Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter Project

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

http://kck.st/IFBdGm

Guys/Gals/CakeComs,

I come to you as a fellow gamer asking you to help fund (and thus get a pre-order of the game at the same time with minimum donation of $15) for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Carmageddon? The epic destruction derby genocide game!? YES! They're making a new one... and they're asking the fans to help secure it financially!

If you've never heard of Carmageddon? Then you are either too new to gaming, or never got that glitter in your eyes seeing pedestrians get slaughtered... that and also the pope trying to get the game banned. icon_razz.gif

Here's a video showcasing some of the fun killing you can do icon_razz.gif

The soundtrack of Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now was mainly Iron Maiden songs btw... fucking genious whoever thought of that! icon_biggrin.gif

My fav kill in that vid is at 2:16 lol.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Mmmm

You've enticed me greatly by mentioning my name in the first post, you hit me in the weak spot... my constant craving for attention...
...you magnificent bastard.

I've never tried any Carmageddon game but if they used Iron Maiden as a soundtrack they obviously were doing something right.

Is it basically just Grand Theft Auto + Twisted Metal combined?
Kind of what it looks like, but I didn't delve too far into it atm... probably will take another look tomorrow but not much time tonight.

Also I'm pretty weak in the wallet atm... next time I get a bit of extra $ I'm probably donating to my favourite BF3 server but after that I'd probably consider this after a bit more research.

But the fact that I need to donate $10,000 in order to design a character greatly disappoints me.
I mean if they were to say $8000 or even $9000 I'd at least give THAT some thought but $10,000 is redunkulous.

Edited by CakeCom, 17 May 2012 - 02:13 AM.

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,572 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
This game was so epic back in the day.

The last hyena laughing, is the Lion's first kill.

sherkas

sherkas
  • Members
  • 3 posts
interesting...

Poodle

Poodle
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Gamezzzz
Carmageddon 2 was one of the first computer games I played! Looking forward to this!

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (MaxDamage @ May 18 2012, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This game was so epic back in the day.

Haha, so many memories. Really enjoyed TDR2000 too. Really happy to hear they're making a new one, will certainly push some greens their way icon_smile.gif

What really struck me though watching that footage was how similar a lot of APB's car / destruction physics are to it. I mean, I've compared APB to carmageddon before, but I never realised they were *THAT* similar till I watched this lol icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users