Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another Interesting Tweet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Triple_D33

Triple_D33
  • GA Private
  • 26 posts
  • Steam ID:TripleDavid
  • Gamer Army ID:3756
  • Company:Golf
It's quite possible that I am just looking into this too much, but I think it is interesting that Joel retweeted it nonetheless.

Aron Gunningham ‏ @PureMMA Close
@jarettcale @joelgardiner Have you guys thought about resurrecting some PP on the web via @kickstarter would be great success im sure...
Retweeted by Joel Gardiner

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
It's also interesting because of the amount of times we have all suggested that.

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,594 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Kinda interesting. I don't think money is the issue, though. The noobstore is all that ever funded PP in the first place and it's still open. PP didn't die for lack of funding, it died because the crew decided to take it to television which put the internet version on hold/in limbo. Then the TV series got cancelled, then the crew split on some issues and decided to go their seperate ways. That's it, really...
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ Apr 14 2012, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda interesting. I don't think money is the issue, though. The noobstore is all that ever funded PP in the first place and it's still open. PP didn't die for lack of funding, it died because the crew decided to take it to television which put the internet version on hold/in limbo. Then the TV series got cancelled, then the crew split on some issues and decided to go their seperate ways. That's it, really...

If I remember correctly, the web show was in doubt before the TV show came into fruition.

I remember in a forum thread Jarett said he would try and work on an episode by himself in about May 2010, when he spoke about his unfortunate health issues he had in the previous months and how Geoff had stated he wanted to discontinue his role on the show as editor, actor and camera operator. Geoff even replied to the thread saying he still would be involved in the web show for music.

August came along (2010) and the TV show was announced with both Geoff and Jarett on board (as well as Joel and Davin).
I remember some fans I talked to after the TV announcement were a bit shocked considering only a few months before we thought that Pure Pwnage as we knew it was over based on the aforementioned thread.

If the TV show with all its prestige and money gave Jarett and Geoff the push into working together again, could a kickstarter program with lots of money for a new Pure Pwnage something get them together once more?
I think it might.
(Of course I do also consider that they may have been contractually bound to do a TV show if the circumstances did arise, which after a few years of talks with the people in the TV business may have been signed off at some point. However, I think that regardless if they had a contract or not they still would have worked together for the TV show.)

With all that in mind, someone throw some large amounts of money at them through a kickstarter program and lets see what happens!

New PP Season 2 episodes! PP Movie!

-Danoli3

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ May 2 2012, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I remember correctly, the web show was in doubt before the TV show came into fruition.

I remember in a forum thread Jarett said he would try and work on an episode by himself in about May 2010, when he spoke about his unfortunate health issues he had in the previous months and how Geoff had stated he wanted to discontinue his role on the show as editor, actor and camera operator. Geoff even replied to the thread saying he still would be involved in the web show for music.

August came along (2010) and the TV show was announced with both Geoff and Jarett on board (as well as Joel and Davin).
I remember some fans I talked to after the TV announcement were a bit shocked considering only a few months before we thought that Pure Pwnage as we knew it was over based on the aforementioned thread.

If the TV show with all its prestige and money gave Jarett and Geoff the push into working together again, could a kickstarter program with lots of money for a new Pure Pwnage something get them together once more?
I think it might.
(Of course I do also consider that they may have been contractually bound to do a TV show if the circumstances did arise, which after a few years of talks with the people in the TV business may have been signed off at some point. However, I think that regardless if they had a contract or not they still would have worked together for the TV show.)

With all that in mind, someone throw some large amounts of money at them through a kickstarter program and lets see what happens!

New PP Season 2 episodes! PP Movie!

-Danoli3

pp_smiley11.gif
Another post which has made my day.

Triple_D33

Triple_D33
  • GA Private
  • 26 posts
  • Steam ID:TripleDavid
  • Gamer Army ID:3756
  • Company:Golf
If someone gave me confirmation that something would come from a kickstarter campaign, I would put money into that without even thinking about it.

