Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Don't They Just Have The Comic Finish Up The Series?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
Well? Why not just have the comic continue again except have it begin after the first issue, take place into the second season and have it end it? hell I'm amazed no one made a fan fiction doing that

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
My fan fiction would involve Kris showing up at Cakecom's house at 4 in the morning.

To play some COOP Left 4 Dead obvusly

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,591 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Dude, I'd totally read that! no.gif
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
So why don't the fans make a unofficial ending? You got all the plot points already in place (If it's 12 episodes per season, then season 2 was half way done) You got T-Bag, Doug's whole situation (is he good now? or still on the bad side?) and his War ending weapon, Jeremy life after Tagi, Him training Kris, Kris character arch, The Masterer's training arch, The War arch, Dave's Return. a Mini-Series Comic would be a great way to least give some sorta closure, hell Geoff and Jarret could help to make it official by contributing storylines/character traits to insure the comic doesn't go off on a tangent. Once The comic is finished they could make it an addition to the noob-store, or the site. The likely hood of Pure Pwnage returning in live action form is next to nothing do to the lost of actors, and the separation of people, but a Comic is purely digital, it can be built and shared via email. It would give fans and the series closure. Beats leaving it on a cliff hanger (All the unfinished plot lines).

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,591 posts
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
QUOTE (StrikerZero @ Jul 26 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why don't the fans make a unofficial ending?

Ummm...everyone dies. Good enough? Wow, that was easy!
sigs SUCK!

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ Jul 30 2012, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm...everyone dies. Good enough? Wow, that was easy!

hardy fucking har dick. I mean why couldn't they continue in the comic? All the issues that use to prevent the Web-series from continuing don't apply at all to a digital comic.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (StrikerZero @ Aug 4 2012, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hardy fucking har dick. I mean why couldn't they continue in the comic? All the issues that use to prevent the Web-series from continuing don't apply at all to a digital comic.

Because Jarett and Geoff and Davin would have to come together and organize things. And pay someone to draw the comic. And it would be a crummy way to end something so epic?

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Aug 5 2012, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Jarett and Geoff and Davin would have to come together and organize things. And pay someone to draw the comic. And it would be a crummy way to end something so epic?

Fixed

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Aug 5 2012, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As opposed to living it in it's current unfinished state? Hell I'd prefer animation then just leaving the shit end on a such a unfinished note. Given it's half-way through, seems like a lot of the juicy shit would come up in the later half of the season. Given the fact two of the actors are dead (Both main characters to they respective story arcs), set pieces have been closed down, The actors themselves are aging, The fact they probably don't have the apartment anymore, nearly all the actors have been displaced, and are working other gigs/jobs, including the people who make the soundtrack. It's very unlikely the show can continue in a live action form. I mean shit Firefly used the comic format to flesh out characters they couldn't because of the lack of a second season. But you know what's funny, all you guys bitch about wanting new content, but you wanna reject a some what legitimate (given the circumstances) idea.

but at the end of the day this whole thing died because people couldn't work out they difference, they let a great thing die so instead of being remembered as being one of the better parts of Internet content, they'll just be remembered for never finishing it.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (StrikerZero @ Aug 6 2012, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As opposed to living it in it's current unfinished state? Hell I'd prefer animation then just leaving the shit end on a such a unfinished note. Given it's half-way through, seems like a lot of the juicy shit would come up in the later half of the season. Given the fact two of the actors are dead (Both main characters to they respective story arcs), set pieces have been closed down, The actors themselves are aging, The fact they probably don't have the apartment anymore, nearly all the actors have been displaced, and are working other gigs/jobs, including the people who make the soundtrack. It's very unlikely the show can continue in a live action form. I mean shit Firefly used the comic format to flesh out characters they couldn't because of the lack of a second season. But you know what's funny, all you guys bitch about wanting new content, but you wanna reject a some what legitimate (given the circumstances) idea.

but at the end of the day this whole thing died because people couldn't work out they difference, they let a great thing die so instead of being remembered as being one of the better parts of Internet content, they'll just be remembered for never finishing it.

There's nothing stopping them from doing a 'Shit-hit-the-fan' storyline, where they skip a few (4) years and fill in the missing pieces through other means.

Edited by Original Sin, 06 August 2012 - 03:11 AM.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,591 posts
I absolutely do not want any fan-made "unoffical" ending. If I wanted that I'd do it myself, but I don't and so I haven't...
sigs SUCK!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (StrikerZero @ Aug 6 2012, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did not disagree with your idea.

It's a good idea.

But it's another one that probably wouldn't happen.

The makers of Pure Pwnage don't seem to care anymore.

Not sure when exactly they stopped caring, but it was a while ago.

Aerialslayer

Aerialslayer
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • xfire:Aerialslayer
  • Interests:Gaming, working on my blog, biking, youtubing, and gaming some more!
  • Steam ID:aerialslayer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Aerialslayer
I would want them to end it right. Not in a fan made or a comic they made. I would like to see it as a "Final" episode. Just my opinion though.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Aerialslayer @ Aug 7 2012, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would want them to end it right. Not in a fan made or a comic they made. I would like to see it as a "Final" episode. Just my opinion though.

Well see though

There's a difference between what you want and what is actually in the realm of possibility.

This guy's idea is good, because it's actually in the realm of possibility + would allow us to finally get some closure.

Finishing the series with a full episode isn't possible. It's never going to happen.

WhisperXBA

WhisperXBA
  • Members
  • 29 posts
My offer of $2,000 to cover air fare to bring the principals together stands.

Sorry I can't pay them to like each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users