Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pathetic Lives Of Gamers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

DragonPooFlinger

DragonPooFlinger
  • Members
  • 11 posts
A friend recommended this book, The Gamer's Sex Guide, a few weeks ago. I broke up with my girlfriend (hopefully a temporary thing) and decided to read this $3 book, and I thought of this site for obvious reasons. Well, I enjoyed myself, even though it only took me like two or three hours to get through. The first few chapters are funny in an inane kind of way, but the latter ones are actually thought provoking, which I really wasn't expecting. The Amazon page says the book only came out like a month ago but I wouldn't have heard about it unless a friend had told me about it. For the price of a comic book, you can do way worse.

Oh yeah, here's the lawl-worthy cover. It's not exactly subtle, is it?

Btw, I used to watch PP back in high school, and I'm bummed out like everyone else that they haven't released new episodes in forever.

Edited by DragonPooFlinger, 13 August 2012 - 12:18 PM.

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,576 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Wow, I almost thought you were a spambot. Cool-looking book. I'll hafta check it.
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

DragonPooFlinger

DragonPooFlinger
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Sorry to disappoint! No, I'm not a bot. I just enjoyed (most of) this book, and I figured you guys might want to take a look.

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,631 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
QUOTE (DragonPooFlinger @ Aug 13 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to disappoint! No, I'm not a bot. I just enjoyed (most of) this book, and I figured you guys might want to take a look.

You were wrong.
Gamers lives aren't 'pathetic'.

Women often try to belittle men and boys who game, because men and boys who game are exercising independence and not dedicating their life to serving THEIR needs.
Just as the pill freed women to have sex when they want, gaming offers men an alternative to the boredom/lust/insanity that draws them to women.

Gaming and a healthy sex life are not mutually exclusive but serious gaming requires srs attention and money, that might otherwise be wasted on a girl for an hour or two of sex every other night (or week if unlucky) and many hours of emotionally unstable females having tantrums.

We don't need women.
They however, DO need men.

Link me to a book on the 'Pathetic Lives of Slutwalk Marching Girls' and at least I'll have something to laugh at.

Edited by MaxDamage, 13 August 2012 - 10:10 PM.

UUr16xn.png
I don't need tattoos to look hard. I AM hard.

DragonPooFlinger

DragonPooFlinger
  • Members
  • 11 posts
MaxDamage, that's exactly one of the reasons gaming lacks any sort of mainstream respect. I don't know if that's your actual belief or just staying in some type of PP character for these forums, but I really wasn't expecting something so overtly sexist. It's almost like I'm on Xbox Live or something.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
lol. Welcome to xbox live.

3 dollar book that can be read in 3 hours? Sounds like the book for me.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

belthagor

belthagor
  • Members
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:favorite anime: Chaos: Head
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ Aug 13 2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I almost thought you were a spambot. Cool-looking book. I'll hafta check it.

orangei.gif

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

• GA Private
  • 3,631 posts
QUOTE (DragonPooFlinger @ Aug 14 2012, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MaxDamage, that's exactly one of the reasons gaming lacks any sort of mainstream respect. I don't know if that's your actual belief or just staying in some type of PP character for these forums, but I really wasn't expecting something so overtly sexist. It's almost like I'm on Xbox Live or something.

The attack on 'pathetic gamers' obviously is sexist.
That's the point.

By mainstream respect you mean 'respect from women'.
Which we really don't give a shit about seeing as how you owe us several thousand years worth, backdated.

If you think what I said is sexist you need to join the goddamn real world.

Edited by MaxDamage, 17 August 2012 - 12:15 AM.

UUr16xn.png

im_ownage_in_arathi_basin

im_ownage_in_arathi_basin
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Would you mind giving us a summary of the main points? I don't really feel like paying 12+ dollars for shipping for a 3 dollar book.

DragonPooFlinger

DragonPooFlinger
  • Members
  • 11 posts
I don't see why you'd have to pay $12 in shipping for an e-book.

Gaming and a healthy sex life are not mutually exclusive but serious gaming requires srs attention and money, that might otherwise be wasted on a girl for an hour or two of sex every other night (or week if unlucky) and many hours of emotionally unstable females having tantrums.

Because that's the only reason people date (for sex). The difference between that book and your post is that the book is a joke, but I think you're nursing some thinly veiled contempt and hurt and believe your philosophy quite earnestly.