Bubbles

Bubbles
  • Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:gaming, tokin yoshi, web design, raw hip hop ishhhh and that good ol punk rock
  • Xbox / GFWL:n0tbubbles
the pure pwnage horde lives on.
we will stalk your every move.

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • PSN:OC-138
I would donate no problems if i knew PP would return. I just think that now its gonna be pretty impossible to get it going again, as people have said in the past, the case and crew are scattered from asshole to breakfast, it would be extremely hard to get them back together again.

nukec

nukec
  • Members
  • 398 posts
  • xfire:nukec
  • Interests:mah balz
  • Steam ID:roflmaogod
With all people + Reddit announcement, we could easily collect $10k for kickstarter for new episode.

Come on, people collected $3000 in few days for Korean starcraft 2 player to participate on MLG in USA, and his fanbase cannot compare to pure pwnages.

It is possible, and we want new webisodes.

Come on guys. Come one Jarret, Geoff, Joel.

Edited by nukec, 14 May 2012 - 12:55 PM.

home_group_shot.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
They don't

Need

Money

Why doesn't anyone understand this?

From what we've been told so far, money wouldn't just fix Pure Pwnage.
There's almost nothing that can fix Pure Pwnage at this point considering there's 2 main actors who have passed away, there's 1 that's hiding in Africa or something, there's one that went on to work on her own career and there's two members who have decided they're too good for Pure Pwnage (one of those two basically being the most important members of ROFLMAO next to Jarret)Obviously talking about Davin.

As I've said before, the easiest fix for this would be Jarret and Joel making their own mini-version of Pure Pwnage. I would watch it, you would watch it, we'd probably enjoy it (Pure Pwnage shorts? Would be entertaining as fuck imo) and they'd be able to make content for years without running out of ideas, without being restricted by everyone's schedules and without being hassled about episodes not coming out fast enough.

Just look at what Joel and Derrek do - they're a two man team that's able to pump out almost a bi-monthly podcast. Why don't Joel + Jarret get together and do this but with Pure Pwnage content?

I mean, let's be totally honest here- for Pure Pwnage to work, you REALLY only need Jeremy. You kind of need Kyle for the back and forth, but I could see cutting him out and replacing him with Doug working.

The only alternative that would potentially satisfy people completely (inb4 Season 3 complaints) would be Jarret, Geoff + Joel mending things up, finding Miranda and flying her to Toronto / Calgary / wherever they're filming, finding Dave (which sounds almost impossible, but I've heard there are people who still have contact with him like Teh_Weimenz) and flying him to PP Filming Location, then writing out two fairly important characters.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
So you're saying PurePwnage should be PurePwnage

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 14 2012, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They don't

Need

Money

There's almost nothing that can fix Pure Pwnage at this point considering there's 2 main actors who have passed away, there's 1 that's hiding in Africa or something, there's one that went on to work on her own career and there's two members who have decided they're too good for Pure Pwnage (one of those two basically being the most important members of ROFLMAO next to Jarret)Obviously talking about Davin.

As I've said before, the easiest fix for this would be Jarret and Joel making their own mini-version of Pure Pwnage. I would watch it, you would watch it, we'd probably enjoy it (Pure Pwnage shorts? Would be entertaining as fuck imo) and they'd be able to make content for years without running out of ideas, without being restricted by everyone's schedules and without being hassled about episodes not coming out fast enough.

Just look at what Joel and Derrek do - they're a two man team that's able to pump out almost a bi-monthly podcast. Why don't Joel + Jarret get together and do this but with Pure Pwnage content?

I mean, let's be totally honest here- for Pure Pwnage to work, you REALLY only need Jeremy. You kind of need Kyle for the back and forth, but I could see cutting him out and replacing him with Doug working.

