Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Own A Ps3 Again

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 18 2012, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's pretty bad when the game just launched with tons of problems and there's tons of games smaller than this that can release minor patches on a much more consistent basis.

Smaller games don't require as much time to patch because they are smaller and one patch every two months since launch is pretty consistent.

+ like 90% of problems are still not fixed.

That's just hyperbole. For this to be true you'd need to come up with a list of problems 9 times as long as the combined patch notes for all 5 patches to date. There are still some bugs, but most everything I had an issue with was dealt with by the second patch.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 18 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's just hyperbole. For this to be true you'd need to come up with a list of problems 9 times as long as the combined patch notes for all 5 patches to date. There are still some bugs, but most everything I had an issue with was dealt with by the second patch.

Then you aren't playing enough.

When they create patches, they fix one problem and cause 3 more.

and yes, the 90% was a grossss exaggeration obviously. but there are tons of serious problems that haven't been addressed.

There's games like Call of Duty that have patches monthly, even less sometimes. There's big games like World of Warcraft that have patches out almost bi-weekly. There's games like Starcraft which have patches almost weekly.

All the size of or bigger than BF3 and all better at patching BF3. The difference between these games and BF3?

They either have a deal with console companies so creating patches is a much faster process *cough* CODFISH *cough* or they're PC oriented.

*edit*

http://www.escapistm...-People-Hate-EA

Relevant video.

Basically, he's completely right.
I liked EA.

Now they've managed to look worse than Activision.
And that's the company pumping out CoD, horrible PC ports and stunning amounts of tiny yet expensive DLC.

Edited by CakeCom, 18 June 2012 - 06:00 PM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
Ok... Since you asked for it W2L... I will open the box of ferrets for you.

Electronic Arts used to be one of my favorite publishers. Sim City, Sim Coaster, The Sims, Need for Speed, Burnout, Command and Conquer, Battlefield, and a few other titles. I remember spending countless hours playing these games. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on PS2 for 2 years. But I noticed that almost every developer team they acquired started to follow the same trend. Little by little I noticed just how rinky-dinky the games were kept together.

A lot of other video games evolved beyond just enriched graphics. The gameplay of most other games I enjoyed changed dramatically with each new sequel. (Sure I was in a poor family but it didn't stop me from getting my hands on the games I truly wanted to play. I remember returning an X-Men game because I wanted Time Crisis 2.)

I finally made a stand against EA about the same time I stood against the Call of Duty series. (I signed the petition to never buy a Call of Duty game again and I meant it when I said it. I will buy CoD4 again sometime later this year, but none of the new ones.

You know I use the whole Madden argument every time I bring up EA so I won't spill the guts on this one but keep it simple: I can't justify buying this title every year. Especially after they pretty much bought out the NFL rights. In fact I despise their entire sports division except for the Bigs (MLB). (EA vs 2K.) I will play this title but still won't buy it.

Need for Speed has been thrown at a lot of different developers as of late because EA wants it to become the cash cow that is Madden. It is one series where I am VERY picky about which ones I will even play. My first need for Speed game was on the Super Nintendo.... very bad experience. I couldn't ever drive through the loop on that one track. Every time I would try it I couldn't see the damn road so I always flew off it. Then when it showed the replay... It showed my car flying off the track upside down. But since this game is just another one of EA's Harlots I pretty much ignored the series all together. The last one I even owned was Need for Speed: Underground 2. I never even completed the game.

Next up Battlefield. Never played Bad Company 1. I own Bad Company 2 + Vietnam. Never played 1943 (even though this is the most touted game ever.) but I did buy Battlefield 2 again. I won't touch Battlefield 3 because EA has finally decided to roll out their real intentions to see if it will "fit in" with the gaming community. But I will get back to that later.

Command and Conquer.... Red Alert 2 was the number 1 game I always went back to. Never really paid any attention to the other titles. Fucking mobile tesla coil trucks FTW! When Red Alert 3 came out... I watched a friend play the game and I couldn't get the image of the campaign looking like a bunch of user generated content created by a noob. Plus it was just too much for an RTS game for me. RA2 for ever.

The Sims might as well team up with PlayStation Home. I hate PS Home... but I simply wont explain why I spent over 60 dollars in this virtual world already.

