Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Own A Ps3 Again

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 24 2012, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not if the reason you hate them is because of the quality of their games

K.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 24 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So according to your logic, there is never a reason to hate a game publisher or developer because you are never being forced to play their games.

That's my logic as well.

When you get a little older, you'll stop "hating" everything for miniscule reasons.

Or you'll "hate" everything even more, and become one of those people.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
Sure I'm not forced to play the game. But to me.... when I play the game myself, I get this sense that the developers behind the game get forced to create them the way they are. It is like the after taste of a fresh brew of coffee. It just hints at you all day long, until you ask someone who knows coffee, that it was a cheaply produced coffee bean. Even though the branding sounds expensive. I don't hate the developers. In fact I'm not even sure if I had even purchased a game from a developer who was branded under ea and created something else without the ea branding. I probably did and thoroughly loved it. My hatred is only EA.

So my question is whether or not you feel pressured to impress ea or not. You don't have to answer the question.

On a side note.... In this entire game industry there is only one person who I hate more than ea. Can you guess who that is? Hint: ex Sony rep.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 24 June 2012 - 06:41 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
My logic would be, if a publisher OR developer has created products that I've enjoyed previously (especially in the same series) and then suddenly the quality of those products or new related products drops (such as the next game in the series) then that gives me a reason to hate the company. When I've forked over cash for the next game in a series because I trusted it would have been just as high quality and treated the same if not better than the old product, then I believe I should get that in return.

Unfortunately, this leads me to hating quite a few developers and publishers, such as Konami, Capcom, EA and a few others. Valve and Blizzard are probably two of the only few companies I really have no grudges against (I know people were complaining about Battle.Net sucking or something in SC2, social tools don't effect my gameplay though so I never gave much of a fuck).

Maybe one day I'll "Grow up" though and start appreciating these companies for simply making playable games. I mean, it's not like there's indie companies, or other publishers / developers with actual morals and real thought put into selling their games. No, at the rate we're going, one day we may all be forced to play EA's games as they'll be the only
successful publisher left and what they do morally won't matter one fucking bit to anyone as we'll all be getting raped in the ass by the exact same company.

That's how growing up and learning to appreciate EA will be, I'm sure.

Edited by CakeCom, 24 June 2012 - 10:24 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 24 2012, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe one day I'll "Grow up" though and start appreciating these companies for simply making playable games. I mean, it's not like there's indie companies, or other publishers / developers with actual morals and real thought put into selling their games. No, at the rate we're going, one day we may all be forced to play EA's games as they'll be the only
successful publisher left and what they do morally won't matter one fucking bit to anyone as we'll all be getting raped in the ass by the exact same company.

When did making good games become a moral issue? It's not like the developers aren't trying to make good games. We don't sit around all day and think, "How can I make this experience less good to really piss off the customer?" Believe it or not, we have the product and the customer's best interest in mind, but, being human, we make mistakes. If you think that's a good reason to hate someone you're going to exhaust all your energy hating everything instead of spending it making any positive impact on your life or the lives of people around you.

All of your posts seem to rely on the mistaken idea that if you don't love something you must hate it or if you don't respect someone you must disrespect them. You completely ignore indifference or any other middle ground.

@Consept: EA is a developer and a publisher. You can't hate only EA and not hate a lot of great developers.

That's my logic as well.

When you get a little older, you'll stop "hating" everything for miniscule reasons.

Or you'll "hate" everything even more, and become one of those people.

This guy gets it.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Capcom.... Shit when will they just patch their games and sell the DLC for their super and turbo and super turbo versions? Konami... You know I just don't know this company well enough. Bandai.... When will they finally figure out what they want to do with digimon? And I want an hd remake of budokai 1 and 2 for dbz.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Ima be all over my ps3 once that Sony Allstars is out dawgs.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jul 1 2012, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ima be all over my ps3 once that Sony Allstars is out dawgs.

I just sold my PS3 a little while ago, and now this is the only reason I regret it.

Also that survival horror game with the little girl.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
im not expecting the sony all stars game to be any good, but ill give it a shot.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
What kind of pisses me off about the Sony All Stars game is

Why make a Super Smash Bros clone?

Why not have all the characters fight like in Marvel vs Capcom or their own original Fighter?

They just took the easy route and it doesn't look like it's going to pay off as well as it does with SSB.

I'd still play it, but I really think a good, serious fighter could have came out of this and instead it looks like it's just going to end up a bit of a button masher with a bunch of characters jumping around the screen spamming the same attacks.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
I'm 100% sure Sony All stars is going to be worse than any smash released [and brawl was pretty bad] but........ it's the only thing like it coming out, and I love smash.
Supers being the only way to do KO's is going to be pretty strange for balance... you can already tell whos going to be good by looking at how fast they gain meter, and how good the supers actually are. How good the actual attacks are doesnt even matter damage-wise... cause there IS NO DAMAGE. WUT.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jul 2 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm 100% sure Sony All stars is going to be worse than any smash released [and brawl was pretty bad] but........ it's the only thing like it coming out, and I love smash.
Supers being the only way to do KO's is going to be pretty strange for balance... you can already tell whos going to be good by looking at how fast they gain meter, and how good the supers actually are. How good the actual attacks are doesnt even matter damage-wise... cause there IS NO DAMAGE. WUT.

Didn't even know that was the combat concept.

Sounds horrible.

