Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inexus - Ownage (dubstep)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
Musician iNexus recently released a video game related dubstep song, featuring some samples of FPS Doug (Joel Gardiner) from episode 5 icon_smile.gif
Also has some samples from the Scout in TF2.

Doug is at 3:19 into the song : http://www.youtube.c...K_BzPkJU#t=199s

FUCKING LAGGY PIECE OF SHIT!!!

-Danoli3

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Cool song, bruh. I still can't tell the diff between dubstep and techno, but whatev...
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ Jun 14 2012, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool song, bruh. I still can't tell the diff between dubstep and techno, but whatev...

+1 Rep

I think the difference is dubstep makes that annoying "Wuhp wuhp wuhp" as if someone's dragging a speaker through an empty apartment, where techno actually still sounds like music.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
DUbstep has those terribly off beat ZWEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR sounds... or wubs, etc.
I like the song when it's not doing the forced dubstep SZREEWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs.
It's as if the music literally breaks and stops sounding good. I can just imagine some people loving it though and headbanging to the chaos.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 14 June 2012 - 07:25 PM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
that was brostep...

brostep is kinda overrated as a genre

this is original dubstep

nukec

nukec
  • Members
  • 398 posts
  • xfire:nukec
  • Interests:mah balz
  • Steam ID:roflmaogod
Very nice.

home_group_shot.jpg

tkrow21

tkrow21
  • Members
  • 287 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jun 14 2012, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DUbstep has those terribly off beat ZWEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR sounds... or wubs, etc.
I like the song when it's not doing the forced dubstep SZREEWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs.
It's as if the music literally breaks and stops sounding good. I can just imagine some people loving it though and headbanging to the chaos.

nope, it's all about the drum pattern that defines the musical genre. dubstep sounds like that whereas techno is usually a 4/4 simple kick pattern with highhats/claps

the wub wub wub is merely a stylistic thing that's common within the current genre of dubstep (listen to dubstep 10+ years ago and it's absent)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users