I bought Sim City 4... without the expansion last year for 10 dollars. Then I bought Cities XL this year. Sorry but I like building crazy roads. because that is the number one major issue with my city every time I play Sim City.

Fight Night.... I will never buy again. I have seen it at my friends house. Fucking retarded. Characters I could play as in previous titles are now DLC.

But as I was hinting at earlier. EA wants to be the first company to charge it's player for playing their games. Much like XBOX charges you to play your games online. As well as how successful WoW is today... and why that other fucking dude I was trying to make a game with was so obsessed with making an MMO... Making money for nothing really. Only instead of this rule only applying to MMO's, EA wants it to expand to everything.

If you look at Rockband Unplugged it is the best example as to what you should expect from EA in the coming years. Only major difference is that it won't be a $4.99 buy in to have the engine.

I see this tiny clump of snow coming down the snow hill...

If I see any EA branding on any new game I immediately ignore it. I won't start a petition. I won't start a movement. I wont even listen to my friends. I simply will not support something that is causing a video game meltdown.

It may or may not ever happen this way. But I'd rather not find out.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 18 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally made a stand against EA about the same time I stood against the Call of Duty series. (I signed the petition to never buy a Call of Duty game again and I meant it when I said it. I will buy CoD4 again sometime later this year, but none of the new ones.

You are what's wrong with games.

You know I use the whole Madden argument every time I bring up EA so I won't spill the guts on this one but keep it simple: I can't justify buying this title every year. Especially after they pretty much bought out the NFL rights. In fact I despise their entire sports division except for the Bigs (MLB). (EA vs 2K.) I will play this title but still won't buy it.

I don't advocate buying Madden every year, but they definitely improve the game year to year. I'm skewed because I'm working on it this year, but to say that the game doesn't improve year to year is just wrong. I'll stop though as I'm biased in this case.

Need for Speed has been thrown at a lot of different developers as of late because EA wants it to become the cash cow that is Madden. It is one series where I am VERY picky about which ones I will even play.

What you need to realize about NFS is that it is not a single series anymore. NFS shift, NFS underground, NFS Hot Pursuit, and NFS the run are all separate series in the same brand. If you go in expecting any of them to be sequels of the others you will be disappointed because they all have different target markets.

The Sims might as well team up with PlayStation Home. I hate PS Home... but I simply wont explain why I spent over 60 dollars in this virtual world already.

I don't get why you are upset at EA for targeting a market that is not you?

I bought Sim City 4... without the expansion last year for 10 dollars. Then I bought Cities XL this year. Sorry but I like building crazy roads. because that is the number one major issue with my city every time I play Sim City.

Have you seen any of the footage of the new sim city?

Fight Night.... I will never buy again. I have seen it at my friends house. Fucking retarded. Characters I could play as in previous titles are now DLC.

To each his own, but the gameplay has definitely improved recently. I think I only played 3 and champion, but I definitely enjoy champion more.

You said you were coming back to battlefield, but I'm assuming it was part of your, "chargin you to play games" bit, but that's the way games are going in general. Games are going further and further toward services. It's better to settle this with yourself now, because everything is going that way. Everybody is going to be doing it, not just EA and Activision.

If you're letting the fact that an EA game is made by EA get in the way of you buying it you're doing yourself a disservice. SSX was a great game this year, Madden would be the first Madden I'd get this year because it finally has physics based animation (NOTE I'M BIASED HERE, but I legit would buy it this year because of that), MMA was a better game than THQ's UFC one, so the next UFC game will probably be really good now that EA has the rights. Sim City looks good, and there's a new CnC coming which should be interesting. Not all EA games are great or even good, so don't buy them; it's what I do for any games I don't want. Brand loyalty and brand hate will have you missing out on a lot of great experiences.

I'm not a huge fan of activision but I'm probably going to buy the new spiderman game because it looks really good, and it's supposedly not hugely tied to the movie. I would buy DS3 if I weren't such a pussy. Those are two potentially awesome experiences you're going to miss out on just because you dislike two companies?

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 18 2012, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you aren't playing enough.

When they create patches, they fix one problem and cause 3 more.