But then again it's Sony.
Why wouldn't it be horrible icon_biggrin.gif.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I found myself playing no man's land in PlayStation home and I got addicted to it.

But that aside the all stars I'm pretty psyched about because I simply wanted to see this game since ssb first came out. Right now I like the idea of the supers because it reminds me of fatalities from mortal combat with the gameplay of ssb. I always wanted to see yoshi or browser do a finish move instead of the specials I saw in ssbb. It also reminds me of killer instinct. I want to see the final product because I tried to do something similar in little big planet back a few years ago. It was more of a king of the hill esque type gameplay on a tilting ship.

As far as making it like a mortal kombat, Tekken, or darkstalkers game.... I don't want to see more of the same in each fighter. At least blazblue went for more stylish combos and specials. Capcom is still nothing more than an adrenaline rush. Virtual fighter is a bit too complex..... And bloody roar had an awesome concept but made me sad when you would go beast mode because it didn't change their fighting style to suit their counter part... And it didn't really have any special moves for an ending.... I know mortal kombat pretty much created that extra insult to injury but it was the coolest fucking idea ever. One game that I wish would come back would be primal rage. I'd totally buy it just to have it again.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I'm waiting for an Altered Beast comeback icon_sad.gif.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jul 2 2012, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found myself playing no man's land in PlayStation home and I got addicted to it.

But that aside the all stars I'm pretty psyched about because I simply wanted to see this game since ssb first came out. Right now I like the idea of the supers because it reminds me of fatalities from mortal combat with the gameplay of ssb. I always wanted to see yoshi or browser do a finish move instead of the specials I saw in ssbb. It also reminds me of killer instinct. I want to see the final product because I tried to do something similar in little big planet back a few years ago. It was more of a king of the hill esque type gameplay on a tilting ship.

As far as making it like a mortal kombat, Tekken, or darkstalkers game.... I don't want to see more of the same in each fighter. At least blazblue went for more stylish combos and specials. Capcom is still nothing more than an adrenaline rush. Virtual fighter is a bit too complex..... And bloody roar had an awesome concept but made me sad when you would go beast mode because it didn't change their fighting style to suit their counter part... And it didn't really have any special moves for an ending.... I know mortal kombat pretty much created that extra insult to injury but it was the coolest fucking idea ever. One game that I wish would come back would be primal rage. I'd totally buy it just to have it again.

They arent going to be like fatalities at all, it's going to be just like a smash ball attack from brawl. The enemy will be KO'd and will respawn seconds later. The point is to get most KO's as possible.
KO counter will be hidden from everyone to avoid "people ganging up on the leader." Sucks for spectators. On a competative level it's not going to be 4 players anyway.. it's gonna be 1v1.

Damn I hope there's a new bloody roar in the future though..

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
PSASBR? More like... POS-BR Episode 2: Attack of the Clone

Yes, Fat Princess is totally a character I want to play as. Totally.

And on a game mechanic that encourages one move spamming. Totally.

If you're going to fucking clone SSB, at least do it right.

Totally.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jul 3 2012, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PSASBR? More like... POS-BR Episode 2: Attack of the Clone

Yes, Fat Princess is totally a character I want to play as. Totally.

And on a game mechanic that encourages one move spamming. Totally.

If you're going to fucking clone SSB, at least do it right.

Totally.

OS says something logical.

My Pure Pwnage forums seems to be broken. Maybe I should try SITMOS.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
There are several "clones" of Super Smash dude. Even Digimon had a version of it with Digimon Battle Arena 2.

As for picking on fat princess... who the hell would want to play as Yoshi besides me?

But I still like the specials idea.

And yes I want a return of Bloody Roar.

And Colorado had no fireworks.... I thought I saw some really bright tiny sky flowers in the distance... but then someone told me that was Jupiter and Mars....

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jul 5 2012, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for picking on fat princess... who the hell would want to play as Yoshi besides me?

That's a horrible question, I love playing as Yoshi in Mario Kart AND SSB

There are definitely characters we can raise questions about though, like Wario icon_rolleyes.gif, NES icon_neutral.gif and... fucking Lucas? 0_o

Like... there was ONE Earthbound game. Why the fuck r Nintend-y so into the characters 0_O

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jul 6 2012, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a horrible question, I love playing as Yoshi in Mario Kart AND SSB

Like... there was ONE Earthbound game. Why the fuck r Nintend-y so into the characters 0_O

High five for Yoshi .!!!, (^,^)

I was really hoping to see Elvis in Super smash....

Anyway on another tidbit... I brought my friend over to hang out for the night and we were smoking it up.... Soon enough I put in Uncharted 3 to show him what I was talking about with the ship section.... So he immediately thought he was watching a James Bond movie... But when the game suddenly went into gameplay he had no idea he was already playing.... He was expecting a cut scene little black out bit... but there wasn't any.... So he got pummeled by the first hit and he was like "wtf!? NO FAIR."

But as he kept playing through the game I noticed that.... he got lost rather easily... The game kept giving him hints but he couldn't figure out what he was supposed to do. And the puzzles seemed to have puzzled him.... The more he progressed through the game the more the... "little things" stopped him... I figured out the entire stealth patterns of the game and helped him with the extra hard bits... but I ended up playing the last sequence for him because he couldn't time the jumps right... He's no fanboy but he plays a lot of Xbox.... and he never played Assasin's Creed... Have games become a bit too complicated for most people?

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 06 July 2012 - 06:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users