Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post Mysteriously Deleted

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

weaselinpants

weaselinpants
  • Members
  • 12 posts
A post I made that a significant number of people admitted they agreed with was deleted. I was not notified, was not given a message, or even given a warning. So I'm curious... is someone protecting the pure pwnage crew from reasonable posts, was there some supposed TOS violation, or... did the people it was meant for see it and not like it...?

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
lol

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

weaselinpants

weaselinpants
  • Members
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Apr 1 2012, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol

Man you hardcore lurk this forum for how dead it is. You got a bot patrolin for posts or wha

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
lol

monsoonlol.png

Ayashi

Ayashi
  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Pony should pony pony
A few more years and it'll be 10 years since I started watching this show. Are you kidding me?

icon_neutral.gif

So saaaadd
QUOTE (Yes - Close to the Edge)
Down at the end, round by the corner,
Close to the edge, just by a river,
Seasons will pass you by

I get up, I get down.
Now that it's all over and done,
Now that you find, now that you're whole

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
I indeed see that thread in the trash. I didnt put it there though.. cause I agreed with it. Don't know who put it there..

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
SOME GUY

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
Since we're here:

"It doesn't matter what words I say in what order, none of them will make me feel like I've created an adequate introduction so skipping to the point.

Maybe you guys owe us something maybe we owe you something. It doesn't matter. I'm sure there are others in this community like me, that see your posts here, and think what the f**k is this tip toeing around what happened bull***t. We've got Jarett sayin, ~"Ya I'd love to do an end show" and Geoff sayin ~" Ya I was down to come back but...Davin impasse" . We've got Jarett sayin there is an ego problem and its not his or Joels. You guys obviously didn't work something out. Something incredibly f***ing stupid, so stupid in fact, neither of you is willing to admit in public,with full honesty, what the hell it was you were arguing about and instead would rather make hints about your ambiguous problems to the community who is already desperate for answers. Whether it was ego like Jarett hints at, or it was a lack of assistance like Geoff hints at. OR maybe you guys don't even realize what the hell it was that you were arguing about.

To a community of people who truly love the show, and find inspiration in it, it is like sitting in the episode where Doug and Jeremy pk eachother at T-bags place. You guys are passively taking shots while the rest of us sit around goin "ehh? huh? WtF? /confused"

Yes we appreciate answers, no you don't owe us explanations and verbal diarrhea of the inevitable conflicts we as humans so often go through, but....

Dude, you totally went ME3 DLC ending on us.

http://www.youtube.c...zU...e=related"

"

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 02 April 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

weaselinpants

weaselinpants
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I really appreciate that byakugan, thank you. Its a shame when any mod begins to operate with impunity and delete posts without reason.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
lol

monsoonlol.png

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 2 2012, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I indeed see that thread in the trash. I didnt put it there though.. cause I agreed with it. Don't know who put it there..

Can't you like dip your digital hand into the trash and pull it back out? pp_smiley11.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Apr 2 2012, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't you like dip your digital hand into the trash and pull it back out? pp_smiley11.gif

I could.. but I wanna know who put it there :/. Could have been Geoff himself lol.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Mysticman89

Mysticman89
  • GA Private
  • 180 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3030
  • Company:Charlie
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 2 2012, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could.. but I wanna know who put it there :/. Could have been Geoff himself lol.

Isn't there some sort of magical mod room where you could have brought it up, before you effectively revived it by repasting the post contents?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your decision to do so, but I don't see a huge amount of difference between thread un-trashing and copying the post. You wouldn't want to be stepping on Geoff's toes after all, as we know how much he loves his feet. icon_razz.gif

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
QUOTE (Mysticman89 @ Apr 2 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as we know how much he loves his feet. icon_razz.gif

If by that you're referencing to his filming style and how he likes the foot shots........... DATS PRETTY COOL.

As for the discussion in the magical lands.. I dunno. We'll see.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 3 2012, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the discussion in the magical lands.. I dunno. We'll see.

I'd be careful, bya. We don't want you disappearing to that 'magical land' as well!
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

weaselinpants

weaselinpants
  • Members
  • 12 posts
There isn't really anything to be careful about. He did the right thing. If someone wants to delete a post with no reason given, no warning given, and then take repercussions on someone for respecting the rights of the community, they have blatantly overstepped their bounds. Without reason or justification it amounts to censorship on the grounds of difference of opinion. To commit such an act, one must be truly lost in self absorption. Speech, no matter how insignificant or trivial, has a right to be heard. Those that deny this simple interest will inevitably be usurped from their position of power. Unfortunately their ego will never succumb to this reality so they will remain a king in their own mind.

This forum is lucky to have a moderator like him, and unfortunate to have one lurking in the midst deleting posts on a whim.

Skrie

Skrie

PP Lifetime Achievement & Overall Best PP Contributer 08

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:7
It was Ximensions I say !!!!

/Psycho theme plays... ...twee... twee... TWEE... TWEE...TWEE... TWEE.....

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
There once was a girl from Regina...

Edited by Original Sin, 04 April 2012 - 05:14 AM.

monsoonlol.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users