Eh. I play it almost every night, and they fixed all of my big issues in the first couple patches. That's pretty significant given that I was ready to quit the game because some of the stuff was so annoying.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 18 2012, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh. I play it almost every night, and they fixed all of my big issues in the first couple patches. That's pretty significant given that I was ready to quit the game because some of the stuff was so annoying.

I dunno, I couldn't find an appropriate gif. I just don't give a fuck anymore. I find your opinion on this very invalid but I will agree that they have worked to fix a few things over the past few months. They've still got a long ways to go though.

Also although Concept has a few invalid points, I agree with him on the NFS + Madden arguments. EA has basically been acting like Activision in that they just keep re-releasing the same games in order to repeatedly sell to the same customers who actually buy the annual products like the sheep they are.

Edited by CakeCom, 18 June 2012 - 10:17 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 18 2012, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also although Concept has a few invalid points, I agree with him on the NFS + Madden arguments. EA has basically been acting like Activision in that they just keep re-releasing the same games in order to repeatedly sell to the same customers who actually buy the annual products like the sheep they are.

Do you honestly think NFS shift is anything like NFS hot pursuit? or The Run? They aren't remotely similar and they all have ~2 year release schedules which aren't anything unusual. They aren't even made by the same developers. Criterion makes Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted, Slightly Mad makes shift, and The Run was made by Black Box.

Madden ok, you probably looked at the E3 video (more likely totally ignored it) and saw the same thing you see every year with a new roster update. A person who cares about the game would notice the gameplay is now physics driven. They'll notice that there's now some indication that your receiver is paying attention for a pass. They'll notice that you can lead receivers with just one stick and that it's easier to evade in the pocket. They'll care that their career mode was moved into a centralized hub for offline and online modes and coaches and players rather than having 3 different modes. Or that they're presentation is actually good now; more in line with NCAA.

Madden isn't released every year for people like you. It's released every year for people like this. They probably looked at ME2 and thought it was the same game as ME1, but you probably saw that combat was more fluid and actually decent, the story was immensely better, planet exploration was streamlined and not clunky, elevators were removed, there was much less texture pop in, and it just looked better in general.

I'm not even a madden fan, but there's more changes every year than you think if you think it's just a roster update.

Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 18 2012, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are what's wrong with games.

I do not like Call of Duty anymore... But that is another story. Battlefield. Yes I did buy Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the Vietnam add on. Battlefield 3 in its current state? no. I was going to buy it on the PS3 but after this fucking stunt? No.

I don't advocate buying Madden every year, but they definitely improve the game year to year. I'm skewed because I'm working on it this year, but to say that the game doesn't improve year to year is just wrong. I'll stop though as I'm biased in this case.

Wow your NDA clauses much stretch towards not being able to talk bad about any of the products you are working on. Understandable. I've been there with TSA. When EA shuts down the servers for every madden game every year it kind of sucks. Maybe I like the build from 2008 over 2009, 2010, and 2011... (X-Link Kaid took care of this issue.) I don't know if this mode exists but if Madden would release 2013 with the ability to go "back in time" with teams then that would make it a lot better for me. Keeping the games online for more than 1 year would also help. But I haven't touched a Madden game since 2002. And over all I hate sports games anyway. That is why I never really owned any other sports game than the Tony Hawk Series. Back in the PS2 days it made sense to buy this series every year. But now that Tony Hawk HD has been announced and is coming soon... hopefully it will thwart Activision to surrender rights of this fucking game to the small development team that has decided to take in the fact that their fan base is all about the older titles and do not really care about "realism." because to most of us... realism in skating games is just no fun at all.

What you need to realize about NFS is that it is not a single series anymore. NFS shift, NFS underground, NFS Hot Pursuit, and NFS the run are all separate series in the same brand. If you go in expecting any of them to be sequels of the others you will be disappointed because they all have different target markets.

Need for Speed is turning into Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. What I mean is: Every developer has a different perspective on how the game should play out. And most of them I do not agree with. Just like I hate Slant 6 Games. They fucked up Fireteam Bravo 3, Socom Confrontation, and Operation Raccoon City. Sadly I bought all three of those games and I don't like a single one of them. How can you fuck up a shooter? When you let a team of ELITISTS run the Q&A team. I like the idea behind Operation Raccoon City... But it is a seriously short game where as most resident Evil games don't rely on a platinum trophy to get you to play through it 100%. Back on the NFS shit... You said it yourself when you did not like the PS3 games back in that other huge ass forum bank of 200+ pages.. I do not like the NFS games that have come out. They don't tailor to me. Shit even GT doesn't tailor to me. Midnight Club tailor's to me, but not NFS anymore.

