Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game I Made For Android

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,320 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I am in no rush to get something for free, don't worry. Is Tuesday a less busy day or something?

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
QUOTE (UDP @ Mar 12 2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in no rush to get something for free, don't worry. Is Tuesday a less busy day or something?

I chose Tuesday as my day off for a few reasons. However the number one reason is that, when I started driving the cab, the most I ever made on a Tuesday Night was 97 dollars. I average around 160 every other night. Highest non holiday/non special event record was Wednesday, August 24th, 2011: $422.00.

I might switch it to Thursdays seeing how it shifted again.

Major edit:

I just don't think the melody I made suits the game. I am going to try a more subtle approach. I don't know, but to me the melody I created sort of comes in rather strong. I am thinking of more drums than anything for the background music. For some reason a melody to this wouldn't suit it very well. It is just what I am thinking. Maybe create a more "transcended concentration mix" would suit it better. Example would be something similar to this:

Another example would be this:

Transmuted stuff you know?

I will be working on it for weeks now though. Oh and I tried the new version with the trick I mentioned earlier for the cheat. I think it was an isolated case. I will be trying it again here soon with the same enemies I had.

Second edit:

I found a beat with a minimalist sound to it. I actually like the direction it is going because there is so much more I can add to it and what I can mutate it into.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 14 March 2012 - 07:47 AM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
So I was able to do some more on the BGM I started last week. Has a bit of a jungle feeling to it but hopefully it is not as annoying as the last. This is only 1/6th done btw. There is a lot more I can do with this track right now. I was working on the haste sfx when I had to go back to the BGM due to a sound I found.

http://www.newground.../547062/preview

Again it is not done yet. Needs more to the background.

I also tried the glitch I mentioned before and it seems that if you turn off your phone (Lock mode) it will skip turns. And if it skips you the enemy attacks twice. I don't know why. Either that or the attacks do more damage for the enemy rather than yours. I went from 220 hp to 100 hp with my blue guy. I guess this isn't a glitch that is fixable. I wouldn't know where to begin. Maybe add a pause function when someone hits their sleep button?

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 20 March 2012 - 10:24 PM.

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,320 posts
I was quite aware of that bug, though I thought I fixed it. The game will keep going while your phone is off, it especially has to online, though offline and online work the same pretty much. Are you sure it actually skipped turns, maybe it just went by so fast it seemed like it? I turned mine off and one of my guys dropped about 100HP, but I could tell what had happened while it was locked and I'm pretty sure it didn't skip a turn, I just didn't get to see it since my phone was locked. I like the BGM so far, looking forward to more completion to it.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Already worked more on the BGM. I am getting closer to the half way mark for this. Just gotta come up with another transition to another half. Then bounce it back to the original sound before the end.

http://www.newground...77388?updated=1

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Ok... so I came back to the sound effects I was working on like two weeks ago and well... fuck... I forgot which one I was working on so... dammit. But I got Shadow star down.

Edit: OH I remember now! I got the fatigue Consumption half done! Just need that little effect to sound like something is filling up...

off topic edit. I found the Tony Hawk Pro Skater sound effect for when you collect skate

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 03 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,320 posts
That is pretty off topic, lol. I dunno how you'd make the sound (other than physically recording it happening) but if you pour a liquid from a good height into a cup it has that filling up sound.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (UDP @ Apr 3 2012, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is pretty off topic, lol. I dunno how you'd make the sound (other than physically recording it happening) but if you pour a liquid from a good height into a cup it has that filling up sound.

You can easily make it with a 3XOsc and simply creating a base with the LFO quickly rising. But I got it. I'm still trying to find a good tremor sound. Its a hard one to create. I was thinking of using the crushed bag method.

Edit: I was thinking about recording the sound of a few different rocks hitting concrete for the tremor sound effect. Still need a backdrop for it.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 08 April 2012 - 07:59 PM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
So my monitor burned out today... Started hissing at me... And before I could even think I went out and bought a new monitor... Why I said I wasn't thinking? The sound it was producing was perfect for the sound effect lab... god dammit.

I am working a bit on the sound effects and hopefully I will have 4 more for you here soon...

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,320 posts
Did you toss the old monitor? Or does it just not make that sound anymore? Oh well.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (UDP @ Apr 11 2012, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you toss the old monitor? Or does it just not make that sound anymore? Oh well.

I took it into Microcenter and signed a release form for it. I'm just that kind of guy. They will take that monitor and refurbish it. A small 35 dollar part and its brand new. Besides the damn thing had a dead pixel. Now if only I could not be disturbed by anyone else who needs a ride because I was half way through making the healing wind when fruityloops crashed and messed up the zip file while saving... Don't worry it was the first sound effect of the new file so I didn't lose that much.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
So I bought a new pair of headphones.... And I changed up the main BGM and gave it a name other than MT. Now called Minimalist. These headphones helped a bit.

http://www.newground...o/listen/480663

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,320 posts
That sounds good, out of curiosity how do you make any of this? Is it all through a mixing program or something?

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (UDP @ Apr 12 2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds good, out of curiosity how do you make any of this? Is it all through a mixing program or something?

I use fruity loops. It's a program I have been using since 2003. They have flstudio 12 coming soon. I will be buying the producer edition when it comes out. Most of the effects I made so far come from libraries of sounds. I know how to manipulate the sound through various plugins found within the editor. Like the vampiric touch all I had to do was breath into my microphone and I went through the equalizer to raise its high end to make it sound more raspy.

Making that damn tremor noise is going to be a challenge. Sawer has a nice thunder preset that I was thinking of using for the noise.... But I got to make it sound more like the ground popping. Oh shit.... That gave me idea about using the filter cut off.... Shit I wish I was at home right now....

EDIT!: I totally forgot about reversing the sound of lightning. But I need a better... crack... if you will. I can easily mimic the sound of something coming up from the ground. I just need a crack. The after effect with the sound of sand is already done. Just need that crack or clack....

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 13 April 2012 - 09:33 AM.

arslan JEEE

arslan JEEE
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • xfire:arslan44
  • Steam ID:sfefdsce
  • Xbox / GFWL:erfsder
  • PSN:erewsdfse
  • Wii:234234
hi i had an android

look cool to the picthers now i download this game when play than i tell u about more it

http://www.centplay....promotion_1137/

Edited by arslan JEEE, 14 September 2012 - 01:17 PM.

Kalanit

Kalanit
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:Kalanit
  • Steam ID:Kalanit
  • PSN:Kalanit
it looks so cool, but I don't have an android. I think andorid game empire vs orcs is a nice app. Do you play Gameloft's monster life, or the best strategy game clash of clans

Edited by Kalanit, 21 September 2012 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users