The only alternative that would potentially satisfy people completely (inb4 Season 3 complaints) would be Jarret, Geoff + Joel mending things up, finding Miranda and flying her to Toronto / Calgary / wherever they're filming, finding Dave (which sounds almost impossible, but I've heard there are people who still have contact with him like Teh_Weimenz) and flying him to PP Filming Location, then writing out two fairly important characters.

I volunteer to replace Geoff's voice behind the camera.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ May 14 2012, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you're saying PurePwnage should be PurePwnage

No

The alternative / more difficult thing to accomplish is making PurePwnage PurePwnage

The easiest thing to do would make Pure Pwnage into Mini-PurePwnage

WhisperXBA

WhisperXBA
  • Members
  • 29 posts
I really just hope Jarret dies suddenly so I can stop coming back to this website and crying a little every time I remember there is nothing to come back to. If Jarret were to die, then that's it, zero chance.. and I can move on.

As it stands right now, PP goes through my head at some point every day.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (WhisperXBA @ May 14 2012, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really just hope Jarret dies suddenly

I'm sure every other PP fan as well as anyone who's sane agrees with you completely
awesome2.png

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 14 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They don't

Need

Money

I suppose you could have Jeremy talking to a webcam or just film it like Arrested Development and pretend that the camera crew isn't there even though it's shot reality style. It would really be totally different without Kyle though. Having Kyle makes it a look at gamer culture from the outside, while following Jeremy with no difference in perspective would remove that degree of separation. It would be fun if they planned on eventually wrapping it up, but if that was the future of Pure Pwnage forever, I'd rather see Jarret and Joel move on to a new project entirely.

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530

So why not make the second season where Jeremy has to work with a new cameraman while Kyle is on vacation? It leaves room for a billion more jokes as Jeremy tries to cope with the fact that it's not Kyle behind the camera,
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (DarkAscension @ May 19 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why not make the second season where Jeremy has to work with a new cameraman while Kyle is on vacation? It leaves room for a billion more jokes as Jeremy tries to cope with the fact that it's not Kyle behind the camera,

Actually did not think of this.

This could work, and it could probably be canon. But then you still have to worry about people like Dave, Miranda, Joel, whoever plays "Kris", etc. showing up + working around their schedules. And I'm still wondering how the hell they'd write out two basically main characters (T-bag and Teh_Masterer) but hm. Still an entirely plausible scenario.

Warned. Stop flame-bating. Be respectful. -Bya

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 19 May 2012 - 09:05 PM.

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 19 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually did not think of this.

This could work, and it could probably be canon. But then you still have to worry about people like Dave, Miranda, Joel, whoever plays "Kris", etc. showing up + working around their schedules. And I'm still wondering how the hell they'd write out two basically main characters (T-bag and Teh_Masterer) but hm. Still an entirely plausible scenario.

Simple. Just say T-Bag died in a car crash (I've seen TV shows where an Actors cause of death became they characters cause of death in the show). I mean they could use his death to dig more into the whole War aspect. But considering at some point his characters killer plot would always bring that up could be well little insensitive. It's easier just to have the random element considering it reflects real life.

Two: Masterer (Whos voice actor is dead) either got Fragged via the war or keeping with the whole "ninja, super gamer" thing, Ascended into a spiritual Binary code (essentially becoming game code) which in the end helps Jeremy win the battle, allows him to finally take his ranking as the best gamer in the world (Remember Masterer is above his skill level). He gets a Shirt "I Pwn Pros" or "God Like" or basically the ninja costume. Having been imbued with the masterers abilities and sense, Jeremy (If the show had a movie instead of a season) is shown to continue the masterers training Dojo, Of course giving its still Jeremy he does do the pro-gaming thing for money as his main job.

I Mean the masterers character could still live if they choose to replace the voice (It's happened in other shows before.)

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 19 2012, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What.

The fuck.

*Edit*

Like can someone point to me where I was flame-baiting?

I honestly don't see it anywhere in this thread.

Edited by CakeCom, 20 May 2012 - 02:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users