I don't get why you are upset at EA for targeting a market that is not you?

The original Sims game with all of the expansions was perfect.... Then they tried to add a story line to it. At least on the console version that I played back on PS2... you had to do trivial tasks. It took a simple "sit and watch" game, flipped it upside down, and turned into a trivial pursuit. When it went online..... I had to buy a subscription fee. (Yes I was a poor bastard. But how come Diablo 2 could have limitless online functionality and not charge extra?)

Have you seen any of the footage of the new sim city?

Yes. Have you played Cities XL? Why wait?

To each his own, but the gameplay has definitely improved recently. I think I only played 3 and champion, but I definitely enjoy champion more.

I bought Fight Night Round 3 and loved it. I saw the new Fight Night at a friends house and started to hate it. I won't buy it.

You said you were coming back to battlefield, but I'm assuming it was part of your, "chargin you to play games" bit, but that's the way games are going in general. Games are going further and further toward services. It's better to settle this with yourself now, because everything is going that way. Everybody is going to be doing it, not just EA and Activision.

Why is it that the two biggest names in the FPS industry are the only ones pushing that service? Yet all of these other titles would rather have a community rather than a paid service with "extra's."

If you're letting the fact that an EA game is made by EA get in the way of you buying it you're doing yourself a disservice. SSX was a great game this year, Madden would be the first Madden I'd get this year because it finally has physics based animation (NOTE I'M BIASED HERE, but I legit would buy it this year because of that), MMA was a better game than THQ's UFC one, so the next UFC game will probably be really good now that EA has the rights. Sim City looks good, and there's a new CnC coming which should be interesting. Not all EA games are great or even good, so don't buy them; it's what I do for any games I don't want. Brand loyalty and brand hate will have you missing out on a lot of great experiences.

I have never played SSX. And I personally will never go skiing again. (Very bad accident my first time Skiing. I was literally 2 inches from death.)

I'm not a huge fan of activision but I'm probably going to buy the new spiderman game because it looks really good, and it's supposedly not hugely tied to the movie. I would buy DS3 if I weren't such a pussy. Those are two potentially awesome experiences you're going to miss out on just because you dislike two companies?

You got me on Dead Space..... I actually own Dead Space 1 and 2 on PC through Steam.... Honestly it is the one game where I don't smell the same stench that every other EA title has with that fucking EA logo on it.. I haven't even touched 2 yet. Haven't even set it up. I just downloaded it and kept it dormant. But I wanted it. Absolutely no DLC packs for the second game. And the first game... Well I bought those extra fucking suits on the PS3 version only to get through the game faster. And its not that scary. The only horror game that really gave me a nightmare was the first fucking Siren game. Before that was Resident Evil 2. That fucking crocodile.... But for the majority of the EA games... I will not touch.

EDIT: On a side note W2L... if you have to delete your posts by tonight I completely understand and I will edit out your responses in my posts as well to keep your job mate. ***

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 19 June 2012 - 01:25 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2012, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Resident Evil 2.

Rest of thread is killing me.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2012, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I haven't touched a Madden game since 2002. And over all I hate sports games anyway.

Then you aren't really qualified to say that Madden games are bad. You haven't played them in 10 years, and you don't even like the genre. Why even bring it up as a reason you hate EA?

Need for Speed is turning into Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. What I mean is: Every developer has a different perspective on how the game should play out.

You are missing the point completely. Need for Speed is a brand, it is not a series anymore. What you are saying is like, "I don't like McDonalds because I don't like soft serve ice cream," or, "I don't like Universal Pictures because I don't like movies about aliens." They are not different perspectives on how the game should play out, they are completely distinct experiences that have nothing to do with each other other than that they are EA's car/racing brand. If you want a game like NFS was on PS1/2, then go for NFS Hot Pursuit or NFS Most Wanted.

