Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Still Don't Understand

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Xander756

Xander756
  • Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2
I still don't understand why this show and this site are dead. What are Jarrett and Geoff doing now? I originally thought the webseries was put "on hold" because they were doing a real TV show now. Whatever happened to that though? It's had one season and not a second as far as I know. Shouldn't they have come back to the webseries if the show was not renewed?

This thing used to be huge in its heyday and it was only growing bigger and bigger as time went on. Now it's completely dead? It just doesn't make sense. Why?

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
As near as I can tell, first Jarrett got all depressed because a friend of his died, then Troy (T-Bag) died right after that, then Jarrett's lame-ass game was way over schedule, and as far as I know, it was a complete, total, utter failure.

Then Jarrett and Geoff had their "creative differences", wherein Geoff wanted Davin to have a say in the production of the show and Jarrett refused that, so Geoff more or less told Jarrett to go fuck himself (my words, not theirs), and the episode production stopped.

Then they had the TV show, and that was all well and good, but it was only for 1 season because normal audiences didn't really "get" the gamer culture.

From what I have read, at least part of episode 19 was filmed, and I'd really like to see what was made, plus the script for the entire episode, but they have refused to release it.

Someone who is friends with Jarrett needs to sneak onto his PC at night, bypass his passwords with an Ubuntu Linux bootable CD, offload everything related to episode 19 to an external drive, and release it on the internet and on youtube.

I really enjoyed the show and was always eager for new episodes, it is really a shame that it just stopped like it did, and the empty promises from Jarrett and Geoff and MONTHS with no updates did not help at all.

It was great, and had the potential to be so much more, and they blew it. It's just sad.

Edited by McStupid1, 03 July 2012 - 09:55 PM.

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,576 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
stupid.gif pretty much what he said...
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Xander756

Xander756
  • Members
  • 423 posts
Oh. So are they not friends anymore or something?

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Unless some multimillionaire wants to finance everything and get the crew back together, there's pretty much only one thing we can do now.

1. Have "Get out of MySpace" playing on your PC.
2. Think about the good old days of PP, watching new episodes as they came out, talking on this board, playing Halo 2, etc.
3. Cry.

Edited by McStupid1, 04 July 2012 - 07:46 PM.

teh_Elderer

teh_Elderer
  • Members
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (McStupid1 @ Jul 3 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice synopsis McStupid1. How i wish it wasn't true.
Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
QUOTE (McStupid1 @ Jul 4 2012, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless some multimillionaire wants to finance everything and get the crew back together, there's pretty much only one thing we can do now.

1. Have "Get out of MySpace" playing on your PC.
2. Think about the good old days of PP, watching new episodes as they came out, talking on this board, playing Halo 2, etc.
3. Cry.

I was actually there when the last few episode were coming out. We all had a count down thread. It was amazing ;(

I waited all day for that episode to come up. It came on at night before I went to sleep.. and I watched it.

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

Fynn

Fynn
  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • Steam ID:MyCatGotCooked
Yeah, that new episode feeling was somethin' else. And those countdown threads were epic.

... icon_sad.gif
Ahh the French...

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:PurePwnage, Computers, Science and Basketball =)
QUOTE (Fynn @ Jul 7 2012, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that new episode feeling was somethin' else. And those countdown threads were epic.

... icon_sad.gif

I can't believe it's been 4 years

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts
QUOTE (TheSHADOWLINK @ Jul 6 2012, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually there when the last few episode were coming out. We all had a count down thread. It was amazing ;(

I waited all day for that episode to come up. It came on at night before I went to sleep.. and I watched it.

Ah, a thread that'd easily have 10x more activity than this forum currently gets all day, every 30mins lol.

Finally being rewarded with a new episode after so many days of checking the front page for the announcement.. was one of the joys of my teen years, sad as it is ha.
These days I rarely post on any of the forums I frequent, nowhere near as committed as I was to posting and getting to know the community when compared to the golden years of PP. I often wonder if i'll ever be as immersed in a forum and it's people (I remember thinking evol262 had to be some super advanced googlebot, the guy knew everything and to such detail lol) as I was for PP.
Oh well tl.net is looking pretty good

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
They rocketjumped the shark

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts
did this occur.. in space, by any chance?

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Here's all you need Xander.

http://www.purepwnag...howtopic=102105

Listening to the Geoff interview is highly recommended.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
You know if they wanted to get the show going again they prob could start a PP kickstarter and "make" millions!

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
If PP started one, it would be the only time I've ever donated money to anything online. I'd give like... probably 50 WHOLE dollars.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Xander756

Xander756
  • Members
  • 423 posts
So is the basic understanding then that Geoff pretty much killed PP off? Reading the Wikipedia page it has a quote from Jarett as saying: "My hope that Pure Pwnage will see a proper ending to its illustrious web series has nearly vanished. I've let Geoff know that should he be willing at any time to resume some of his traditional, critical roles on the web series I will fly home to Toronto in a heartbeat to help make it happen."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users