Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Hate Coming Here

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530
I honestly still can't get over that PP is dead. Every time I came here before, I used to see hundreds of members online. Topics being flooded with posts. New content created by fans constantly.

Now... ugh. I hate this. All because of a group of greedy, money-whoring and middle-aged men and women, we don't get any more of this awesome show. The naivety we all had, that this show would last forever, that we would see a movie on the silver screen, that we would have an ENDING...

Now, we just get a show about janitors in space. That will probably be filled with references to popular sci-fi shows/movies, but with little humor to them.

Fuck.
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (DarkAscension @ Feb 16 2012, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Hate Coming Here

Then stop.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
I miss the web series but I understand all good things come to an end eventually. The only thing that upsets me is that the PP webseries ended so abruptly and without hope of ever getting a conclusion.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (DarkAscension @ Feb 16 2012, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly still can't get over that PP is dead. Every time I came here before, I used to see hundreds of members online. Topics being flooded with posts. New content created by fans constantly.

Now... ugh. I hate this. All because of a group of greedy, money-whoring and middle-aged men and women, we don't get any more of this awesome show. The naivety we all had, that this show would last forever, that we would see a movie on the silver screen, that we would have an ENDING...

Now, we just get a show about janitors in space. That will probably be filled with references to popular sci-fi shows/movies, but with little humor to them.

Fuck.

I understand how you feel.

I really do. That exact feeling pops up every once in a while. then i choke it down make a post, and play some more video games.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

Xanster82

Xanster82
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
  • PSN:Corruptedechoes
I know how you feel, OP. I started coming to the forums around 2006, (Around the time Episode 12 was released, I was under a different name at the time though). I would remember how active these forums were. I regret not posting much back when the forums were active. I missed out on a lot it seems.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,904 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Agree with OP.
Fuck that "all good things come to an end" stuff. What an abrupt ending. What a way to crap on the community too.
Oh well some of the crew tried.
I'm here out of 8 year habit.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 18 February 2012 - 06:48 PM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I don't really understand the negativity.

Pure Pwnage not continuing isn't simply about greed, there were a ton of factors. While it's true that's probably one of the bigger reasons, that doesn't mean there should be resentment for any of the cast members (that's what the OP implied to me anyways, don't know about any of the other posts here).

I'm still standing by what I've said before. It was a good run. It's a real shame it's gone and I'll truly miss it. But it's over. There's no reason to be angry or even sad about it. It's just the way things happen, nothing lasts forever and yeah sometimes that's because somebody fucked up. Sometimes it's a random act of nature. Sometimes it's greedy TV Execs who totally sell out their entire business. Reel lief is liek, ghey... and stuff right?

But that doesn't excuse the lack of content coming from anyone but Joel for the past year. Jarett doing Starcraft casts is nice, but I'd rather see him do something more on his own. He claimed he's working on that though. G + D working on Space Janitors is fine I guess, we'll see how that goes. But it's taking them wayyy too long imo =p.

Edited by CakeCom, 18 February 2012 - 11:03 PM.

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Feb 19 2012, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand the negativity.

Pure Pwnage not continuing isn't simply about greed, there were a ton of factors. While it's true that's probably one of the bigger reasons, that doesn't mean there should be resentment for any of the cast members (that's what the OP implied to me anyways, don't know about any of the other posts here).

I'm still standing by what I've said before. It was a good run. It's a real shame it's gone and I'll truly miss it. But it's over. There's no reason to be angry or even sad about it. It's just the way things happen, nothing lasts forever and yeah sometimes that's because somebody fucked up. Sometimes it's a random act of nature. Sometimes it's greedy TV Execs who totally sell out their entire business. Reel lief is liek, ghey... and stuff right?

But that doesn't excuse the lack of content coming from anyone but Joel for the past year. Jarett doing Starcraft casts is nice, but I'd rather see him do something more on his own. He claimed he's working on that though. G + D working on Space Janitors is fine I guess, we'll see how that goes. But it's taking them wayyy too long imo =p.

I posted the apparent release date for SJ (Feb 24th) and it's on Escapist, BUT I see nothing the Escapist website. Well, not yet.
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
I really wish Jarett would just release the footage they had, as well as his script and notes for the ending to PP. The show is clearly not going to ever be made again, so why not give us some closure?

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
K here's the problem tho.

People were saying there wasn't going to be any more PP content for months before Project X.

While circumstances are obviously a bit more dire, it's an excuse for them to not release it yet that's why I personally don't really see much reason in harping them over it.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Feb 19 2012, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K here's the problem tho.

People were saying there wasn't going to be any more PP content for months before Project X.

While circumstances are obviously a bit more dire, it's an excuse for them to not release it yet that's why I personally don't really see much reason in harping them over it.

if you seriously think theres even a glimmer of hope of more PP coming out, you're delusional icon_biggrin.gif

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I'm saying there's a sliver of hope for any PP content ever being made again. This means even something small budget, two or three man, vlog style, comic series, animated flash series, etc.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
"Don't say another word! It's not over. It's just not."

Edited by Original Sin, 19 February 2012 - 04:19 AM.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,904 posts
thatonevideoonyoutubeofthemechanicfromhalflife:portalsayingnope.doc

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (DHC @ Feb 19 2012, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really wish Jarett would just release the footage they had, as well as his script and notes for the ending to PP. The show is clearly not going to ever be made again, so why not give us some closure?

1) That won't bring closure.

2) ..
QUOTE (DHC @ Feb 19 2012, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you seriously think theres even a glimmer of hope of more PP coming out, you're delusional icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DarkAscension @ Feb 16 2012, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuck.

I think you're wrong.

There were problems with the forum long before there were problems with the show.

Complaining about a release date in the future, like it's in the past rolleyes.gif

Edited by Nevermore, 19 February 2012 - 07:22 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Feb 19 2012, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were problems with the forum long before there were problems with the show.

ThisX1000

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
What do you guys mean?

The forums were active for a good while after the last episode was released. Saying they were shit previous to that is just opinion.. maybe not as great but a lot of the old members were still active, it was still a good forum to frequent.

Edited by ShiZ, 20 February 2012 - 01:28 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ShiZ @ Feb 20 2012, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you guys mean?

The forums were active for a good while after the last episode was released. Saying they were shit previous to that is just opinion.. maybe not as great but a lot of the old members were still active, it was still a good forum to frequent.

Well it depends on the timeframe, but there was a good while where the best members disappeared, undeserving members were given power (including some of the biggest fucking trolls... :/) and the only sections of the forum that were really getting posted in were crap, general and hardware (no clue why hardware's always lasted so long tbh haha).

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,904 posts
edit: Screw it.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 20 February 2012 - 02:24 AM.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (ShiZ @ Feb 20 2012, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you guys mean?

I'm not reaaaaally talking about activity, sure people were active.. but some of it isn't the kind of active this forum was after/all about.

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Feb 20 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it depends on the timeframe, but there was a good while where the best members disappeared, undeserving members were given power (including some of the biggest fucking trolls... :/) and the only sections of the forum that were really getting posted in were crap, general and hardware (no clue why hardware's always lasted so long tbh haha).

Pretty much this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users