Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Using Multiple Internet Sources

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
So in the coming weeks I plan to start streaming my gaming via twitch.tv and unforunately my internet alone can't handle managing CSS or WoW at the same time streaming it. However my neighbor doesn't mind me using his internet at times so what I plan to do is use my home internet for my gameplay and use his internet to stream it live. Is this possible? If so how?

And don't say google it because I tried and none of them make sense :|

Thanks in advance!!!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Jan 26 2012, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in the coming weeks I plan to start streaming my gaming via twitch.tv and unforunately my internet alone can't handle managing CSS or WoW at the same time streaming it. However my neighbor doesn't mind me using his internet at times so what I plan to do is use my home internet for my gameplay and use his internet to stream it live. Is this possible? If so how?

And don't say google it because I tried and none of them make sense :|

Thanks in advance!!!

Step 1. Connect camera to computer on 2nd internet connection
Step 2. Point camera at computer with WoW / CSS
Step 3. Stream whatever you record with camera

That'd be the first thing I tried.

The only other solution I could think of wouldn't work because it would defeat purpose of the goal. The other solution would be play in Windowed mode (WoW, no clue about CSS), use a program like UStream's (streaming program) and stream the video feed from the selection on your desktop (the windowed mode WoW) solely to your other laptop / computer, then use the same program (UStream's again for this example) to stream that video feed to your audience.

This would cause horrible lag for your audience though and would also require you to stream to your other laptop with a streaming program... which you can't seem to do.

If no one here can give you a real solution though (mine aren't really solutions, just things I'd probably try before looking for a real solution), I'd talk to Day9. He's a Starcraft 2 Streamer and can hook you up with a great tech guy for this sort of thing (he does it for Day9's shows and helped him set up his whole streaming rig. Really cool guy as far as Day9 makes him out to be).

*edit*

Sorry just realized you meant on the same computer... throw my solutions out the window except maybe the last paragraph.

I know there's a program that can make a really quick swap between internet connections with the click of a button (while in a game), never heard of two internet connections on one computer though.

Edited by CakeCom, 26 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
How are you going to connect to his connection? Wired or wireless? You'd need a second network card, and some way to tell one application to go via one line and another over the other, which frankly does not exist, windows does this automatically and there isn't anything you can do about it.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jan 26 2012, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are you going to connect to his connection? Wired or wireless? You'd need a second network card, and some way to tell one application to go via one line and another over the other, which frankly does not exist, windows does this automatically and there isn't anything you can do about it.

it does sound like a handy tool if you had a second network card though.

*Edit*

Actually wtf

A Wild Weiman Appeared!

Edited by CakeCom, 27 January 2012 - 12:42 AM.

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
Well I plan to wirelessly but if that's not the case, I have one pair of D-link powerline adaptors that I could use (his router is literally across my room from the house) that he said he wouldn't mind plugging in.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jan 27 2012, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Wild Weiman Appeared!

My instant reaction.

On topic: here you go http://www.tomshardw...net-connections
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.