Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 10 Makes Me Want To Start My Own Gamer Webshow

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Like many people here, I first found PP around the time episode 4 came out, and I have seen the entire series, multiple times. And I have seen the TV show season also.

And like many, I think episode 10 was, as the title says, "the best day evar". The episode with the most profound awesome packed into 27 minutes.

And, again, like many, I was very disappointed to see how PP went down in a flaming ball of epic fail, despite the season on TV.

So, I have thought of making my own gamer show. It'd start out small, like PP did, and I'd probably actually copy the episodes up to a point, but then take it my own way.

The biggest factor is that enough gamers have to realize how awesome of a show it would be, and spread the word and help it get big.

Then I have to remember that today's internet isn't quite the same as when PP started back in 2004. There were other excellent webshows already out at that time, like "Online Video" at loud!mouth!tim dot com, which is STILL in production, by the way, that were niche markets but were great at what they did. Some of the loud!mouth!tim episodes are also on youtube. We didn't even HAVE youtube in 2004!

So I started thinking of what my first episode would be like, and how to get people interested in watching it more and spreading the word. It'd have to be GOOD to stand out in all the video being produced these days on the internet.

Then I start thinking of having to have a cameraman, casting and directing other people in the episodes, writing scripts, arranging scenes and filming locations, editing, promoting it, and then, HOPING it all works out, people like it, and spread the word.

And then I realize, as awesome of an idea that it might be, it's just not worth the F@CKING effort.

Maybe I'll make an episode 1 and see how that goes. With mostly just myself in it, with the camera on a tripod. That's pretty easy for me.

Edited by McStupid1, 07 March 2012 - 10:30 AM.

SmakTurd

SmakTurd
  • GA Private
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Infr4mer
  • Gamer Army ID:223
I feel that, I wanted to start a web show about a kid who's addicted to league of legends and his friends try to stage an intervention for him. Then I realized all my friends are lazy stoners and would never want to do something like this. Life is cruel.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Me and a friend tried this.

I wish you luck in your endeavors, especially if you're still in school.

Also do not just do a 1 man show, you need somebody to bounce the personality of your character off of (the reason Jeremy + Kyle work is because they're total opposites, yet they're brothers which explains how it is they're even able to stand each other).

I'd also recommend not just having every character in the show being a gamer, as it can become difficult to write any conflict or situations at all (unless you have a Sith vs Jedi situation going on with uber Star Wars force pushes and electro balls).

Try having a character who knows nothing at all and is maybe taught by the gamer character(s), similar to how they introduced in the last episode of Pure Pwnage (web show). Or maybe have a character who totally rejects gamers as outcasts and nerds, and somehow make that the rival of the main character (similar to the Kyle + Jeremy situation but maybe something a bit more angry between the two. Like an actual hate for each other).

Just recommendations anyways, that's how I would have went about it.

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Thanks for the advice, you brought up some points I hadn't even considered.

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Just popping ths topic back up. I haven't been here in a few months. I'm still sad about how PP ended. I remember the days of the mid-late 2000's, waiting with eager anticipation for each new episode.

Then, on each release day, when it came time to watch it, I'd shut off the lights, lock the door, go take a piss and a good crap, get something to eat, and be as undisturbed as possible to soak in the new episode of PP goodness.

Then when it was over I'd play World of Warcraft or Halo 2 on my original Xbox. Or my girlfriend at the time would come over and I'd give her a good screwing. Good times.

Anyone got a time machine? icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by McStupid1, 01 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
The best time machine:

YouTube
A Dark room
A package of 1988 Star Wars licensed gum in mint condition

See you on the other side.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (TimothyEudy @ Jul 2 2012, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You tube is quite impressing.

QUITE.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jul 2 2012, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUITE.

INDEED.

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Jul 2 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
INDEED.

VERILY!
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Knight Fall

Knight Fall
  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, playing guitar in my band, xbox, halo, games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:KnightFall1151
Hey man, I am doing sort of what your talking about with my Pure Pwnage fan films (although I have not made an episode in a year, currently working on another one)

Check out my videos, you may like them, let me know if you wana do like a collaboration or something!

"Watch them here"
Check out my Pure Pwnage Fan Films Series! Watch here: Pure Pwnage Fan Films

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users