Edited by DragonPooFlinger, 17 August 2012 - 12:19 PM.

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

• GA Private
  • 3,631 posts
QUOTE (DragonPooFlinger @ Aug 17 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because that's the only reason people date (for sex). The difference between that book and your post is that the book is a joke, but I think you're nursing some thinly veiled contempt and hurt and believe your philosophy quite earnestly.

What the f*ck tangent are you on?
THE BOOK IS ABOUT SEX LIFE NOT DATING.
MORON.

The book isn't just a 'joke' it's an attack on a lifestyle, predominantly because it is male, using shaming language.

No tolerance for this, not ever.

Fuck feminism.

Edited by MaxDamage, 17 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

UUr16xn.png

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
I can completely agree with either of your sides. What's up with that?

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

DragonPooFlinger

DragonPooFlinger
  • Members
  • 11 posts
What the f*ck tangent are you on?
THE BOOK IS ABOUT SEX LIFE NOT DATING.
MORON.

The book isn't just a 'joke' it's an attack on a lifestyle, predominantly because it is male, using shaming language.

No tolerance for this, not ever.

Fuck feminism.

Well, now I know who would benefit the most from this book. I also like how you censored the first fuck but not the second. Seriously. When you say f*ck, you're putting the word "fuck" into all of our minds, so you might as well just say fuck.

Louis CK Bit

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
I didnt see the use of the word nigger, so you dont get to fling the Louis CK clip around. Besides, thats just inane picking at punctuation and writing styles. It addresses nothing he said. Dont you even bother turning this on me; I didnt even read the entire thread or his post for that matter.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
Who the hell would pay for this? It's 89 pages in Kindle format - you could probably just find it on pastebin and scroll through, I can't even see extracts from the book on Amazon to decide if it's worth my time - even in a real bookstore you have the ability to do that. For inane bullshit, I think I'll google articles and funny gifs of kittens instead, without having any example text to refer to, it seems to directly insult the one demographic here and take a giant leak onto it.

QUOTE (DragonPooFlinger @ Aug 17 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because that's the only reason people date (for sex).

I don't know about that, it completely depends on the person and their orientation/religious background.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (DragonPooFlinger @ Aug 17 2012, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because that's the only reason people date (for sex).

This is completely wrong and extremely stupid.

Only saw the comment now.

DragonPooFlinger

DragonPooFlinger
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Sarcasm. Oh geez.

I didnt see the use of the word fasc's whore, so you dont get to fling the Louis CK clip around.

Same concept, different word. Doesn't have much to do with the OP, but what's the point of censoring one letter when everyone knows exactly what he's talking about? Exactly.

Also, the thread title was a joke. You guys really do act persecuted though with the amount of butthurt I'm witnessing.

Edited by DragonPooFlinger, 21 August 2012 - 12:33 PM.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (DragonPooFlinger @ Aug 21 2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sarcasm. Oh geez.

Same concept, different word. Doesn't have much to do with the OP, but what's the point of censoring one letter when everyone knows exactly what he's talking about? Exactly.

Also, the thread title was a joke. You guys really do act persecuted though with the amount of butthurt I'm witnessing.

But, you lost.

Why are you celebrating a loss?

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,576 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
QUOTE (Spowis @ Aug 20 2012, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who the hell would pay for this? It's 89 pages in Kindle format - you could probably just find it on pastebin and scroll through, I can't even see extracts from the book on Amazon to decide if it's worth my time - even in a real bookstore you have the ability to do that. For inane bullshit, I think I'll google articles and funny gifs of kittens instead, without having any example text to refer to, it seems to directly insult the one demographic here and take a giant leak onto it.

I don't know about that, it completely depends on the person and their orientation/religious background.

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 21 2012, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is completely wrong and extremely stupid.

Only saw the comment now.

Ultimately, this statement is true. We date for sex, regardless or orientation/religious background. The ultimate goal is to find someone who were compatible with and become serious with and/or marry them. And then what do we do? Have sex. What other goal is there? And don't say friendship/companionship or any of that other crap. Sure that's stuff you can experience but it's not what keeps you coming back for more. Dating sucks and if it weren't for the promise of sex, most of us would have given up on that whole scene a long time ago...
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users