Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Cheaters Cheat: Aimbots

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Xander756

Xander756
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2
Knowing about the different types of cheats in video games can help gamers to identify and avoid players using them online. With that concept in mind, I started a series on my Xbox 360 column two years ago titled "how cheaters cheat" which thus far has covered lag switches, modding, and specialized turbo controllers. One method of cheating not yet covered in the series is aimbots.

http://www.examiner....s-cheat-aimbots (I reference PP in this article, haha)

Ezekial

Ezekial
  • Members
  • 313 posts
Is bridging the same as lag switch? I knew someone who was really into cheating in halo; he would flip his router on and off to stand by people whenever he was host

Edited by Ezekial, 21 September 2012 - 06:26 AM.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
Good general summery of the subject. Couple of additional points though:

1. Most aimbots have a "smooth aim" feature that makes them look more natural, especially in games / servers that allow spectating.
  2. Most aimbots have the abilty to customise the bots "field of view" (IE how far away from the crosshairs the bot will lock on to) which, if set to a small value (~5 or 10 degrees) and combined with the above, can make them very difficult to distinguish from real players.
  3. Its quite well documented that aimbots actually lead to a degradation in real skill, as muscle memory decays / doesnt develop in the first place, plus the player becomes so accustomed to the aimbot crutch that they stop thinking in other key areas such as tactics.
  4. While a substantial portion of cheaters do so because they are sick of being beaten, just as many do it simply to troll and piss people off. These are usually clearly distinguished by using their aimbot in ways that are clearly obvious (so-called "rage mode"), and also fairly openly admit to what they are doing.
  5. Before considering investing in an aimbot, say this sentance out loud to yourself - "I am willingly giving my credit card details to people who are confessed hackers just so I can beat some pixels on a screen". Let that sentiment sink in for a moment, and then ask yourself just how smart you are really being icon_wink.gif

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Starblaiz @ Sep 26 2012, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  • Before considering investing in an aimbot, say this sentance out loud to yourself - "I am willingly giving my credit card details to people who are confessed hackers just so I can beat some pixels on a screen". Let that sentiment sink in for a moment, and then ask yourself just how smart you are really being icon_wink.gif

It's pretty easy to get some darn good un-detectable hooks for free - Just sayin'.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Sep 25 2012, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty easy to get some darn good un-detectable un-detected hooks for free - Just sayin'.

Fxd. Just sayin' icon_razz.gif

technoblue

technoblue
  • GA Corporal
  • 55 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4089
  • Company:Omicron
Using cheats opens you up to the possibility of trojans and viruses. I always coded mine icon_razz.gif

Some of the guys who write the cheats are fun to chat with and play against, and it's funny to watch them empty servers and see players rage at them on forums. I definitely agree that using them degrades your normal ability because you simply become lazy and don't bother aiming anymore. What is fun is playing against other cheaters with cheats, then some strategy gets involved. It becomes a pschological game too, because you can see each other hiding behind walls and boxes and your waiting to see who will speed out first, if it's allowed. I picture an old western film, tumble weed rolls across as two dudes are ready to kill each other, waiting to see who will draw first. Fun times.

McStupid

McStupid
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I have had a 0.63 KDR in COD MW3 for months. I can't get it any higher and have managed to not let it drop below 0.63 .

MANY are the times I am running around and I see someone and I shoot at him and he shoots at me and my reaction time or aim are just barely slow enough that he gets me before I get him.

After a few months, this gets to be quite pistifying (combination of "pissed off" and some unknown word).

I think I'm giving up MW3 for Halo 4, but I have considered getting some sort of auto-aim cheat because I am sick and tired of just barely losing in 1 on 1 kills like this. It is ri-god-damn-diculous!

What's a good one I can get without providing credit card / atm card numbers? I'd pay by money order if needed. Or a free one?

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (McStupid @ Oct 29 2012, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had a 0.63 KDR in COD MW3

How is that even possible? You can literally just spawn and hold down the trigger in MW3 and get a better k/d than just 0.63, since there's hardly any recoil and the spawning is so messed up you often spawn at the enemies back.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Oct 29 2012, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is that even possible? You can literally just spawn and hold down the trigger in MW3 and get a better k/d than just 0.63, since there's hardly any recoil and the spawning is so messed up you often spawn at the enemies back.

Or maybe there's an actual observable skill gap that some people, like the ones on this forum, are to biased and stubborn to fucking notice.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

McStupid

McStupid
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Yeah. I'd like to think it's a skill thing, but more likely it is reaction time or lag. I see someone, I start shooting at them, THEN they see me and shoot and kill me.

I frequently use the portable radar to get an advantage, and it does let me see them coming, but even then the same thing happens. There has to be a lot of people with auto-aim cheats out there, there's NO WAY someone could run around a corner, jump down some stairs, see me already shooting at them, and they fire off a few shots and I die. This happens a lot.

I usually watch the killcam after I die, and it's not enough that someone sees me and shoots me, but sometimes they have the time to lay down flat on the ground and then start shooting. I've tried that but it takes too long to hit all the needed buttons. Only one extra button, I know, but I have to take my thumb off the controller stick, hit the button, then get back on the stick.

Edited by McStupid, 30 October 2012 - 01:53 AM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (McStupid @ Oct 30 2012, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. I'd like to think it's a skill thing, but more likely it is reaction time or lag. I see someone, I start shooting at them, THEN they see me and shoot and kill me.

I frequently use the portable radar to get an advantage, and it does let me see them coming, but even then the same thing happens. There has to be a lot of people with auto-aim cheats out there, there's NO WAY someone could run around a corner, jump down some stairs, see me already shooting at them, and they fire off a few shots and I die. This happens a lot.

I usually watch the killcam after I die, and it's not enough that someone sees me and shoots me, but sometimes they have the time to lay down flat on the ground and then start shooting. I've tried that but it takes too long to hit all the needed buttons. Only one extra button, I know, but I have to take my thumb off the controller stick, hit the button, then get back on the stick.

No, you just suck.

I haven't played CoD in ages, but I guarantee that i can come back and after a month of practice be back to doing exactly what you're describing.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users