Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Own A Ps3 Again

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
I got a PS3 again about 4 months ago. I didn't have a chance to even turn it on until about 5 weeks ago when I finally bought a 23.5 inch Monitor that supported 1080P with "IPS."

(In Plane Switching... Which if you don't know what that is... its a fake tech savvy acronym salespeople use on idiots to get them to buy a certain product. All it means is you can switch from HDMI to D-Sub with the touch of a button. Because I supposedly grew up in a generation that didn't know how to switch inputs to another without a button... Don't get me wrong I knew what I was buying... I just don't trust the company even now. AOC is the company. No dead pixels. its a nice and vibrant bright desktop... and it is a sexy thin monitor... But I still don't trust it yet.)

But as the subtitle mentions... Owning a PS3 again?

It sucks...

WHY!?

Because I missed out on every god damn game that came out for it. And my biggest problem is that I love my job too much. I literally have the dilemma of choosing whether or not to go and get in my cab and drive people around for money... or stay home and play video games that somehow resemble cab driving. (GTA... /joke)

All jokes aside I do love my job. But somehow I feel unhappy playing video games all together. Not only on my PS3 but on my PC as well...

Examples:

I bought Diablo III... I already hate more than 90% of the players on it because they are always trying to pummel through the story and nothing but the story.... As in "I found the head LETS GO. There is Belial! KILL HIM! *Ulgh I'm dead...* LETS GO. I find myself wanting to find Moonstone in Diablo III. You know from .Hack//??? The one who likes to completely clear maps? Not only that but the people online don't even LISTEN TO THE DAMN STORY.
*Player Formaldehyde has skipped the sequence.

I bought Portal 2 on PC... I beat the story one million percent and go online. "Do you know of any glitches?" "No...." Then I have to find another player just to play through the rest of the levels.

I bought Red Dead Redemption... "Let's play Zombie mode!" *An Ally has left your posse* "let's play gang matches!" *A friend has left your posse.* I join their game and all they do is sit in free roam all day...

I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2. Yes BFBC2 not BF3.... Barely anyone is on that game. All of the servers for rush mode keep disappearing. I'm sick of TDM.

I bought Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City. 8 hours later I gave it to my neighbor.

I bought Luminess... I beat it one million percent and have completely forgot about how to play that game again because NO ONE ELSE HAS IT BUT ME...

I bought the Mortal Kombat Collection on PC.... Everyone uses Scorpion in MK1... Everyone spams Sub Zero in MK2... Everyone uses Kitanna in MK3... Yes these people only use the most cheap characters from each MK to play with...

I re downloaded T5DRO... Every time I pick Mokojin and I am about to win because these people with Dark Lord ranks know they just can't touch me when I have a good combination of players FUCKING DISCONNECTS!

I bought Starhawk... nothing but noobs on that game. They don't even play through the damn story to learn how to play the fucking game. Everyone who was a part of the beta is BASERAPING EVERYONE....

I bought the KillZone 3 multi-player... I get my ass owned no matter what I do...

I bought Dino D-Day only to find out the game is.... not too popular.
*Player Formaldehyde has skipped the sequence.

I swear... I might as well give up completely... At this point I am just wasting money... either that or I just don't have anyone to play with really...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Maybe you're unhappy with video games

because you're using a ps3.

I'm trying to get rid of my PS3, and it's becoming an impossible task.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Demon's Souls servers are still up. They were supposed to go down today but From Software decided to keep em up until people stop playing. It's probably $20 by now, go buy that shit. If you like it, get Dark Souls, the spiritual successor.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Andrack @ May 31 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Demon's Souls servers are still up. They were supposed to go down today but From Software decided to keep em up until people stop playing. It's probably $20 by now, go buy that shit. If you like it, get Dark Souls, the spiritual successor.

Dark Souls is a straight up sequel mang.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
No. It can't be by law. Sony owns the rights to the Demon's Souls IP and would flip shit if it went multi-platform. Here's a quote from Dark Souls' summary on it's Steam page (yes, it's on steam now):
Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demonís, not a sequel.

Bam.

I understand why people think that though, Patches and the Crow Witch are straight out of Boletaria.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
I still need to play LBP, MNR and the Uncharted Series... all just sitting there in their packaging.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
So since I last posted I bought Uncharted 2, 3, and Tekken 6. And when I opened the shrink wrap case to Tekken 6 I didn't notice that new game smell... You know the smell I am talking about.
But when I opened Uncharted 2 and 3...

SNIIIIIIIIFFFF**** AAAAAAAHHHHHH.... Yeah I missed that smell. And well... the games are almost dirt cheap now.

I played through a bit of Tekken 6's campaign mode... (I... personally wish that it played more like Urban Reign... T6's campaign is a PoS!)

But... Uncharted 2 is the red case version... (God dammit!) Now I have to get the red case version of 1 and 3....

