Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Laptop Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Element

Element
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hey Everyone im just looking on advice for a new laptop I havent really been keeping up with hardware lately so don't know whats there is all around im just looking for a pretty decent laptop that would be pretty good for gaming looking to spend anywhere from $800-1300. Anyone got any suggestions best bang for your bucks is what im basicly looking for thanks!

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Absolutely need a laptop? $800 can build you a PC 3 times better than a laptop of same price.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Feb 13 2012, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely need a laptop? $800 can build you a PC 3 times better than a laptop of same price.

Maybe he doesn't want a desk taking up 15% of bedroom / 5% of living room space that could be better used for something that actually needs the space / would like nicer in the space.

Not saying we should all start hopping to iPads and iPhones, but we're kind of advancing past that prehistoric look- while power wise a PC is more than likely better for the same price, with all the convenience you get in a laptop I don't mind paying the extra price personally.

Also, 3 times better would be an exaggeration. I'd say like 1.5 times better than a laptop (power wise).

Anyways, just don't get anything made by Apple, HP or Dell (personal experience with all 3) and you can't really go wrong with laptops (sticking with other big brand names obviously).

*Edit* Also don't do something retarded and buy an Alienware or Razer laptop. You're throwing extra cash at a company for them to put their pretty logo + useless gimmicks into their laptops. Razer's alright for accessories, but their laptop looks ridiculously overpriced. I don't have any personal experience to confirm the laptops being any good or not, but from just a first glance they look pretty expensive for no reason at all.

Edited by CakeCom, 20 February 2012 - 06:55 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Feb 20 2012, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Edit* Also don't do something retarded and buy an Alienware or Razer laptop. You're throwing extra cash at a company for them to put their pretty logo + useless gimmicks into their laptops. Razer's alright for accessories, but their laptop looks ridiculously overpriced. I don't have any personal experience to confirm the laptops being any good or not, but from just a first glance they look pretty expensive for no reason at all.

IDK that Razer Blade LED trackpad is pretty sexy...

Edited by way2lazy2care, 21 February 2012 - 01:32 PM.

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 21 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IDK that Razer Blade LED trackpad is pretty sexy...

Gimicky accessory.

It looks cool in theory, I guess.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Feb 24 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sexy accessory.

agreed...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

madisonbrock

madisonbrock
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • xfire:madisonbrock
  • Interests:I like to spend time with my friends.
You can go for sony vio new addition with intel i7 processor with high graphics card.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (madisonbrock @ Mar 25 2012, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can go for sony vio new addition with intel i7 processor with high graphics card.

Just do your research re: Graphics Card.

Some of these manufacturers claim that their 'dedicated 1gb graphics card' is the bomb.

But it can't do shit.
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Laptop for gaming?

Just cut your nuts off and burn your laptop now, save yourself the hassle of chemo and a melting graphics card.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Mar 27 2012, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laptop for gaming?

Just cut your nuts off and burn your laptop now, save yourself the hassle of chemo and a melting graphics card.

Who games with the laptop ON their lap? icon_razz.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users