discuss it with him or at least bring it up to him at this year's FanExpo which is happening today through Monday, I believe. We'll see where this goes...

Edited by Spookycupcakes, 23 August 2012 - 07:06 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Spookycupcakes @ Aug 23 2012, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ANONYMOUS cast member

it's so blatantly obvious that it's Joel that I shouldn't even have to point this out.

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 23 2012, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's so blatantly obvious that it's Joel that I shouldn't even have to point this out.

:3

teh_Elderer

teh_Elderer
  • Members
  • 634 posts
To be completely honest, I'd be real disappointed if Jarret gave his blessing Because it seams to cut Jarrett's story line off at the knees. UNLESS Jarrett is willing to share with you the story arch that would have happened as as way of embedding it into your concept. that way we would get the best of both worlds. closure to season two and the Universe's continuation on a separate path.

if Jarett will not share the information, the "event" should be kept secret to preserve cannon. That way Jarrett's story can still be told at some point. maybe that's what you already have in mind...

Kudo's to you for wanting to keep this alive!

Edit:
You have me thinking (dangerous) maybe Jarret is willing to through out a few clues for you to explore in your series (as the gamer army would). I mean, it's what we have been doing for the last four years right? Wondering what would have happened.

Edited by teh_Elderer, 24 August 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (teh_Elderer @ Aug 24 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be completely honest, I'd be real disappointed if Jarret gave his blessing Because it seams to cut Jarrett's story line off at the knees. UNLESS Jarrett is willing to share with you the story arch that would have happened as as way of embedding it into your concept. that way we would get the best of both worlds. closure to season two and the Universe's continuation on a separate path.

if Jarett will not share the information, the "event" should be kept secret to preserve cannon. That way Jarrett's story can still be told at some point. maybe that's what you already have in mind...

Kudo's to you for wanting to keep this alive!

How are you able to read minds so well? That's exactly what my intention was, and then that's exactly what my backup was. Kudos to YOU.

teh_Elderer

teh_Elderer
  • Members
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (Spookycupcakes @ Aug 24 2012, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are you able to read minds so well? That's exactly what my intention was, and then that's exactly what my backup was. Kudos to YOU.

LOL, Great minds think alike. sorry if it made you jump the gun. I really think the community could get behind that.
Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
I really love this idea, and I went ahead and sent you a skype invite. I see you got your music covered, but if you'd like more for variety, I do a lot of music for all kinds of stuff, mostly intense orchestra and electronic. I also do sound design, dialogue cleaning and other stuff. I'd also love to help shoot this thing, but for that to happen I'd need some money for travel but we should definitely have a kickstarter or something to fund this.

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (embroisured @ Aug 25 2012, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really love this idea, and I went ahead and sent you a skype invite. I see you got your music covered, but if you'd like more for variety, I do a lot of music for all kinds of stuff, mostly intense orchestra and electronic. I also do sound design, dialogue cleaning and other stuff. I'd also love to help shoot this thing, but for that to happen I'd need some money for travel but we should definitely have a kickstarter or something to fund this.

The more music, the better. Jeff's an excellent, excellent chiptune artist but I don't know if he could to traditional orchestral type pieces. Regardless, I won't say no to having more than one musician. And sound design would be great, as well as dialogue cleaning, those are two things I'd definitely need.
And if you can get up here, then for sure.

As for a Kickstarter, I'd really like to wait a bit down the road. I'm on the fence about Kickstarter/Indiegogo since I haven't got word back from Jarett, Geoff's very adamant in letting me know that this won't be official, and we don't have much to give to contributors (or at least I can't think of anything). I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes right away, so I'll wait until Jarett gets wind of the idea and we can have a discussion over it.

You see, the problem is that Geoff and Jarett both own half of PP, so unless Geoff decides to stop making Space Janitors or his other projects (which won't happen), PP will never return. Jarett is still very interested in continuing the series, so perhaps when I approach him with the idea, I'll get a more enthused response. That's kind of what spawned this, the idea of a sequel series is so fascinating because it's not directly PP so Jarett could be in it or help out all he wants.

Edited by Spookycupcakes, 25 August 2012 - 11:23 AM.

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
I think this could be a way to continue the series, especially if Jarrett was in it and the story and filming were done well enough.

Geoff needs to stop being a dickhole and let his half of PP "ownage" go, becaue at the current time there isn't much to own!

Since you have spoken to Davin and Geoff, have you been able to get any information about them (and / or Jarrett or FPS Doug) letting us see the video that was shot for episode 19, and what its storyline may have been?

Spookycupcakes

Spookycupcakes
  • Members
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (McStupid1 @ Aug 25 2012, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since you have spoken to Davin and Geoff, have you been able to get any information about them (and / or Jarrett or FPS Doug) letting us see the video that was shot for episode 19, and what its storyline may have been?

No, sorry. I wasn't even aware such footage was shot.

Also, Geoff's not being a dickhole, he just doesn't want to give up the creative rights to something that is still his baby as much as it is Jarett's. I have a feeling that if he weren't busy on other projects, he'd have little problem collaborating with us to help with the series.

SupremoPete

SupremoPete
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:All things gaming!
  • Steam ID:SupremoPete
I would love for this to happen and hope it does. Good luck icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users