I am now powering through Uncharted 2. As in; I am going to platinum this game first before I play Uncharted 3. Love the story as I did Uncharted Golden Abyss, but unlike the PS Vita title.... It doesn't have half as many things to do in the game than I thought. Maybe Uncharted 3 will change my mind? (Don't spoil it.) If you have played Golden Abyss you'll notice that you have to collect 3 times as many things in the game than Uncharted 2... Plus pictures.... All together Golden Abyss has taken the most time to complete. And I have yet to plat it.

So my library now consists of these titles:

Disc:
Uncharted 2 and 3.
Tekken 6
StarHawk
Resident Evil: ORC
MGS4
SCIV

PSN: (Way too many to list so I will post up my most recent.)
Red Dead Redemption + all add on's.
Pixel Junk: Shooter 1&2, 4AM, Sidescroller
Fat princess
Eat Them All
KZ3M
Wipeout HD Fury
Datura (Very interesting showcase demo. I recommend buying this even without the move controller.)
Journey (Very emotional but short and fun.)

What games do you think I should buy next? I see Demon's Souls is the top priority here so it is already number one. What other 2 games should I buy for this coming month?

Edit: My trophy level is actually a 9... For some reason the portable ID isn't working.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 03 June 2012 - 04:17 PM.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 30 2012, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear... I might as well give up completely... At this point I am just wasting money... either that or I just don't have anyone to play with really...

I suspect as we get older we get more disenchanted with the media industry (yes, media - music, films, videogames) because we've seen it all before. We know the storylines, we know the plot-twists, we know what to expect. All we see now are improvements in the Game Engine (graphics, sounds, animation, physics).

Apart from that, you have an increasingly younger group of competition - since kids as young as 6 are being allowed (yes, allowed) to play these very adult games.

I know I don't play as much as I used to because - lets face it, it's becoming boring. To get really good at a game requires time, patience and effort. And don't get me started on the 'pro' crap. It's true that some games you can just pick up and be awesome at -- but either that's a dumbing down of the game, OR you've already mastered other games in the genre, and all genres are very similar to each other in terms of gameplay dynamics. I digress.

A lot of games are starting to go more 'retro' in style - as a new generation discovers the joy in simplicity. I think those of use that grew up with games, and the first, second, third generations of computers appreciate the achievements and improvements to gaming. And it may just be that - honestly - they've hit that 'plateau' of "it won't get any better and now they're getting into different methods of gameplay (touchscreens, 3D glasses, etc).

Perhaps that could be why you feel the way you do. icon_neutral.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 3 2012, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What games do you think I should buy next? I see Demon's Souls is the top priority here so it is already number one. What other 2 games should I buy for this coming month?

Edit: My trophy level is actually a 9... For some reason the portable ID isn't working.

*Sigh*

Get Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Then get 1 of these. (Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit Controller- 430 scuderia Edition)

You won't regret the purchase, it's just like playing in an arcade and the controller's a PS3 / PC Exclusive.
If you were in Toronto I'd sell you mine, getting rid of my PS3.
Honestly the only thing I've ever enjoyed playing on my PS3.

*Edit*
Also it's not wired, those wires from a laptop or something.

Edited by CakeCom, 05 June 2012 - 07:45 PM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I loved NFS Hot Pursuit 2 back on PS2. I played that game until I had every car. But most of my friends hated the fact that there were cops in it. Anyway I started Uncharted 3 and I beat the story. Once again I loved it. But then I keep comparing the amount of stuff you do in the game to Golden Abyss. (Maybe because it took me about a week to get everything... over 350 items to collect...) I hope Uncharted 4 includes the ability to take pictures.

I am going to platinum Uncharted 3 of course before I go to the next game. I ordered a 750 GB HDD for my PS3 the other day. Can't wait to sit for 5 hours as I backup and restore everything onto the new HDD.

So Demon's Souls, NFS HP, and.... I am going to get Heavy Rain. In that sexy red case....

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 6 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved NFS Hot Pursuit 2 back on PS2. I played that game until I had every car. But most of my friends hated the fact that there were cops in it. Anyway I started Uncharted 3 and I beat the story. Once again I loved it. But then I keep comparing the amount of stuff you do in the game to Golden Abyss. (Maybe because it took me about a week to get everything... over 350 items to collect...) I hope Uncharted 4 includes the ability to take pictures.

I am going to platinum Uncharted 3 of course before I go to the next game. I ordered a 750 GB HDD for my PS3 the other day. Can't wait to sit for 5 hours as I backup and restore everything onto the new HDD.

So Demon's Souls, NFS HP, and.... I am going to get Heavy Rain. In that sexy red case....

I loved the fact that there was cops in it. It's why it's the only racing game I like... an actual obstacle. Makes it fun. Only other racing games I enjoy is Mario Kart 64.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I loved the game because my friends would always pick the McLauren F1 LM... I liked the original F1... But my friends could not escape the cops. I could. the helicopter dropping barrels of exploding toxic waste... shit like that.