I bought Fight Night Round 3 and loved it. I saw the new Fight Night at a friends house and started to hate it. I won't buy it.

Did you actually play it? You seem to hate a lot of games you've never even played.

Why is it that the two biggest names in the FPS industry are the only ones pushing that service? Yet all of these other titles would rather have a community rather than a paid service with "extra's."

It's not just Battlefield and CoD. It is pretty much all games. Tribes whole business model is built around it; same with LoL. CoD Elite and Battlefield's service aren't even great examples, You get early access to DLC and access to a bunch of DLC for less than the cost of the DLC in the first place. I don't get why that's bad.

I am not advocating buying bad products. I am advocating not having blind brand hate. As best I can tell you hate EA because of one series you haven't played in a decade, another brand you haven't played anytime recently which you are so separated from you aren't even aware that it's a brand consisting of multiple series, a game you have never played, and a game you watched but didn't play at your friends house. Do you not realize how preposterous that is? As far as I can tell, the one EA game you have played in recent history you enjoyed enough to buy and purchase the sequel.

EDIT: On a side note W2L... if you have to delete your posts by tonight I completely understand and I will edit out your responses in my posts as well to keep your job mate. ***

Everything I've said has already been shown in previews or announced at E3. My Company is just on a contract with EA, so nothing I know is really beyond what the public knows at this point; at least without going into minutia, which I won't do.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 19 2012, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not just Battlefield and CoD. It is pretty much all games.

My Company is just on a contract with EA

Suddenly this entire retarded thread makes sense.

Edited by CakeCom, 19 June 2012 - 03:24 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 19 2012, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suddenly this entire retarded thread makes sense.

I said that way earlier dude.

Either way that doesn't make me wrong. It just makes you logically retarded.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 19 June 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
It doesn't make you wrong, but it explains why you've kept arguing for EA when nobody on this planet likes them for good reasons.

They've played every possible dirty card a game publisher can play and it's disgusting to see them make so much money from doing things like that.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I hate the Madden franchise because I like the 2k series better but still don't play the "serious" sports games. Always have. Plus I love NFL blitz over any NFL game. Simply because it's more fun to play with friends especially with big head mode on.

No. My problem is that I truly want to love and respect every need for speed game but I can't. And you have the analogy twisted. To me it is like going to McDonald's only to find that they are serving you burger king. When all you want is McDonald's. Instead of getting a big Mac you get a whopper. You want and expect a fucking big Mac but you get a fucking whopper. Then the next time you order from McDonald's you get a fucking burrito! That is my issue. If these companies wanted to make a racing game as good as need for speed then why do they have to tarnish such a good name with their start up projects? To me it sounds like they are scared developers. Make a name for yourself instead of plastering a name before your title! That is my problem with need for speed. You remember names and you remember experiences with that name. When one game seriously let's you down then the name loses face.

All I wanted to do was pick Mike Tyson to fight against Muhammad Ali. Suddenly my friend was sent to the ps store to buy Mike Tyson. I didn't want to play anymore. Sure pain on the psn charges for characters as well but that model doesn't require a 60 dollar buy in. That's why I like what they did with Rockland unplugged. But I don't want them to get the idea that the buy in price should go any higher.

And again with bf3.... Rich people have pissing rights over the poor. Pay this much to get shit early and have an advantage over the poor. Your money allows you to become the ultimate ass hole online. Because the poor people have to wait another week to get the same stuff for nearly the same price. Yeah like the pc world all over again. Rich people win. Nice way to keep us compressed ea. Segregation will never be abolished.

Over all I believe in an even playing field. You can hate me for hating ea. But one other factor that topples it over to blind hatred is that I found a replacement for everything ea except for dead space.

Oh and one more thing w2l.... Don't ever say someone isn't qualified to hate something.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2012, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. My problem is that I truly want to love and respect every need for speed game but I can't. And you have the analogy twisted. To me it is like going to McDonald's only to find that they are serving you burger king.

Did you play NFS Hot Pursuit (the newest one)?

And again with bf3.... Rich people have pissing rights over the poor. Pay this much to get shit early and have an advantage over the poor. Your money allows you to become the ultimate ass hole online. Because the poor people have to wait another week to get the same stuff for nearly the same price. Yeah like the pc world all over again. Rich people win. Nice way to keep us compressed ea. Segregation will never be abolished.

