Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Next Pc Case

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • Steam ID:cc_lyger
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sgt Kaz
  • PSN:Kazaii
So basically I am having the most trouble picking out my next PC case, as opposed to any other parts.

It seems that every case I do really love is over priced, where as every case I can settle for has some serious flaws or is just aesthetically unpleasing.

My current case:
HAF 932. It's been a sturdy ass case, providing excellent airflow; However, it's far too open and extremely lacks dust filters on ever aspect of the intake. Making cleaning my PC so necessary and so mind blowing at times. I also don't like the appearance of it anymore.

So now my new case must be:

-Full Tower
-Dust Filters
-Perfectly fit the size of my 6990, new Asus board Z77 (sabertooth I think i'll go with) and my Corsair HX1000
-Look decent (black or silver finish preferred)
-Provide great cooling without being extremely loud

This time around, I'm not going to use air cooling to cool my processor. I'm gonna use a corsair H80 or H100, depending on the case.

My main contender (not considering price):
http://www.canadacom...;item_id=044709
Cosmos II

The case looks gorgeous (I'm not into the water cooled side panel glowing type of cases), imo, and it's huge. Another plus, in my books. It literally has all the features I want and does them all well. This comes with all the fans I need and can easily be modified to fit my build exactly, for no extra cost.

Other contender (reasonable price)
http://ncix.com/prod.....ractal Design
Fractal XL

Basically this case has all the features I need. It's also just about half price (when the other case is on sale.. lol). The problem with this case is that it's cable management is a little odd. They don't include an extension for the 8-pin adapter way at the top (I won't be able to reach without it) like the Cosmos II has. My HX1000 should also be too long for the opening where the cables will go thru, meaning I will have to bend them back before they go out, if I use the opening (why wouldn't I?). That's kind of stupid. The biggest loss is the lack off fans included and overall airflow experience without them. I also read that the whole 'noise cancelling' build doesn't really work unless you have a quiet system to begin with.

Other than that, the Fractal XL is a beautiful case with a very minimalism yet sexy look. I love the front panel, and I enjoy the different colours available.

Please recommend me some cases after seeing how picky I am.

Please do not recommend me NZXT cases, they are seriously disgusting looking.

Basically I acknowledge that the Cosmos II is EXTREMELY overpriced and I'm hoping that someone can find something similar to the two for the price of the Fractal XL, without the few flaws or with benefits that make up for it.
!~Orky's BF~!
%~Original_Sin's Best Friend~%
^~Byak's nemesis~^
*~The only person who thinks CakeCom is good looking~*
$~Jaylew likes me~$
@~Best Wardrobe October 2012~@
)~Greatest King of Jerusalem all years~(

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Your case doesn't matter.

Make it out of fucking legos, or throw your PC in an NES case.

Why do people give a shit about this shit?

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jul 7 2012, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your case doesn't matter.

Make it out of fucking legos, or throw your PC in an NES case.

Why do people give a shit about this shit?

=\

I'm going to make a lego case for my raspberry pi, my expensive machine; However, needs a little more accommodation.

I would use a Snes case ... but my 6990 is too large :'( (also my system would overheat.

!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
So use an Atari case or something.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jul 7 2012, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So use an Atari case or something.

lol (lol)
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I don't get it.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
I've got a lot of love for the Fractal Designs cases. Really really sturdy and well built and I love the clean minimalist look to them too. I'm not too fussed about side panel windows and glowing lights and whatnot, I just want my case to have good airflow, be quiet, and to not allow any dust in, where possible. The Fractal cases, that I've seen/used, tick all of those boxes.

If you ever did change your mind and decide that you want a window, btw, they have just brought out a side panel with a window for the R3 cases (which is the one I use). icon_smile.gif

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jul 8 2012, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it.

Basically your trolling is so unfunny and annoying I'd rather not feed it for one thread.

QUOTE (j type @ Jul 8 2012, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got a lot of love for the Fractal Designs cases. Really really sturdy and well built and I love the clean minimalist look to them too. I'm not too fussed about side panel windows and glowing lights and whatnot, I just want my case to have good airflow, be quiet, and to not allow any dust in, where possible. The Fractal cases, that I've seen/used, tick all of those boxes.

If you ever did change your mind and decide that you want a window, btw, they have just brought out a side panel with a window for the R3 cases (which is the one I use). icon_smile.gif

I like the R3 but a mid-sized case wouldn't fit, or would be too tight, for my 6990. I don't want a window case because I'm not showing off my components/glowing effects. It's a piece of sexy furniture that will remain under my desk. Not a sci-fi prop.

I think I'm definitely leaning towards the XL now, because even with modification, the price will be very cheap in comparison to the Cosmos II.

!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
Yup, wasn't suggesting that you go for the R3, just saying that based on my experience, that range of cases seems to be a good option for you.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Jul 8 2012, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, wasn't suggesting that you go for the R3, just saying that based on my experience, that range of cases seems to be a good option for you.

I do enjoy the XL. It's just going to need a lot more work to make it a perfect fit for my system vs the Cosmos II. I think I will make my purchase next month and I will go with the XL, based on how I am leaning right now.
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
I don't like fractal cases because there is nothing fractal about them. They're probably the least fractalesque cases around. SEMANTICS MATTER IN MY PURCHASING DECISION!

I liked the case Jeff Atwood picked out if price isn't an issue for you.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jul 17 2012, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't like fractal cases because there is nothing fractal about them. They're probably the least fractalesque cases around. SEMANTICS MATTER IN MY PURCHASING DECISION!

I liked the case Jeff Atwood picked out if price isn't an issue for you.

I do like the look of it and its the same price, and half the price of the cosmos ii
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
The new R4 is looking pretty good actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users