But I fear that I will not end up buying NFS HP.... not yet anyway. I still hate EA... Even after 5 years. I still hate EA. Even though I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 a few months ago I still hate EA in general. My hatred for them is still too great to even buy anything from them except for maybe THPSHD. If anything I will get a used copy of an EA game. Just so they don't get any of my money.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 9 2012, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I fear that I will not end up buying NFS HP.... not yet anyway. I still hate EA... Even after 5 years. I still hate EA. Even though I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 a few months ago I still hate EA in general. My hatred for them is still too great to even buy anything from them except for maybe THPSHD. If anything I will get a used copy of an EA game. Just so they don't get any of my money.

I know that feel bro icon_sad.gif

Battlefield 3 is driving me to the point where I'm probably going to stop buying EA games as well.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 9 2012, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that feel bro icon_sad.gif

Battlefield 3 is driving me to the point where I'm probably going to stop buying EA games as well.

My hatred is just too deep. The whole subject of EA is a box of ferrets. Once opened... you will never be able to put them all back in....

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 11 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My hatred is just too deep. The whole subject of EA is a box of ferrets. Once opened... you will never be able to put them all back in....

What's your beef with them? They haven't released that many really bad games recently. Is it any deeper than the stereotypical stuff people hate them for?
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 13 2012, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's your beef with them? They haven't released that many really bad games recently. Is it any deeper than the stereotypical stuff people hate them for?

My beef with them personally = They've chosen to treat console players better than PC players for BF3.

This has lead to the long patch times + horrible work done fixing problems for BF3 in general (for console players as well), as console patches take much longer to have released and out there than PC ones do.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 13 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My beef with them personally = They've chosen to treat console players better than PC players for BF3.

This has lead to the long patch times + horrible work done fixing problems for BF3 in general (for console players as well)

Why do you think that? They've patched almost every month significantly (with smaller patches for bugs) and have been pretty good with fixing game breaking balance issues and bugs.

, as console patches take much longer to have released and out there than PC ones do.

This is not true on a game the scale of BF3 with a publisher the size of EA.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 15 2012, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you think that? They've patched almost every month significantly (with smaller patches for bugs) and have been pretty good with fixing game breaking balance issues and bugs.

This is not true on a game the scale of BF3 with a publisher the size of EA.

5 seconds on google
"DICE has pointed the finger at a "frustrating" console certification process as to why the massive Battlefield 3 patch that we've been writing about for months hasn't been rolled out sooner on PC."-Some shitty BF3 community site

"the massive Battlefield 3 patch that we've been writing about for months"

Dunno if you're trying to make me angry or don't know what you're talking about or what the deal is, but Battlefield 3 has done a horrible job in the past (it's getting better) of releasing patches in a normal timeframe and was previously opting to make gigantic, untested patches rather than the smaller, decently sized patches they've started releasing more recently (about once a month as you said). Previously, we were lucky to see a patch before 2 or 3 months. Since about 2 months ago, they've been coming out once a month at a decent size though.

Fun Fact: Dice was probably using console certification as a scapegoat, as they could have at any time just released the patches on PC first. No idea why they'd lie about it though other than them being with EA and them probably having something to do with it.

Don't even get me started on the premium BS.

Anyway, I've followed the game since Alpha. I know what Dice + EA have been doing right + doing wrong, and they started off by doing patches horrrribly and by creating a service (Premium) which is a fantastic deal that has very small + serious problems (like queue jumping + the constant, unsubtle advertising of Premium slapped all over the game now. Even Activision wouldn't have "Call of Duty Elite" slapped all over every screen of their game, but EA has no problem making Dice do it if there's a chance it'll make them more money.

*edit* Good way to sum up Premium.

Edited by CakeCom, 16 June 2012 - 06:30 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 16 2012, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5 seconds on google
"DICE has pointed the finger at a "frustrating" console certification process as to why the massive Battlefield 3 patch that we've been writing about for months hasn't been rolled out sooner on PC."-Some shitty BF3 community site

"the massive Battlefield 3 patch that we've been writing about for months"

If they're finding that process frustrating, they'd be finding EA's standard QA just as frustrating on any platform. EA themselves are a much bigger stickler for meeting QA standards than the actual manufacturers.

Anyway, they've released I think 5 major patches so far. One in December, one in february, one in april, and one in june. That is not that bad.

the constant, unsubtle advertising of Premium slapped all over the game now. Even Activision wouldn't have "Call of Duty Elite" slapped all over every screen of their game, but EA has no problem making Dice do it if there's a chance it'll make them more money.

I would take that any day over the stupid CoD Elite commercials that were played during every commercial break and before every youtube video tbh. I can ignore a piece of my screen. I can't ignore something that's blocking me from viewing content I care about until I finish watching/listening to it.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 18 2012, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One in December, one in february, one in april, and one in june. That is not that bad.

it's pretty bad when the game just launched with tons of problems and there's tons of games smaller than this that can release minor patches on a much more consistent basis.

+ like 90% of problems are still not fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users