There is nothing rich or poor about buying things. If you care enough to back the content producers, they take care of you. What's wrong with that? It's exactly what most every kickstarter project does, and there's nothing rich or poor about that.

All I wanted to do was pick Mike Tyson to fight against Muhammad Ali.

These are both in Fight Night Champion and round 4 without DLC. That aside, you try dealing with licensing over 50 boxers. That's a totally non-trivial task. You can't just put Tyson and Ali in the game without licensing rights from both of them, and that's ignoring having to license the other 50 as well. Thankfully with the UFC they have a single body that controls the licensing similar to the NFL, but the licensing of 50+ world class athletes is not something that you can just do.

Over all I believe in an even playing field. You can hate me for hating ea. But one other factor that topples it over to blind hatred is that I found a replacement for everything ea except for dead space.

If you've found a replacement, then why do you hate them? Play the replacement and be satisfied like an adult. I would have no problems with you hating EA if your entire argument weren't backed by the fact that you've apparently played one EA game, which you enjoyed enough to buy the sequel, in recent history. If you came in here and said you've played EA games for the past 10 years, and every one of them popped out of the console and murdered my parents, then maybe.

Oh and one more thing w2l.... Don't ever say someone isn't qualified to hate something.

You haven't played a game in a series you dislike in over 10 iterations. You are not qualified to hate that in any sane fashion; blind hatred maybe.

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 19 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't make you wrong, but it explains why you've kept arguing for EA when nobody on this planet likes them for good reasons.

Good reasons such as enjoying the one game you've played by EA in the past 10 years?

IGN even did a write up on how blown out of proportion EA hate has gotten.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...-people-hate-ea

Edited by way2lazy2care, 19 June 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 19 2012, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IGN

IGN

IGN

Now not sure if entire thread was troll or not.

Also, I've played most of EA's games that aren't sports games.

Sports games are usually just fucking boring though, and I don't see a purpose in re-buying the same game annually so they can add a feature that they had the technology to add 4 years ago.

Although UFC is fun. I usually kind of like hockey games, I tend to buy the older ones though because they're cheaper + just as good. Baseball games are alright as well.

No idea how you guys can play any Madden game though icon_razz.gif.

That's personal opinion mostly though.

My point is, I've tried most of EA's newest games. Mass Effect 1 and 2 (didn't try 3), SWTOR, BF3, BFBC (not 2) and I've even played most of the Sims games... not because I particularly enjoy them much, but because my sister plays 'em and I tend to install the free copy of the game just to burn down children and animals watch my Sims go to work for a few hours, come home, sleep, then rinse + repeat.

That's another point.

The Sims have come out with sequels with features taken out, then re-added them in expansions for an extra cost.

How many times has The Sims Pets come out? :/

That's something EA is doing on purpose to make money. And you can't blame any licensing issue or any of that BS because the people making the Sims are probably some of EA's biggest bitches, next to Dice atm anyway.

*Edit*

Like, this is how bad the IGN article you linked is.

The second paragraph mentions Metacritic as though that's the standard to judging games and companies these days.
Inb4 you agree with that

Hey... wait a second...

The article you made reference to... that's odd... that's the same one the video I mentioned made reference to...
...and would you look at that... the article is just as BS as the video I mentioned said it was.

Edited by CakeCom, 20 June 2012 - 01:10 AM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Currently I am still trying to platinum Uncharted 3 and.... I never played the sly Cooper series so I am platting all three games as well. I also have the ps + service which gave me a bunch of games to distract myself with. And like I said before in this same thread.... My hatred is just too big for ea. I will try it. But I know it will be painfull. I hope it can win me over like dead space did.

50 dollars plus buying all the DLC packs is a lot of money to have something in advance. What if your friends don't have the premium account and just want to play with you? Oh yeah they have the money ready for the map packs but they can't play with you. At least the ps + service gives out free games. Shit. Might as well charge people 20 dollars to get into the beta testing of all games. Just so you can say I played it before you did. No I don't like the idea at all. I have enough money to do so but I won't buy it. I am staying away from it.

