Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pc Won't Power On

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
Ok after just deciding to leave my computer for one school day, my computer just turns off sometime while I was in school and it won't turn on :|

Motherboard's "independent" power and reset button lights are up though so I'm not entirely sure if it's my PSU or motherboard.

Haven't upgraded/opened/modified this specific setup for quite some time so I'm really unsure what's the problem

PSU: HEC Courgar 1000w
Mobo: Asus P6X58D-Premium
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
Cooling: Coolermaster V8
GPU: 1x HD5870
RAM: 6GB X-treme DDR3
HDD1: 1x 300GB Velociraptor
HDD2: 1x 1000GB WD Black

Nothing touched/changed (aside from monthly dust cleaning) for over 2 years so I really don't get what's the problem. I mean last weekend (and almost every weekend) I left my computer on the whole time and never had a single problem.

I don't want to jump into conclusions and buy a new PSU just to find out it wasn't the PSU and I pray that it's not my motherboard.

Already tried clearing CMOS - removed the battery - even unplugged my PSU from the power outlet - my motherboard's power/reset buttons are still lit up (the one in the motherboard not the one on the case)

Edited by ACG137, 27 June 2012 - 01:09 PM.

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
So the motherboard lights work but it wont turn on?

Do any fans spin (even for a second) when pressing the power button? (turn off at wall and back on and watch fans when you hit front panel button).

If fans spin it is probably the PSU, it might just be faulty, it can produce enough power for the lights but shorts out on higher wattages. If nothing happens its probably the motherboard, as it has power thru it but cant start shit. Of course either way it could still be either one.

There is also a way to start PSU without it being plugged into mobo. Google how to do it, its with a paperclip and the motherboard power cable. Make sure everything except fans are unplugged so they don't get power while not being used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users