Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pc Restarts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Hey guys, I don't know how active this board is nowadays but here goes:

For the last couple of weeks my computer was randomly restarting, it didn't show a BSOD or any error AT ALL, it just restarted like it was loosing power briefly, my first thought was that the PSU was failing, so I tried it on my brother's PC and sure enough, it started restarting at random times.

So I was kind of relieved and went ahead and bought a new PSU and a new voltage regulator while I was at it, but the problem is still there, I guess It's the motherboard but then why did my brother's pc showed the same problem when using the "fauly" PSU?

Any ideas?

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Sounds like the PSU was bad anyway, so you didn't waste your money replacing it.

Does it restart LESS often than before?

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Well it's so random it's hard to tell since even before the replacement It could go for a couple of hours without restarting, but then get into a 3 second restart loop, but so far It's happened 3 times in 3 hours. So yeah hard to tell icon_sad.gif

Neojapan

Neojapan
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Steam ID:herr_furzt@yahoo.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:hTp mL
  • PSN:ml5150
Silly as this may sound....have you checked the actual outlets? If you and your brothers computers are doin it, i would check that as well.
Never let your mind stop you from having a good time!

Swapnil choudhary

Swapnil choudhary
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hi friend, I think problem in your SMPS Because SMPS did not get sufficient power supply. first check your SMPS .
Bullshit removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users