As for fight night. Nope I saw it require him to purchase the mother fucker before we played. I will stick to Tekken which has nothing to do with boxing except for Steven Fox.

W2l... YOU ASKED ME WHY I HATE EA. I TOLD YOU IT IS A BOX OF FERRETS BUT COULD YOU KEEP THE LID SHUT!? NO, YOUR CURIOUSITY LEAD YOU HERE. If you don't like the reasons why I hate ea then why ask me why I hate them so much? (Redundancy.) But I guess you are not satisfied with my reason as to why I hate them. We are two rams fighting eachother for what exactly? The only series I have never touched again for more than ten years is Madden. I buy games I like. If I am skeptical about them then I go to block buster. If they don't have it then I go to sandmans house or smileys house and try them at their place. If I have a bad experience by the time I have spent more than 30 minutes on then I make my decision right then and there. Most games from all of these series haven't made me happy yet.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 20 2012, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
50 dollars plus buying all the DLC packs is a lot of money to have something in advance. What if your friends don't have the premium account and just want to play with you?

Play the standard maps? If you're pissed that DLC exists, too bad. I would rather DLC exist and content producers keep making more content than not have it at all.

If you don't like the reasons why I hate ea then why ask me why I hate them so much? (Redundancy.) But I guess you are not satisfied with my reason as to why I hate them.

You've spent this whole thread saying you hate games you don't play. I don't see how you can legitimately justify hating a corporation whose games you haven't played anytime in recent history.

Now not sure if entire thread was troll or not.

Are you 5?

edit:
As for fight night. Nope I saw it require him to purchase the mother fucker before we played. I will stick to Tekken which has nothing to do with boxing except for Steven Fox.

Some of the fighters are locked if you haven't played through the story. You can buy a pack to unlock them without playing through the story, but Tyson and Ali are both there for free if you beat the game.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 20 June 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
W2l... You missed the point on this one. Paying extra money to have something two weeks before other people to me is a waste of money. The whole idea to get people to upgrade is to prey on their own anxiety. Because bf3 did this I have cut myself off from the bf series. A business model like this only taunts other people. I will not pay for premium shit for anything other than the MMORPGs I have played in the past. I love DLC and I have bought several DLC packs for a lot of the games I own. Like the one that is advertised on this very site I bought the DLC for Zombie apocalypse. I have bought every DLC pack for LBP 1 and 2. Resistance 1, Warhawk, mezmerize, operation raccoon city, red dead redemption, uncharted 2 and 3, Wipeout, dead space 1, fat princess, crash commando, bfbc2, all pixel junk game expansions, motorstorm RC, motorstorm 1 and 2, folklore, and many others. I like DLC. Did I pay anything extra just to obtain them faster? No. Did I need and or want to pay to obtain them faster? No. Money for nothing and chicks for free is a povish game. I don't like it one bit. I vote with my money. And I think you hate that fact.

I hate the games I listed because I don't want to play them. I have tried them before w2l. In general for each corner of the ea super market, I have decided to just stay away from them all together. Because I gave ea a chance to win me back for this entire console generation. Years of trial and error led me to boycott ea w2l. I didn't just wake up to hate ea this week. This outright boycott slowly became set in stone for over 6 years.

When you fuck up the reputation for a name it really drives you away. Because almost each corner has pissed me off I stay away from it. Dead space is the only reason to own anything with the ea logo on it to me.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 20 2012, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
W2l... You missed the point on this one. Paying extra money to have something two weeks before other people to me is a waste of money. The whole idea to get people to upgrade is to prey on their own anxiety.

That's total bullshit. I preordered GW2 to get into the beta weekends. Was my anxiety preyed on too? Not a chance. It looked like a good game, and I wanted to play it, so I pre-ordered it to get into the beta. End of. There was no manipulation, and it's exactly the same thing.

You're just choosing to view it in the most negative light because you've already decided EA was bad. Valve had a pay store for weapons in TF2 before it went free to play also, but you'd probably never say anything bad about them.

I hate the games I listed because I don't want to play them.

Then don't play them and be fine. Hate is a pretty drastic step to jump to just for not enjoying something.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
@W2l

Explain the Sims situation please, since you can whiteknight EA for everything they do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users