Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Website.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • PSN:OC-138
Hey guys, i know its blatant advertising but im trying to get the word out and drum up some support.

Ive started up a website, its basically a tech website that incorporates news, movies, games, music, books etc, pretty much everything tech wise. Now its pretty hard to get a website off the ground, so im just looking for some people to spread the word around about it if its not to much trouble and help drive some traffic to my site.

Also looking for any suggestions you guys might have for it, design wise, content wise etc. fuck even if there is a photoshop guru out there that can help me make my design a bit more slick, as you can see by the site im no photoshop wizard.

Anyway, thanks for reading and check out the site and let me know what ya think or if ya wanna help.

Thanks.

The Mod Tech

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Mate, I'm all about Wordpress. This is relevant to my interests.

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
sweet as mate, hope you find some stuff on there that interests you, and spread the word. if ya got any ideas let me know.

Cheers.

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
ive just put up a competition for the launch of the website, win a diablo 3 beta key, just head to the site and follow the instructions to win!!!

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (OC-138 @ Mar 4 2012, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, thanks for reading and check out the site and let me know what ya think or if ya wanna help.
The Mod Tech

Looks good. Content flows too - it's always hard trying to write in a manner that captures attention.

One comment: The 'lime green' titles for the various navigation parts against the white is probably a bit too much.
You'd be better going with a darker colour - even a darker green - just to create a better contrast. icon_smile.gif

One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
Thanks for the input mate, the design of the site is a basic wordpress template, currently trying to find a photoshop guru to help me design something from the ground up.

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
Hey guys, the website has come a long way over the past couple of weeks. Ive changed the design and added a heap of new stories, starting to get some good traffic going through the site as well but every little bit helps.

Head over to the site and check out the new layout, let me know what you think. Appreciate it!

www.themodtech.com

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
I like the less dark look icon_smile.gif

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,587 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Mar 15 2012, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the less dark look icon_smile.gif

"You don't know the power of the dark side!" -Darth Vader

sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
i posted an article featuring PP on my website, 5 shows that were cancelled too soon. i know pp isnt cancelled but it is pretty much dead. icon_sad.gif

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (OC-138 @ Mar 25 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i posted an article featuring PP on my website, 5 shows that were cancelled too soon. i know pp isnt cancelled but it is pretty much dead. icon_sad.gif

Yeah, I went to comment - it wanted me to register. Couldn't be bothered icon_razz.gif

A few other good ones:
Earth 2
Seaquest DSV
Firefly (though it got a concluding movie)

Usually its the network execs who screw with the writers/story or put it into a time slot that makes only the die-hard fans watch it. Then nobody watches it and the network declares "nobody likes this. Cancelled!".

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
thats weird, i dont have that turned on that you need to register to comment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users